View Poll Results: Who'll win the console war 2006?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nintendo with the Nintendo Revolution

11 31.43%
  • Sony with the Playstation 3

17 48.57%
  • Microsoft with the X-Box 360

7 20.00%

Thread: Who will win the console war 2006?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who will win the console war 2006?

It's time once again. The time for the current gaming companies to attack each other and use all of there best abilities to eliminate the other franchises. It's time for the next console war! There are three companies (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) as we know. We'll be introduced to the Revolution, PS3, and 360. Now we all have a certain one that we'll follow behind through thick and thin but when it comes down to it who really is the leader? :/ Who do you think is the best? Who do you think has the better console? Overall though, Who do you think will win the console war '06? Makes you crazy just thinking about it eh?
    7 million years ago something was created...ten somethings. Ten living weapons that would end a 20 year war. Too bad that it made it last longer. -The Ten Wise Men- Coming soon....ok so in a couple years....well it doesn't matter when, I'm still making it!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Sony PS3

Unless the PS3 is going to be a total piece of crap, it will win. The PS2 is selling strong. The PS3 is supposedly going to be backwards compatable. None of that "best games only" BS. Sony has its fanbase waiting for its next console. The 360 looks nice, but it may split its fan base due to its different models and confusing can and can't model differences(core unit can go online, but cannot play Xbox games). Sorry 360, take one from Sega, people are waiting on you and going with Sony in the springtime. I probably will wait on both of them, but that is due to price. If I had the money, I would probably go with a PS3
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony has won and the "war" has not even started yet!

Don't worry I'm sure the 360 trade-in value will be at least $50 (with box and all accessories) when the PS3 hits.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Divine Atropos

Quote Originally Posted by Stark
    Sony has won and the "war" has not even started yet!
    Pretty much, heh. If PS3 goes Blu-Ray, forget it. Nothing will touch them. Even if they don't, then.. it'll be closer, but they'll still win.
    Come on, take a trip with me, across the bridge of lunacy...

Jed - The Fearless Leader of JedMart. Fighting the war against high prices, one sale at a time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to start anything here, but I'm a little sick of these types of posts. I think all three companies will do ok - some better than other of course. I truly don't give a damn who the 'so-called winner' is, as long as companies make systems and games.

end-of-line
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I seek strength, not to be greater than by brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ozyr's Odyssey2 Archive!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well even though I got a free xbox with pepsi promotion I have to say that the first coming title for xbox360 will totally NOT define/utalize the power of the console.

Let me just say this flat out, MS is gambling with the launch titles, they are only running at 30 frames per sec and that totally sux, *NOTE DOA4 will run at 60 fps.
    All the games are using only ONE out of THREE CPU cores.

Secondly, Paramount and Warner Brothers are supporting the BlurRay... its over for HD-DVD but I will say this, its not OVER for xbox360.

MS admitts that they are still selling xbox at a loss, the first xbox that is, how ever MS makes too much money to just give up.

Secondly, if MS thinks that SONY is scared and worried, man I totally feel sorry for them.
    2006 has Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy 12 on PS2, those are 2 blockbuster mult-imillion sellers and SONY isn't stupid enough to bring the PS3 before that.

Same as Nintendo, they don't give a shit about MS, they know millions will be get the new Zelda and incase some might pick up a gamecube too.

So MS can dance now with the BS that they will win, but COME PS3 and REV, MS will be the only looser in the console war.

Look at how well DS is selling, its beating PS2 in Japan, I think that REV is going to sell similar to DS.

ALSO I have read that some developers are scared of High Development cost of PS3.

WELL to me, Xbox360 is just graphics upgrade, if you understand CELL and you look at the REV, I can say yea I can smell some changes in gmeplay,
    PS3 is powerfull and that CELL has 7 SPEs, you know if you really want to make that work to your advantage, you can make so much real life feeling games, You can CODE the AI in a way that nothing is prerecorded.

Same REV, imagine playing RE game with the controller, at first I laughed at the controlelr and I thought that was the dumbest looking thing ever, but then I saw the Video and I was pretty impressed...

so the bottom line is that SONY and Nintendo are definitely thinking of advancing the gameplay, weither is power, better/ life like Artificial Intelligence or new ways to play games, you have to see wat you want and then get it....

By the way, did anyone notice how many shooters are in teh launch lineup of xbox360 ?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no "war" this time around. As far as Joe Average is concerned, the fanboys are firmly entrenched by now and nothing will budge them. For the most part, "Xbox people" will buy the "new Xbox" and "PS2 people" will buy the "new PS2". The Revolution will appeal to nearly no-one. The Cube doesn't appeal to Joe Average, so why will the Revolution be any different? It will be deemed "kiddie Nintendo" right out of the gate, fair or not. Very few Joe Averages are going to buy more than one of these expensive consoles at launch. They'll stick with what they know, backwards compatability be damned.

The only way that people might deviate from this is if some of them become bored or disenchanted with the 360. Sony may have spaced themselves far enough away from the 360 launch that they might capitalize on jaded or disappointed 360 owners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Nintendo will win. But only because I plan on buying a Revolution and I can't see anybody else wanting to do anything different. I'm autistic that way.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They will all fail miserably. I think that Acclaim will come back stronger than ever, and release a new console that will crush the competition!

(*resume mindless fanboyism / complaints about mindless fanboyism*)
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

The Dreamcast will overcome all!!! x_x
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pft, it's SNKP's Neo Geo2 that'll win

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really hate to say it being a Sega fan,but Sony's PS3 will win.
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Strawberry (Level 2) bobdrywalls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would bet money on PS3.
    "If I'm not back in ten minutes...Call the police!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

What? There's no Channel F 360 on the list?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be buying a PS3, and maybe a revolution once the prices are announced. So, I'm going with PS3. Realistically, its WAY too early to tell, but thats my best guess. Remember guys, its what you think will win, now what you want to win.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SEEEEEGAAAA!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think we really should specify what region of the world...

Japan, will DEFINETLY be nintendo! I'm willing to bet my boxed SMB Game and Watch on that.

UK/Europe... not too sure, I've heard ALOT of people going for the Xbox360, but I also heard alot that plan to wait... so I would have to say X360/Ps3

US? Not too sure, but again, I'm leaning more towards the PS3.

All this is quite sad, as I feel the Revolution will be a failure in most of the world, like most of the consoles that were released way before their time (Virtua Boy anyone?).

Michele
    p.s. yes, I am a fan on Nintendo..... :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spinal
    Japan, will DEFINETLY be nintendo! I'm willing to bet my boxed SMB Game and Watch on that.
    I'd take you up on that bet like a shot. Nintendo will do better in Japan than anywhere else, but they'll still be playing second-fiddle to Sony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

I think it's to early to judge. Wait till PS3, and revolution come out before we deem king of the hill.