Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: HUGE Best Buy game sale, starts Monday 9-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only found one I was looking for- Paper Mario 2.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off, for everyone complaining that they didn't have all of these games in stock... IT WAS A CLEARANCE SALE! One where they DUMP old stock to make way for new. Not a sale where they try to make all of the gamers in the world happy by losing a ton of money on a bunch of games. I can guarantee they aren't making any money selling you something for a dollar.

Secondly, about the prices not always matching -- it was a list made by employees. It wasn't published before yesterday. It wasn't part of the newspaper ad. It was posted on internet Web sites when they found out but sales can and do change. Perhaps there were certain games Best Buy figured they wouldn't discount that low yet. It isn't like the stores have to go off a list that was posted a few days ago online.

As for me, I picked up a few things online. I wish I would've gotten Excitebike, Final Fantasy I & II, Zoo Keeper and Mr. Driller, but I didn't. I only did the online thing. Still, I picked up Hold 'Em for the GBA, Mech Assault 2: LE (which I've wanted for a long time) for the Xbox and Intellivision Lives for the GameCube (second copy of that game ). I feel more than happy that I got those three.

If anyone has extras of the above four titles and wants to part with them for only slightly more than you paid, PM me!
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@pacmanhat: Where'd you pick up the Eyetoy?

(I didnt go out)
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody grab a Growlanser they'd be willing to part with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bigdaddychester and I hit up our local Best Buy - we didn't have much luck either - it was pretty well cleaned out, plus there were some other guys there scooping up stuff while we were looking, so that kinda blew the air out of it too. At least we had about a 20 minute jump on them, so they didn't get everything.

Anyway, I picked up 3 titles - I wouldn't mind keeping them, so I paid $9.99 each (they wouldn't give 'em to us for $4.99 even though we had the lists with us), but I really got them because I thought someone else might want 'em. No big deal either way - they're all pretty common around here.

GBA - Astro Boy
    DS - Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
    PS2 - Sega Superstars (Eye Toy - no camera)

Since they were $10 a pop, how about $15 shipped a piece. Covers the price + couple a bucks for shipping + a buck or two for my trouble.

Shoot me a PM.

- Nick

Insert Coin (Level 0) Wonder_Hamster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong1
    Does this not include the city of Burbank in California. i happened to find a few of the games on the list (3 or 4) but when I went to get a price check, they rang up at regular price. I asked for a manager and they told me there wasn't one. They then sent me to customer service and they couldn't do shit for me. I just left the games. This sucks ass. I was gonna buy Texas Holdem for GBA and MLB Baseball 2K and Rocky, both for PS2. There were others I wasn't interested in though.
    Did they do a price check from a computer or the handheld scanners? Any price changes should go through the system, but they have to manually change it for the handheld ones. If nothing else, you could have them check the price at their own web site, to prove them wrong. Sorry they screwed you out like that though.
    In need of repair: Atari 5200, Colecovision, Pioneer Laseractive CLD-A100
    http://users.ign.com/collection/HamsterX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm I doubt anything good is left but I shall check anyways. :: sigh ::

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't get shit. The only thing I got at the 2 Best Buys I went to was 2 copies of Future Tactics for $.99 There was a lot of shit I wanted to get to but I guess that's how it goes. Any of you guys want to hook a brother up?
    My Game Collection, Doubles Are For Sale: http://www.rfgeneration.com. User name is Shaggy. I will entertain any other reasonable offer.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet...I faired quite well.

I ended up visiting the "mile high city" out in the middle of nowhere and found nearly everything I wanted. GEEZ, that store is like a crackerbox. The latin section at my store is bigger than their whole cd section. Anyhow, I got:

Nintendo DS - Mr. Driller
    Nintendo DS - Zoo Keeper
    Playstation 2 - Growlanser Generations

Yay! It sure did help looking everything up on RSS last night ;D. They had about 3 more copies of each, but didn't want to rack up anything more on the card. If anyone has a paper mario 2 or Ys for trade, I might be willing to travel back there this weekend, but I only want to do trades, otherwise it's too far. I'll take the two aforementioned BB sale games, or any genesis/sega cd games to help me complete those systems.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-

I ended up visiting the "mile high city" out in the middle of nowhere and found nearly everything I wanted. GEEZ, that store is like a crackerbox. The latin section at my store is bigger than their whole cd section. Anyhow, I got:

Nintendo DS - Zoo Keeper

Yay! It sure did help looking everything up on RSS last night ;D. They had about 3 more copies of each, but didn't want to rack up anything more on the card. If anyone has a paper mario 2 or Ys for trade, I might be willing to travel back there this weekend, but I only want to do trades, otherwise it's too far. I'll take the two aforementioned BB sale games, or any genesis/sega cd games to help me complete those systems.
    "Mile High City"

Where the hell do you mean ?

I would love a copy of Growlanser and Zoo Keeper

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain nintendo
    Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-

Nintendo DS - Zoo Keeper

"Mile High City"

Where the hell do you mean ?

I would love a copy of Growlanser and Zoo Keeper
    lol, Prescott. Apparently that's their nick name cause of the elevation. Saw it on a couple of signs.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went back into the same store I had gone into yesterday morning and bought these:

Magic The Gathering: Battlegrounds (XB)
    Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (DS)
    Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2) - 2 copies
    True Crime (GC)

It's funny how the two Silent Hill 4s were hidden behind some crap budget game, and I hadn't thought to look there that morning...

Magic The Gathering, Mr. Driller and one of the Silent Hill 4s is up for trade. They are also being offered to the CAGs as we speak! Let the PMs begin, and I'm taking reasonable trades only.

Also, while I'm at it, throw in my sealed copies of Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf (non-limited ed., XB), Hitman: Contracts (non PH, XB) and Gladius (GC) for trade here too.

I'm specifically looking for Final Fantasy I & II (GBA), Y's (PS2), Growlanser (PS2), Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (GBA) and Sega Superstars (PS2), although I will consider other titles that I don't own.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got nothing.

When i asked an employee about it he said that it was all left over stock from Xmas and that it had all already been moved from that location.

I ended up hanging out with some friends for the rest of the night though so the trip wasn't a waste afterall
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was only looking for Nintendo stuff at my BB, and all I found was the GC Intellivision Lives! I wanted GBA Monopoly also, but it was still 14.99. They had quite a few of the games listed here, but the separator cards were blank (Monopoly included). Maybe they're getting ready to mark them down? I'll check again next week.

Thanks for the heads up, by the way.
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what a scam

even online -- i had ordered 6 games (they suposedly had instock ) and am going to recive only 2

i have to get on to that cheapass gamer mailling list
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do you know if this includes canada or what i'd be interested in a lot of games like Growlanser Generations for sure i wanted this game since it came out but did not want to pay retail price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We'll I got my games today from bestbuy.com. Everything came as ordered (Goldeneye Rogue Agent [GCN]; Intellivision Lives! [GCN]; and Mechassault 2 Lone Wolf [XBX]). However, the Mechassault 2 was just the standard version, not limited edition as pictured and displayed on the website. Bastages!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    We'll I got my games today from bestbuy.com. Everything came as ordered (Goldeneye Rogue Agent [GCN]; Intellivision Lives! [GCN]; and Mechassault 2 Lone Wolf [XBX]). However, the Mechassault 2 was just the standard version, not limited edition as pictured and displayed on the website. Bastages!
    What's the difference with MechAssault? I literally only went for the game because it was the LE version and if I get it and it isn't, I think I'll be returning it...

I've heard its a great game, but I can get it used for the same price, and LE packaging always interests me a lot more as long as I can find it cheaply.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LE has a bonus disc with extra missions and DVD content.