Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why are people saying the GameCube is dying?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Joker T
    I don't think I have touched my Gamecube for a while. The big issue is that Multiplatform games are half assed and the fact that many Nintendo games are really not that good. There are the Nintendo gems that many of us love but I personaly don't really want to play another Mario Party or Mario sports game for a long time. The system just does not appeal to alot of people. I like the system alot I wish I played it more than I do. Another big problem for me is the prices on GC games. Mario Kart: Double Dash is still $50 in many stores. Super Smash Bros. is $30. Stores don't have near as many gamecube games as Xbox or PS2. At my Blockbuster there is one small row for GCN that's it. I love Resident Evil 4, Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine,etc. but they need a bit more. The system is far from dead. Alot of people are loyal to the Gamecube I hope that we will get some killer games in the next year for the purple lunchbox
    Yeah i haven't touched mine in a while either. In fact i haven't used it in so long it almost got disconntected to make room for my 360.

I mean the GC has some great games, but honestly there hasn't been much for it since august. I think the last game i played was the Sonic Gems collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

There is no way that the Gamecube is "dying" this early. The only reason why people are saying it is "dead" is because they never gave it a chance and all of their freinds never did either.

Gamecube is not "dead".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree that the GC is not "dead" but like has been stated MANY times the Gamecube is on life support and will be until Zelda is released, and that sucks IMO ive always thought the GC was and IS a great system but very few others were ever interested in Nintendos little system that could all except avid gamers and hardcore Nintendophiles (wich I do consider myself if just for my luv of Metroid and the Zelda series).

The only 3rd party developer/publisher I see supporting the GC with most (not all) of its titles on a still regular basis is EA with Ubisoft slacking of greatly and joining the many publishers doing the PS/Xbox/Xbox360 multiports much more than they do with the Gamecube.

Hell I wouldnt be surprised if for a while we see many multiports for ONLY PS2/Xbox360 throught the next year and after the release of the PS3 and Revolution the only current gen I see getting multiports of some next-gen games will be the Playstation2.

I know that Nintendo has made statements like "the new Zelda will be released for Gamecube" but I still have a few doubts although my faith in the big N will return somewhat if they stay true to their word and not port it over to the Revolution.
    Im thinking that it will be marketed in a way with labels on it and in advertising pushing the fact that it will be "COMPATIBLE WITH REVOLUTION" or something simiiar.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    There is no way that the Gamecube is "dying" this early. The only reason why people are saying it is "dead" is because they never gave it a chance and all of their freinds never did either.

Gamecube is not "dead".
    Dead no. Dying YES! Your stance that the only reason people are saying it's dead are because they never gave it a chance is very short sighted. The system was poorly marketed since day one and Nintendo dropped the ball several times during it's life cycle. Just take a look at the 2003 E3 press conference. The system was never given a chance by most because it never really did much to warrent one.

You need to open your eyes to the possibility that the system is in the final days of it's life.

Really there has been nothing exclusive to the GC worth buying since august and there really isn't much in the pipe until April. There's nothing wrong with having hope, but sometimes you have to accept the facts.

But why should anyone not expect it to be dying anyways? After all the console cycle is coming to an end and the horse in last place is always the first to suffer.

Regardless this is a debate that was better off dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Really there has been nothing exclusive to the GC worth buying since august and there really isn't much in the pipe until April.
    The other problem is that the exclusive games that have been released lately seem to be rather lackluster:

Mario Superstar Baseball
    Battalion Wars
    Geist

All games I looked forward to, but were disappointed in one way or another.

However, the new Fire Emblem (Path of Radiance) is very much worth buying. What little I have played of it is rather enjoyable, and I plan to jump back soon, after I finish COD2 on my 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Quote Originally Posted by Slate

Gamecube is not "dead".
    Dead no. Dying YES! Your stance that the only reason people are saying it's dead are because they never gave it a chance is very short sighted. The system was poorly marketed since day one and Nintendo dropped the ball several times during it's life cycle. Just take a look at the 2003 E3 press conference. The system was never given a chance by most because it never really did much to warrent one.

You need to open your eyes to the possibility that the system is in the final days of it's life.

Really there has been nothing exclusive to the GC worth buying since august and there really isn't much in the pipe until April. There's nothing wrong with having hope, but sometimes you have to accept the facts.

But why should anyone not expect it to be dying anyways? After all the console cycle is coming to an end and the horse in last place is always the first to suffer.

Regardless this is a debate that was better off dead.
    Understood.