Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Own Multiple Consoles?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Do You Own Multiple Consoles?

What consoles do you have multiples of, and how did you acquire them?

Atari 2600 (5): I have five Ataris (not including the Flashback, Flackback 2, or the 10-in-1 joystick). The reason is simple; they're all different. Six switch woodie, four switch woodie, Darth Vader, and two Atari 2600 Juniors (long and short rainbow, one in the box). Only one (six switch woody) is hooked up.

Sega Genesis (11): As you may have read, for a summer I bought every sub-$5 Sega Genesis I could find. I ended up with about 14 of them. Now I have seven or eight Genny 2's, two Genny model ones (one in the box) and one Genny 3. Two are hooked up; One model II (which has a Multi Game Hunter copier connected) and the model 3 (with a Tototek Flash card).

Dreamcast (5): I still have my original Dreamcast, plus one I bought from a co-worker. Then I bought two from someone online because I was going to mount one in my car (never happened). Recently I picked a fifth one up from a thrift store, a black sports model for $7.50. Only one's hooked up -- the black one.

PSX (6): Two modded ones, a blue dev unit, and three "spares" (ran across them for under $10 each). Only one modded one is hooked up.

NES (5): One's my original one from back in the day, one's my wife's I've picked up the others from here and there for a couple of bucks. My original is hooked up, although usually I end up playing on my Famiclone (not included in the 5).

Nintendo 64 (6): One's my original one, then two came with console copiers that I've bought. Bought one from Kamino before OVGE last year (a green one), and recently picked up two in a trade. Three are hooked up right now, one with a V64, one with a CD64, and one with a Z64.

Gamecube (2): One blue one, one black one. Only the black one is hooked up.

PS2 (2): One launch one, modded (still no DRE's) and another one I recently got in a trade. Only the modded one is hooked up.

SNES (2): One original model, one SNES II. Both are hooked up and have copiers connected to them, a Super Wildcard DX and a Super Pro Fighter.

Commodore 64 (5?) / Apple II (3): I keep buying these as I run across them, putting together complete working systems and whatnot.

So let's hear about your multiple consoles? How and why did you get them, and why haven't you got rid of them yet?

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nes 2, toploader, toaster
    Atari 2600, 4, woody, heavy sixer, vader, Jr.
    Sega Master system, I and II
    Genesis 2
    PSX 2
    Lynx I and II
    Game Gear, black and blue
    Game Boy gray and green.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    What consoles do you have multiples of, and how did you acquire them?

So let's hear about your multiple consoles? How and why did you get them, and why haven't you got rid of them yet?
    Hm... Multiple consoles... Let me see...

I own three SNES units. One that has had the cartridge slot adjusted so that it can play Japanese games, one that is just a regular US unit, and a boxed, German PAL unit. Cost? Well, they were all free. Given to me by various individuals who know how much I love games, and it is difficult for me to turn down a free gaming item. ^_^

PlayStations, five of them. One retail US, three blue debugging stations, all with unique characteristics; one first-gen that requires a rectangular DC adapter (CIB), the next iteration that takes the normal power plug, one with S-Video out, and a green debugging unit. I have been able to get them by various means, mostly due to the seller having no idea what they were selling (my sweetie says that I just have to bat my eyes... I dunno). I have had them for a while, and honestly, I cannot recall how I managed to get all of them. It is late anyway...

Six Dreamcasts. Two Japanese, the rest are normal US versions. I have not looked into variations in the units yet, so I am not sure what differences, if any are. One of the US units I bought on the day of release (still have the box even), and one of the Japanese units I bought used from a game store in the area. The rest were recently given to me as the person who previously owned them did not see any value in them.

Two 3DO's. One debugging station that I managed to get because it was left behind by an ex-roommate, and one boxed Goldstar unit that I bought from a friend for $20.

Two Xboxes. One purchased on the day of release, and one I purchased later so it could be modded (emulators should be played on a console, anyway! ~hee~), and because one is for the living room, one is for the bedroom.

Two slim PS2's. Both purchased brand new. One for the living room and, well, yeah. You get the idea there.

Two Game Cubes. Ditto. ^_^

Two PSP's. One import, one US. Anxiously awaiting Advent Children. ^_^

Three Saturns. One US bought used from Funcoland back in the day, and one Hi-Saturn, almost complete in box, given to me by someone who had no idea what it was exactly, and one dead US one, CIB. Has a non-factory switch in the back that appears to be utilized for playing imports (anyone interested in working on a dead unit?).

Two Atari Lynxes. Bought for $20 each from a store in the area that somehow managed to get a boat load a few years back. Nice package. Got to choose four sealed games each with it.
    I am Vixen, hear me murr!

"The best thing about the internet is that no one knows you are a Goddess!" -- Anonymous

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Yes..
    For some reason I need to own at least two of systems I own..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow you have quite a collection there.

I only have a few multiple consoles.

Atari 5200 (2) Got one free from a coworker when I started to get the itch to collect. But it didn't come with a power supply! Later I found a great deal in the classifieds offering a 5200 and Colecovision and about 30 games! I can't remember the price of the lot though but it was a great deal.

Sega Genesis (2) I traded in my Turbo Grafx for a Sega Genesis. Nothing was happening in the Turbo scene at the time so I wanted to get in on the Genesis party! Can you say Castle of Illusion and Sonic the Hedgehog? See ya Keith Courage! I recently acquired a second Genesis in a yard sale. $10 for a Genesis, Sega CD and about 20 games, some with box and manual! I couldn't pass that deal up.

Sega CD (2) A friend sold me his Sega CD when he bought a Pioneer Laser Active with Sega attachment. This is the tray version of the Sega CD. I later bought another at a yard sale (see above). This second one is the flip top version.

Neo Geo Pocket Color (2) I bought one at a flea market for cheap. Great little system. Afterwards I saw a great deal for a new one/boxed from Amazon.com. I love getting systems with boxes and manuals so I jumped at the deal from Amazon.

I probably won't be getting rid of any of these systems. I'll keep the second ones as back ups in case my main systems die out on me.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2 N64's One Broken,One Working
    2 SNES' One Broken,One Working
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

5 Magnavox Odysseys - because one came with Percepts, one came with Interplanetary Voyage, one came with all the 1973 games and one came with shooting gallery. Oh, and one came all by itself. 2 of them worked when I got 'em, now 4 of them work and one doesn't work . . . a lot less.

2 Odyssey^2s - an initial one with sealed Quest for the Rings and Conquest of the World. (CotW is still sealed) the second one came with The Voice and a bunch of Japanese Odyssey^2 carts. Weird. The manuals and games are in English, as are the boxes, but there's a sticker on the sides with (I assume) the title of the game in Japanese. But I digress.

2 Atari 2600s - I got one to use a newly acquired Supercharger specifically to use the Stella got a new Brain CD. The second one was given to me.

EDIT: I forgot: Two GBA SPs so my son and I can play Crystal Chronicles together. A color game boy (purple) and an original Game Boy (dedicated to the gameboy camera.)
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have 2 N64s, and 2 Dreamcasts.

I bought one N64, and won the other in a contest here (didn't even know it was the prize! It was a SURprize )

I bought one DC, and Perkar gave me the other one cuz mine wouldn't play a game he gave me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Ok, there is my list thought I'm not going to say why I have so many of each.

2 PS2's
    3 SMS
    7 NES including 1 top loader
    7 Gennys
    15 Atari 2600's
    7 PS1s
    2 Dreamcasts
    5 O^2's
    4 Gamegears
    6 Gameboys
    3 GBA sp's
    2 SNES
    3 Saturns
    2 N64

I'm sure I'm missing something else.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Pretzel (Level 4) miaandjohnrule's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OriginalRope

2 2600s - I 4 switch woody $5 flea and a sears heavy sixer - $7 with 15 games.(still need a vader and a jr)
    Intellivisons -3 mod 1s (I think one is doa), 1 mod 2 , 1 mod 3. Got the models 1s for free with games from a co worker, got the model 2 for cheap with the vioce module at a local game store , got the model 3 for $25 from a garage sale with some late release games
    5 NES - 3 toasters - one complete boxed action set , and a couple complete systems I've picked up at the thrifts/fleas over the years. 2 toploaders - 1 my first system back - really got me back into collecting - $55 with alot of extras from a friend , the other I picked cheaply up to get AV modded and haven't had the chance yet. I wasn't sure if this counts as a console - my newest find - my Nes Game Television , got it for $65 with 20 games and 4 controllers (3 of the black!) although it is missing one of the front stability legs.
    3 Sega Master - 2 model 1s (1 with snail , 1 HO/SH built in)
    I really wanted a snail system (I had it back in the day) so I traded my friend for it , the other is cib I got off the bay. 1 model 2 I got a Ccag from Matt for $30.
    2 Snes - 1 regular , 1 new style nothing extra ordinary to report here.
    3 Sega Genesis - models 1 ,2 ,3 just wanted all the diffrent versions , got 'em all cheap. I've been playing it quite a bit lately and getting some good finds in the wild for it.
    2 N64 - 1 Atomic Purple , 1 Atomic Blue. 1st one was a gift and the 2nd I got at a flea for $5 with 2 cont , expansion pack , carry case, and a few commons.
    2 ps1 1 old model , 1 newer. Got 'em real cheap or free from friends. I always used to hate the playstation but it deserves some love for sure.
    I guess I'm a little too cheap to buy doubles of current gen consoles , I'd rather wait until they get real cheap.
    I really love all my consoles , I don't think I could get rid of them , if I had more than 1 of a certain variation then it becomes trade bait.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have 2 2600's, one in a box, the other loose.

2 genesis' I believe, one hooked up with a Sega CD, other chillin on the shelf.

2 SNES', one busted, one my original one from back in the day.

like 4-5 NES',not sure of the exact number, but there are a few.

2 Crystal Xboxes, I've had 4 in total, I had a black one originally, got a green one, sold the black one to get the crystal, then sold the green one, then managed to get a sweet deal on another crystal one.

Yup...
    I game therefore I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2 Dreamcast - one regular one limited
    2 PS2 - one old, one slim
    2 Xbox - both limited versions
    Guns don't kill people,
    Chuck Norris kills people!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

NES, NES model 2
    Panasonic 3DO, Goldstar 3DO
    and Technically 2 dreamcasts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

NES - 35+. Got them at garage sales, goodwills, thrifts, etc. One even came from the garbage . Basically there was a point in time that i bought every NES console i saw. Sold a few and currently have 28. 29 if you count my toploader

SNES - 4 or 5. Bought the mini model for $30. 2 or 3 others i accquired through garage sales. the last was given to me by my niece.

Gamegear - 2. one given to me by friend, other found in garbage

gameboy - 4. one originally mine, 2 garage sales, 1 thrift

the rest of my stuff i only have 1 of

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a modest collection:

2 GBAs
    2 Dreamcasts
    3 Genesis (Model 1, 2, 3)
    1 JVC X'Eye
    1 Laseractive
    2 PS2s
    1 PSone
    3 Saturns
    1 SNES
    1 NES (toploader)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really only use my consoles for playing and I try to get rid of multiples I have. If they work, I mod them if possible and sell forward. If they don't, I take the good bits off and give the casing to someone in need.

"I never should the games I sold and I have replaced them but they are not the game just a hollow shell of the same game." -RugalSizzler

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

NeoGeo CMVS 2 slot coming soon.
    PCE Duo-R
    PCE Core Grafix

Not much but hey i'm not worry about, having some gigantic collection afther all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    strayhellcat

I've got 2 Mega Drive IIs, one is loose and hooked up to my Mega CD and the other is boxed and still in all the plastic. (Kekekeke.) I used to have 2 GBCs, but sold my Pokemon edition one because... I guess I kinda grew out of Pokemon. I still play the games occasionally though.

I've also got 2 Sega Saturns. One is a PAL one and the other is a Japanese one with the PAL power supply in it. Poor PAL Saturn is in its box, not getting played.

I've got 2 SNES' as well. One is PAL (sitting in the shed in its box) and the other is an American one (which will come out of its box into my room as soon as Kamino sends me FFIII )

Finally, I have 2 N64s. I used to have 3, actually, but one is back in Sydney, kinda dead. I have a gray one that barely works, is dirty as hell, and dumped in the shed. My purple one is awesome, though! I need a boxed one. <3 purple.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atari 2600 VCS (7 or more): 6-switch, 4-switch, 4-switch Darth Vader, Jr. short Rainbow when I not wrong & Jr. Black. And some doubles too, not sure which ones. I think another 4-switch and some Jr. maybe.

NES (2): Toaster and M82.

Super Nintendo (2): I and my borther own one. The second has my brother won by a Super Mario Kart competition.

Mega Drive / Genesis (2): Mega Drive and Nomad.

PlayStation (2): Old big one and PSOne. The first big one has some problems with sound and not work so good anymore, so I have buy the PSOne.

GameBoy (2 or more?): We have buy more because all in our family have played in the past.

GameBoy Advance (2): I and my brother to play together Mario Kart Super Circuit.

GameGear (2 I think): Because some have not work so good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Genesis (2) - One to play, and one that is minty and boxed.

SNES (2) - My SNES from way back when which is still in great condition, and one I picked up to adjust to play JPN games.

PS2 (2) - One at launch, and a slim one, which I modded.

Gamecube (2) - Black and Platinum, for no particular reason.

Nintedo 64 (2) - Used to have one at my Dad's so I picked up an extra see through type one, now have both at home.