Thread: Nintendo DS crooked screen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Nintendo DS crooked screen

How the heck could the bottom screen of my DS end up being crooked? It's at a slant now but otherwise works perfectly. Never been dropped or anything, but it's sat for a few weeks till today when I open it up to play it and notice it. Wasn't like that before.

It's a very slight slant, I'd say maybe there's a 1/16th" difference in the height from one side to the other.

Only thing I can think of is someone else picked it up or dropped it and set it back where I always keep it up hoping they didn't do any damage.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought there was an option to position the screen in the menu......but if that is not the case then I have no idea what you can do other than try to reposition it the old fashion way (hitting it trying to readjust the screen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I tried that (not too hard out of fear of breaking an otherwise brand new fully functioning DS). Seems to be in position firmly, I don't see how it could just move.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

That wouldn't make it slant though Smoke. It just moves it up and down.

I don't honestly know why the screen would tilt though. it seems kind of odd. Call up Nintendo and ask them. If they can't fix it they'll replace it for free i'm sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I should but I won't, I'm sick of dealing with defective products. It's a hassle to deal with it all, I'll just deal with it. My first DS had a dead pixel, and the lady at Wal-Mart gave me a real hassle returning it like I was cheating them. And then I order this one online since no stores had the 150 dollar SM64 DS bundle by then, and I get the Metroid bundle instead and had to fight to get SM64 which I finally did.

I've bought a sealed Jaguar game that was dead, a system that didn't include a supposedly included item, PC games that didn't work, a 700 dollar PC steering wheel/pedals not working right, and probably more the past few months. Everyone was cool about it besides the Wal-Mart lady, I haven't been cheated in any way, but it's sure getting frusturating and expensive.

Time for a break from this hobby if thing's aren't going to work like they're supposed to. Too expensive, I've racked up probably half the cost of a Xbox 360 the past few months in shipping charges alone to get things working that should've the first time or should've never broke.

Enough complaining, I just had to get that out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you send it back to nintendo they ship it for free to and from.....I sent mine back to nintendo to fix a hinge and it did not cost me anything plus I had to take an email from them and the system to fed ex to ship it.......the only thing that caught me off guard was that I had to use fed ex to ship it back but they sent it back to me ups......but if you decide to get rid of it I would buy it off ya......my kids would not be bothered by the screen position as an adult would be....also njiska you are right.....when I first replied I was thinking top to bottom not really corner to corner.....but that does make sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Would I be getting my DS back, or possibly someone else's DS?

I don't have a problem with used equipment, but when I buy something new I hate to get warranty stuff done and end up getting what basically amounts to a used system back even if it's perfectly fine and looks new.

I bet that sure sounds stupid.

Oh and I looked in the settings, only thing I found was the calilbration screen (Which I did despite knowing it wouldn't do any good ).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Yeah same here. Wal-mart employes nothing but bastards and idiots, but Nintendo product support is the best in the business. They'll make it a fun experience, one you'll enjoy and remember. Don't stick with a defective product when it's no trouble to be fixed.

With my DS they just sent me a replacement and then i mailed mine back to them afterwards.

I'll stake my reputation and honor on the quality of Nintendo's customer care.