Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Hawk on the GameCube... worth a try?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Tony Hawk on the GameCube... worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by DrJustinRamone
    Ah, THUG=BUG, my topic if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, the only way to fix that was through calling MS and after them beating around the bush for 15-20 minutes, giving me the code that wipes the HD. Luckily for me I didn't have anything I didn't mind losing, but it's a hassle regardless.
    Yeah, I've probably got 50 or so gamesaves on there that I don't want to lose, including season data for NBA, NFL and MLB 2K5. As much as I'd like to play THUG on Xbox, losing most of that makes it really, really not worth it... and since I got THUG for the GameCube cheaper than I could get another memory card for the Xbox, I think it just makes sense... as long as the controller works well for it.

I'm really surprised by the people who said it was great. I've always thought that I wouldn't be able to play on anything but a four-face-button pad.

By the way, what "extra tricks" does the Playstation have on it thanks to the extra buttons that the 'Cube / Xbox don't get? I've only played THPS on the PSX, and I never really liked that one anyway, so I can't judge it.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only Cube version I played was of TH3, so I can't comment on any of the later ones. It suffers from some bad slowdown in a few levels (especially Skater Island), probably because it was a rushed port. I don't think the later games have the excessive slowdown because I would assume they were developed simultaneously with the other systems' versions, but I can't say for sure.

The small D-pad makes it harder to control IMHO, and I wouldn't want to go back to it after the Xbox's Controller S pad, but by the time I got the Cube version I had kind of gotten used to it through the original GBA. On the other hand, if you prefer to use the analog stick, the Cube would be just as good. In fact it may be better because its octogonal well would "force" you to press the stick in an exact direction.

Another thing: it's been a while since I played it, but IIRC you don't have to press the triggers all the way down until they click; just lightly tap them. I don't know if later games worked this way or not, of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved my THPS3 and 4 on the cube and I for one loved the controller. Just needs a bit of getting used to since most of us have probably played the series on DC or PSX/PS2.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, open it up and play it for sure!
    One of my favorite games of all time is THPS 3. I personally think the controls are close to being perfect! THUG is no different, as I own every HAWK game for the GC so far.