View Poll Results: Will the Revolution Controller be revealed at TGS?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep and Mario 128 will be shown demoing the new features of the controller

22 29.73%
  • Sort of. We'll understand parts of the controller but will be left wanting more!

28 37.84%
  • Nope. Nintendo will play it close to the vest!

24 32.43%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Will the Revolution Controller be revealed at TGS?

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmtz
    In the last interview Nintendo said they were not done. Anyone think they know what this means?
    Presumably, judging by the starchy whiteness of the controller, they're going to pop it back in the oven until it's a crispy golden brown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Well they did say that the Revolution would be 2-3 times more powerful than the Gamecube. Just image a RE 4 type game multiplied by 3... there you go.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Waving your hand around and holding the remote up for a few hours will get old.

2. Waving one hand around to look in a FPS while using a traditional analog stick in the other hand is not going to be easy. Take your hands off of the keayboard and try it right now. How akward is that?

Non-tendo are done; stick a fork in them.

They'll be a 3rd party by the end of '08.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zadoc
    1. Waving your hand around and holding the remote up for a few hours will get old.

2. Waving one hand around to look in a FPS while using a traditional analog stick in the other hand is not going to be easy. Take your hands off of the keayboard and try it right now. How akward is that?

Non-tendo are done; stick a fork in them.

They'll be a 3rd party by the end of '08.
    you don't have to wave your hand around for hours..you can rest your hands comfortably on your lap and the controller doesn't have to be moved much at all...please look into stuff before you make such obviously false points. And if you don't know where to get information, watch the press conferance at Gamespot...then head over to 1up.com to watch the roundtable...or you can READ the info just about anywhere if your not feeling lazy.
    Avenger Out

DC Underground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is indeed a Revolution. Nintendo has just developed a completely new product. It is not a video game console. It is a whole new form of entertainment. I can see this being marketed as a completely new thing which could either be percieved as a gimmick and fail or actually take off and be bought and used by people - and the people I see it being most popular with are non-gamers. This is the market Nintendo has stated they are after and I think they could have it if they have the right software available on or near launch and market it correctly. The thing then is that this system can be used as a normal video game console also - simply with a new and exciting input device. The possibilities for FPS games seems really good and for games like that I don't percieve any fatigue as you simply rest your arm down on an armrest or your lap and move your wrist like simply using a TV remote control but with direction also. For racing games they can simply make a steering wheel controller which you plug in the freehand controller. Everyone else is simply doing more of what is currently being done but Nintendo are actually trying to open up completely new areas of growth and still cater towards the traditional gaming crowd.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the one thing that worries me is that us here at DP are (mostly) thinking of the Revolution from a perspective of a gamer, a person who LOVES video games. But I keep having to remind myself that it doesn't matter how amazing this thing is going to be, everything comes down to money, and if its not worth EA's(and other 3rd partys) time to make games for the system, they won't, no matter how much they might personally love the system. So heres to hoping the Revolution is a big commercial success, so us gamers will get the quality products we want.

I dont wanna say 'hey support it or you dont love games', and i dont want to tell you what to do, but I feel like the more we suppost the Revolution (with our cold hard cash) the more we will get payed back in quality (3rd Party) games.
    Avenger Out

DC Underground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphor Dot Fossils
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmtz
    In the last interview Nintendo said they were not done. Anyone think they know what this means?
    Presumably, judging by the starchy whiteness of the controller, they're going to pop it back in the oven until it's a crispy golden brown.
    Slim Pickins sez: Remember, we're the best!
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JB Lars
    PSN
    JBLars

I was having an egosearch on my old posts, and thought I'd thread-necro this so everyone insisting that Nintendo was done could have a chuckle.