Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Default One Apartment Too Many Systems

So yeah I'm packing for the big move on Saturday, when I start to ferette out all my various consoles. When they were all neatly tucked away under desks, buried in trunks and stored in cabinets it really didn't look like much. They weren't imposing. But now that I have them all laid out on my parents dinning room table I realize that combined with what my boyfriend owns we're going to have to cram 30 fucking games systems into a one bedroom apartment. O.O

If they were duplicates the solution would be easy "Moving Sale!" but the majority of the stuff I have is different models. Like I have all three versions of the Genesis. I dunno does anyone have any suggestions for efficient storage tips? Or suggestions on what I should keep?

Consoles:
    Genesis 1
    Genesis 2
    Genesis 3
    PlayStation
    PSOne
    Debugging Station
    SNES 1
    SNES 2 (x2)
    N64
    NES
    Atari
    CDi
    Saturn
    PS2
    XboX (x2)
    Gamecube (x2)

Handheld:
    GameGear
    GameGear Majesco
    GBA White
    GBA Clear Blue
    SP Black
    SP NES
    DS Silver
    DS Black

Addons:
    Power Base Convertor
    Gameboy Player
    Sega CD model 2

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3 letters: C D X (as in leave the gennys and SCD and buy one)

Does anyone really need a CDI ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatescape
    3 letters: C D X

Does anyone really need a CDI ?
    It... umm... it has Dragon's Lair? >.>'

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CDi also has Joker's Wild, and Name that Tune.

Not the best games ever, but at least my fiance wil play those.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Idea...

That many game systems will fit into an entertainment center if you get the correct one. I picked one up (Sauder I think, flimsy but effective) for $150 on clearance once...the one I got was large and can hold over twenty systems if you put the smaller ones on the same shelf (e.g. a Dreamcast and a SNES). You have some duplicates so you could leave out the Playstation and PSOne (or look for a monitor for the PSOne then a battery, makes a large portable hanheld out of it). I don't think you need three Genesis systems attached, but you could do it. You'll need a couple switch boxes and a TV that supports RF and composite inputs (S-Video or component would be bonuses). Storing games with the systems on the entertainment center does not come off well if you have a ton of games unless you get one with a cabinet in it as well.

Or you could mod your Xbox grab a few emulators and box up a bunch of the old systems...this feels like cheating to me...

Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Well the most obvious answer would be to keep the smaller models. Genesis 1, Genesis 2, SNES 1, original Playstation, it's not like you'll never be able to get those again if you sell them!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

In the case of the Playstation, since the PS2 is backward-compatible, I'd get rid of the PSX.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Im in the same position you are I have all this game stuff I would like to keep but since the move 2 weeks ago 90% is sitting in storage in my apartment buildings basement. I really dont want to part with it but I might have to break down and sell it on ebay or something like that.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there anyway you can store some of those away? It seems you have many cases of 3 systems (or more) that can play the same game...3 Genesis models, 3 SNES consoles, a pair of Playstations plus a PS2, etc. Just keep one handy that can play each format and box up the others and put them away in storage somewhere, in a closet if you have room. If not, perhaps a parent or friend would be willing to let you keep the extras at their place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

How many square feet is the apartment? I housed 30 plus systems in a one bedroom apartment with my wife and we had no problems. I had them all hidden or in shelf systems so that way I wasn't tripping all over them.

Get the plastics tubs from target, walmart, whereever for the extra systems that are duplicates, store them in the closet. Get a rack system for the ones you want to hook up to the TV. It doesn't have to be huge to hold all the now duplicate systems.

If you have boxes for the systems, I hate to say it, see if you can store them at your parents if you have a really small apartment. If you ever need them , you know were to find them.

To put it into prospective I had a one bedroom apartment that was about 750 sq ft and I was able to house all my shit.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

my god, try ebay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by hbkprm
    my god, try ebay
    my god, not selling my shit, try going away

Ugh typed a long ass rely to the thread in general and then must have hit cancel instead of post. What a doofus.

Anyway the apartment is 834 sq. ft. with virtually no closet space. What we do have will be taken up by hung work clothes. Decided to ex the duplicates, my parents have an air conditioned storage unit so we'll house them there. Unless of course my dad decided to play them, he does have his own XboX at least.

Forgot the PS2 was backwards compatible so that takes care of the playstation. Will keep the debug station though just because it's so damn awesome, but I don't want to wear it out with everyday use.

Going with the smallest model where I can. Genny 3 sucks though because it doesn't hook up to a Sega CD which leaves me using two Genesis systems. The Model 2 because it matches the CD unit, which looks akward with the model 1. And the model 1 for cartrdge games because the model 2's picture quality sucks for anything but CDs.

Don't like the idea of plastic storage bins, I know they're handy but they just look so damn cheap. Hopefully with what I've weeded myself down to I can fit it all on the entertainment center we have already. It would be nice to buy a larger one but honestly with the new place we're on a tight budget and can't afford to replace the things we already have.

Booting the Atari, we never use it and I'm just not a retro gamer. Way too old for my blood. Give me NES and younger.

Thanks for those who posted with helpful suggestions. Which was everyone but the guy I quoted. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Goo, no closet space would negate the bins anyway. Good thing that your parents will let you store the extra stuff though.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, you need to keep your PS1 for Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Unless you have it for the Saturn. If you have MK Trilogy for the Saturn, then trash that piece of shit PS1. Otherwise...such an awesome game is worth keeping a PS1 for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Xizer
    No, you need to keep your PS1 for Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Unless you have it for the Saturn. If you have MK Trilogy for the Saturn, then trash that piece of shit PS1. Otherwise...such an awesome game is worth keeping a PS1 for.
    Umm... no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You need to get one of those coffee tables that have storage space inside them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    Yeah we were looking at one that had these storage baskets that pulled out. Thought it would rock for remotes and wireless controllers. (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    Yeah we were looking at one that had these storage baskets that pulled out. Thought it would rock for remotes and wireless controllers. (:
    My dad has this one that actually used to have an aquarium inside of it. It's TOTALLY full of space; the top has a hinge, and there are two side "port" doors/windows that open as well.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Umm... no.
    Umm... yes. MK Trilogy is one of the best fighters ever produced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Umm... no.
    Umm... yes. MK Trilogy is one of the best fighters ever produced.
    I just ment no all around. No, don't want it. No, don't have it. No, don't care about. And no, I won't reorganize my system setup around it.

Otherwise confused, does the game not play on a PS2 or something?