Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help: Buyer wants refund, but I said no refunds...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Help: Buyer wants refund, but I said no refunds...

Hi.

I have a problem with a buyer. I got this message earlier today:

Hi,

I have recived the Sims 2 University game but when I tryed to install it a message popped up that said that a file having trouble installing and would not finish the instalation.
    I made multipule unsucessfull attemps and it is obvious that the disk is falty.
    I need to know if your are willing to make a refund or not.

MosaicTileSupplies
    The item in question is this. Now, I didn't say there were no refunds or returns accepted when I initially listed the item; however, I did answer a question when someone asked me about it and posted it on the auction so others can read it. It's located here. The question was asked, answered and posted on September 14. The bidder bid anyway - three days after the question was posted.

Now, I don't give refunds on software. I already said that in the question (and added a "No returns on software" policy in all my auctions afterwards). The winning bidder made his/her offer AFTER I posted the question. So what do I do? I'm afraid I'll be slammed, AGAIN, for something that is not my fault...

Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

send it the cheapest pay possible that it can be tracked with insurance.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

What's the weight of the package? For that size you should be able to send it letter airmail rate. Might squeeze into $10 there, have to see. Insurance would be whatever on top.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, if thats the way he wants it. But it will most likely get broken if you dont send it in a box. Then he will claim money from Paypal and give you a negative most likely
    Did you list the shipping price in the auction?

The picture he gave you. It looks like it was shipped between 2 cartboard plates. And it was cheap. Can you send it the same way and for the same price?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Yes, if thats the way he wants it. But it will most likely get broken if you dont send it in a box. Then he will claim money from Paypal and give you a negative most likely
    Did you list the shipping price in the auction?

The picture he gave you. It looks like it was shipped between 2 cartboard plates. And it was cheap. Can you send it the same way and for the same price?
    That is the reason why I don't want to ship it like that. It's much safer to send it in a box. Less risk there.

I could try to send it that way, but see, I don't have such sturdy cardboard available. The only boxes I have are rather flimsy. I'll see what I can do about that.

dieourumov:
    I can't send an item overseas with tracking via USPS. And if I choose another method, it'll cost MORE than GPM.

Mayhem:
    I can send it via airmail letter rate, but not if I want it to get there intact.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can ship worldwide with USPS and get a tracking number I recently did this. I payed $26 to get one NES game sent from USA to Europe. It was fully insured and it had tracking.

Isnt there any way you can get good cartboard? Ask in a foodstore if you can, you probly get it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    You can ship worldwide with USPS and get a tracking number I recently did this. I payed $26 to get one NES game sent from USA to Europe. It was fully insured and it had tracking.

Isnt there any way you can get good cartboard? Ask in a foodstore if you can, you probly get it
    The jerk won't even PAY $12, you think he'll want to pay $26?

And the local foodstores do have cardboard but they throw them out rather soon, or they... well, have oils, fats, and such from food. >_<

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hehe true, but I just wanted to say that it is possible
    Ye, they might have food on them, but not all. Like cartboardboxes that contained chipbags or other stuff. Its worth a shot, you will probly get something if you ask.
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

You can get some semi-decent cardboard from the boxes the USPS gives you. I justify it as I am still shipping stuff through them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What you also can do is make the box yourself with cardboard and some tape to make it fit around the record,the cheapest way right?
    Just use some old papers and cardboard inside also the to keep the record in one place and that it can't bend when mailed and your finished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0
    You can get some semi-decent cardboard from the boxes the USPS gives you. I justify it as I am still shipping stuff through them.
    The local clerk told me that if I ever mangled a Priority Mail box and use it for another purpose, he'd refuse to ship anything I try to send.

So... not an option.

Nes-a-holic:
    I want to do something like that... or maybe get a huge envelope and send it that way. Problem is, most cardboard here is not even sturdy at all.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    I can send it via airmail letter rate, but not if I want it to get there intact.
    It might be called "airmail letter rate" but it is what essentially replaced the old "small package" rate.

Airmail letter rate can be used for packages/parcels that have no dimension greater than 24 inches, a combined length/width/depth of no more than 36 inches and a weight less than 4 pounds.

It's how I get a lot of my smaller items sent from the US now. I can't imagine the dimensions or weight being outside those I've listed. And yes it applies to shipping in whatever box you want to use and how much you pack it to protect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The auction description says "European, Asian, Australian and Canadian bidders must contact me to inquire shipping charges to their country". Did this guy contact you beforehand for a shipping quote? If not then its his own fault and not yours.

I'm assuming that the seller of the package that he provided a picture of used Global Priority Mail. For an 8 oz. package shipping would cost $5.00 (Link). Great price but only because you're sacrificing the weight of packaing material that will protect the record during shipping.

My recommendation is to package it up in a small box and ship it via Airmail Letter Post. As long as you can get it packaged within a pound shipping would only be $9.25 (Link) If he doesn't accept that offer then tell him to pound sand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    The auction description says "European, Asian, Australian and Canadian bidders must contact me to inquire shipping charges to their country". Did this guy contact you beforehand for a shipping quote? If not then its his own fault and not yours.

I'm assuming that the seller of the package that he provided a picture of used Global Priority Mail. For an 8 oz. package shipping would cost $5.00 (Link). Great price but only because you're sacrificing the weight of packaing material that will protect the record during shipping.

My recommendation is to package it up in a small box and ship it via Airmail Letter Post. As long as you can get it packaged within a pound shipping would only be $9.25 (Link) If he doesn't accept that offer then tell him to pound sand.
    The guy never asked me for shipping costs beforehand.

The small Flat Rate Envelope is about three inches tall by seven inches long. The item would fit, yes, but in little pieces. Not to mention that there isn't any space for padding.

*kicks stupid USPS website*

Maximum length, height, depth (thickness) combined: 36 inches.
    http://pe.usps.gov/text/Imm/immc2_017.html

The box I intended to use has dimensions of 11 by 10 by 3 inches. Can I use this box?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Sorry, this post is not meant as a bump. I decided to tell him that it's either $12 or nothing.

Hello.

I'm not reducing the price of shipping. I can't lower it any further.

I wrote "European, Asian, Australian and Canadian bidders must
    contact me to inquire shipping charges to their country." on the
    auction for a reason. Most bidders contact me before the auction
    ends.

If you do not wish to pay the cost of shipping, then you must
    definitely not want your item to arrive in one piece. I refuse to
    ship the item in anything but a box with tons of padding inside. The
    album is rare and I will not risk it be destroyed or damaged because
    of bad packaging and awful handling by the postal service in both
    your country and mine.

If you do not wish to complete this transaction, we can both agree to
    not continue with it. Simple as that.
    *prepares for the impending negative*

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    The box I intended to use has dimensions of 11 by 10 by 3 inches. Can I use this box?
    Yep that's fine. None of the dimensions are over 24 inches and the combined dimensions is 24 inches (so under 36). So weigh it, and then calculate airmail letter rate on the UPSP website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Frankly, your original $20 quote for shipping a 7" record was ridiculous - I'm not surprised the guy wasn't happy. Even $12 is steep. It has usually cost me around $10-$15 to get LPs sent from the US to the UK, and I wouldn't expect to pay more than around $8 tops for a 7".

Why are you insisting on shipping it in a box? I've bought records from all over the world, and have never recieved one like that - an LP/7" mailer or a couple of bits of stiff cardboard does the job perfectly.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perhaps you would be better off doing what others have done and refuse to sell to foreigners.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Frankly, your original $20 quote for shipping a 7" record was ridiculous - I'm not surprised the guy wasn't happy. Even $12 is steep. It has usually cost me around $10-$15 to get LPs sent from the US to the UK, and I wouldn't expect to pay more than around $8 tops for a 7".

Why are you insisting on shipping it in a box? I've bought records from all over the world, and have never recieved one like that - an LP/7" mailer or a couple of bits of stiff cardboard does the job perfectly.
    Did you read my response? I included links to the USPS website with their shipping rates. $9.25 is the minimum charge for Airmail to Poland for a one pound package or envelope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Since when did a 7" single weigh a pound?