Thread: Most different from released prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Default Most different from released prototype

Ok I already started a similar thread but I am more curious as to the different prototypes that may exist. What prototype have you seen or own that differ the most from the released version. Then explain how its different.

The most changed proto I've ever seen is one of PowerPunch II with Don King and Mike Tyson.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would also say Robin Hood for NES (since one was by Hi-Tech, completely different and technically unreleased before the movie license kicked in) and MC Kids before Nintendo got their mitts into it....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Then there is the King Neptune's Adventure prototype which has a totally different musical score..the music sounds much darker, ick.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Alternate Version) (Atari 2600 VCS)

I have seen it sold on eBay for years. Complete different to the Retail game. Never see another Prototype which is complete different to the Retail Game.

The most different Prototype I own is a Taz (Atari 2600 VCS) Prototype, where the Titlescreen is missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TRM
    Then there is the King Neptune's Adventure prototype which has a totally different musical score..the music sounds much darker, ick.
    Yeah man i noticed that,corse you told me but it's much weirder indeed,evil almost.Also the Brad's Tale has some text differences and some screen colour difference in some parts but nothing major really.

Insert Coin (Level 0) van_halen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as I know, my proto of Flintstones 2 for NES. Changes everywhere, title screen is different, barney has his slingshot on his back instead of infront of him. Says "POW" when you hit enemies, stage layouts are very different in several places, many enemies look totally different and show up at wrong places, much of the dialogue is changed, many barrels are in total different locations, another soundtrack (I can see why they changed it) for the hockey and basketball arenas, completely different ending screens. Unlimited continues....well and much more...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by van_halen
    As far as I know, my proto of Flintstones 2 for NES. Changes everywhere, title screen is different, barney has his slingshot on his back instead of infront of him. Says "POW" when you hit enemies, stage layouts are very different in several places, many enemies look totally different and show up at wrong places, much of the dialogue is changed, many barrels are in total different locations, another soundtrack (I can see why they changed it) for the hockey and basketball arenas, completely different ending screens. Unlimited continues....well and much more...
    You sure you're not confusing this with the original Flintstones game? If not, helluva find!
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    You sure you're not confusing this with the original Flintstones game? If not, helluva find!
    Nope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    Nope.
    As TRM said, nope.
    This is Surprise at Dinosaur Peak, not Rescue of Dino and Hoppy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have some pictures of this and I thought I put them on my website, but I can't seem to find them now. Argh...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    I would also say Robin Hood for NES (since one was by Hi-Tech, completely different and technically unreleased before the movie license kicked in) and MC Kids before Nintendo got their mitts into it....
    Still waiting for the ROM of that...
    eBay Feedback / eBay Auctions

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of the more different games for the PS1 is Apocalyspe (with Bruce Willis). It stated off with two players on the screen at once then the final version ended with just a solo character.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoGC
    Still waiting for the ROM of that...
    I believe that Robin Hood might have been among his games but A MC Kids ROM was dumped and it had only slight difference and some things incomplete and that isn't the same as what he's talking about above, *I believe* that Nintendo got into mitts. That one with slight difference and some things incomplete could be one of his games for all I know so maybe you're mentioning that to the right person afterall if that's the one your waiting to play. There's one that he doesn't have that nobody here has seen, a MC Kids that was being referenced in light of this thread of Most different from released prototypes that the programmer would've enjoyed the final version to be comprised of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just for curiousity, are there any differences on your Legend of Zelda prototype?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

The Manaic Mansion proto for NES had everything in it that was in the original game, but then was later edited out for the final release. There are also some version of the final release where you can't microwave the hamster.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just for curiousity, are there any differences on your Legend of Zelda prototype?
    There are some differences in the data, but I can't find what it corresponds to. For the sake of argument, no, there's nothing different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

P.N.03 for the Cube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have some pictures of this and I thought I put them on my website, but I can't seem to find them now. Argh...
    Mmm you also haven't got the SEI Impossible Mission II pics up.