Thread: Another negative feedback I didn't deserve....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another negative feedback I didn't deserve....

My last negative comment was given to me by a non-paying bidder who retaliated after I gave him negative feedback.

Now, I just got another one from the person who bought my extra dreamcast...after I already had to relist it because the last person who won it never paid. I few days after I shipped it, I get an email from the guy...who only has 1 feedback, which happens to be from me, that the power button on the dreamcast sticks and it's hard for him to turn off. I emailed him back and told him I tested it several times and the power button never stuck when I had it. A few days later, he emails me back and says: "At least the Dreamcast works...I guess I can live with it."

A few days later, I get another email from him. This time, he says the power cord isn't working. He says sometimes it delivers power to the system...but most of the time it doesn't. That power cord was brand new off of ebay! I fully tested it as well.

Today I got on my ebay account, and there was a big juicy negative feedback waiting for me. The guy never even asked for a refund. I emailed him and told him I'd give him a refund if he shipped the dreamcast back to me and agreed to mutually withdraw the negative comment. But still...this makes me pretty upset. That dreamcast worked perfectly when I tested it out.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That sux :\ But since you already have one negative feedback from another time you dont have any 100% positve feedback to "protect".

How many positive feedbacks do you have?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have 153.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Sounds like the guy is incompetent. I've been fortunate enough to not get any negative feedback just yet, but I have gotten some neutrals in retaliation. I've also never left a negative, so I guess that helps. But if I ever needed to, I would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you happen to write down the serial # of the Dreamcast you sold him, so that if he returns it you'll know if it was the one you sent him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you happen to write down the serial # of the Dreamcast you sold him, so that if he returns it you'll know if it was the one you sent him.
    No, I didn't unfortunatley.

However, he never asked if he could send it back for a refund...which makes me think he doesn't have a plan to swap a broken Dreamcast for a working one. He probably would have asked for a refund right away if he did.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Strange that he didnt ask for a refund. Maybe he thought there wasnt possible to refund. But you have a high postive rating so this negative wont do much, except annoy you hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Maniac
    However, he never asked if he could send it back for a refund...which makes me think he doesn't have a plan to swap a broken Dreamcast for a working one. He probably would have asked for a refund right away if he did.
    Ya, I guess so. Hope everything works out for you in the end.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, sorry to hear about those problems your having.

Im having similar problems too. I have two buyers, each bought a Master System which was fully tested prior to me sending it out.

Each says that its broken! which is really, really wierd as I tested them both.

I think some people just dont know how to tune them into TV's??

One of them though, he refuses to send it back, says that I need to refund him up front or something or send a replacement, I said, for all I know, it could be fine and I did test it and it was working perfect before I sent it...

Some buyers really annoy the hell out of me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I received a reply from the buyer. He said he had gotten several things off of ebay lately that hadn't worked and he was just very frusterated. Anyway, he agreed to have the feedback withdrawn.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lot of buyers purchase things they have no idea how to work, for example, many buy NES games and expect their 20 year old systems with worn out connectors and filled with dirt to play games as soon as you put them in. Sometimes games that look clean to the eye still have grime on them that wreck havoc with the connectors.

Some just expect stuff to dance for them right out of the box, sometimes you just chalk it up and take the negative, perfect feedback for sellers always seems fishy anyways. No way will I beg and plead to remove a feedback.

I've had a few people who complained things didnt work, and once I told them how to clean/hook something up, and tell them I expect the item to be returned to me in the exact same condition it was sent if they want a refund, they either relent later and leave positive feedback, or I never hear from them at all. Whatever you do, don't send any refund until you have the item back in your hands, and definitely mark systems so you know it was yours if its a reasonable size sale

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought some CDs off e-bay but the thing is that the jwel cases were ingraved a promo thing. anyway the cds showed up and all the juel cases were busted I send him several e-mails and affter he didnt respond I left NUTRAL feedback aprox 10 min later he leaves me negitive feedback saying that I am a bad e-bayer you know just another say in the bullshit of e-bay

You stay classy digital press,

Ron
    "Great Oden's beard! I didn't say that She typed it on the Teleprompter"
    - Ron Burgundy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ron_burgundy
    I bought some CDs off e-bay but the thing is that the jwel cases were ingraved a promo thing. anyway the cds showed up and all the juel cases were busted I send him several e-mails and affter he didnt respond I left NUTRAL feedback aprox 10 min later he leaves me negitive feedback saying that I am a bad e-bayer you know just another say in the bullshit of e-bay

You stay classy digital press,

Ron
    Is it me or is neutral feedback completely useless since the person you leave it for will probably retaliate with a negative?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, the buyer was supossed to send the Dreamcast back for a refund...but I just got an email from him today and it turns out he sold it to someone else. He said it's been a few days since he sold it, and the person who bought it has yet to complain about any problems. So, I guess he must have been doing something wrong to cause the dreamcast not to work.