This was the first Castlevania game I've played, and I enjoyed almost every minute I spent playing. I never realized how this game defined it's own genre. If I had to put a name to it, I'd say mix the platforming and exploration of the Metroid series with the wonton bloodlust and rare items of Diablo and you'd have a pretty accurate description. But anyone who's played the game could tell you the same thing ><

Anywho, the story for me goes as follows:

**SPOILER ALERT**

I played through most of the castle, made my way to Richter and assumed that was the end of it all. I reloaded the game and saw the taunting "84% complete" so I figured I'd go back through and get 100%. Luckily, I felt I r0x0rd enough to go through the whole castle, no problem.

I knew 100% meant going through that corridor of spikes on the left side of the Cathedral. However, for some reason I never explored the catacombs to get the Spike Buster Armor required to go through that hallway. I managed, somehow, to squirm my way over to the door as a bat, use a healing potion, and walk through the blue door with my half second of invincibility. I got the silver and gold ring, got the holy glasses from Maria, and defeated Shaft controlling Richter. As I teleported to the next area, I thought to myself "well sweet a little upsidedown room where I'll fight the real boss. Nope. The entire castle again, but upsidedown. I was blown away. Never before have I gone from feeling like a complete badass to absolute humility. It was awesome! I'm sure it came from the fact that I didn't go the "correct" way through the 1st castle so the whole 2nd castle felt like a big secret for those who could figure out the crazy spike/door puzzle thing.

Has anyone else experienced the feeling of going from complete awesomeness to the horrible empty void of being at the bottom again in any other game?

**END SPOILER ALERT**

If you have the means, go buy this game right now and don't let anyone tell you about anything in it!