Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Beggar Prince - new Sega Genesis RPG: now shipping!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm 100% in. Recently kicked back into my genny collecting after a slump, and would like to pick this one up, especially at the nice price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Yeah...no offense but what is going on with this title? I am really looking foward to it! Is the release date set in stone yet...or just speculative?

-Ken (DrWily008)

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well, we haven't exactly been sleeping over @ Super Fighter Team - in fact, just the opposite! Beggar Prince has been a lot of work, boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, but at long last that work is ... FINISHED.

Hey, hey! We've done a real solid number on it, too - high quality plastic casing, color instruction manual, the whole nine yards. And believe it or not, it wasn't an easy thing... but it sure as heck was a load of fun, nevertheless.

We're taking orders now. The game will ship in Spring, 2006. I hope this is acceptable for everyone. The going price is a bargain at USD$40.00 each (many new game releases for Intellivision and Colecovision go for MORE than this!), and we've setup several easy and quick payment methods. We're going through PayPal to accept payments in US dollars, Euro and / or Pounds sterling depending on your location, and are also accepting money orders so long as they are in US dollars.

The Sega Genesis-Megadrive riseth again with this energetic new release - and with your dedication and support, we will look into new and future ways to excite and entertain you.

www.beggarprince.com
    ^^^ Visit now to order your copy!

Thanks for your patience, everyone. It's appreciated. I can understand how it may have irked some of you to have to wait for this - but believe me, every delay was solely for your benefit, as I personally pledge not to release a product until its absolute highest level of quality is reached. With Beggar Prince, you can rest comfortably that every detail has been nailed down, polished and examined under a microscope.

Best wishes for a spectacular 2006!
    Cruise by Diskman Presents : filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

This game looks freaking amazing, and I'd like to see a Taiwanese game translated.

Me like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet! I'll be getting my order in real soon.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paypal has been sent!
    looking forward to playing this game! i'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!

Thanks for the heads up!

Rick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been excited about this game since I first read about it here but to be honest, I'm a bit concerned about paying for something via PayPal when the item won't ship out until after the PayPal money back guarantee has expired. Bells go off in my head when I think about it but I'll probably take the chance. Just out of curiosity, what's the delay in shipping it if it's already done? Spring is from March 20 till June 21.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How many copies are going to be produced? Do you have a set number in mind or will it depend on these pre-orders. Just trying to figure out if I can wait til spring to order one as opposed to having my money float in proverbial limbo.

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    I'm a bit concerned about paying for something via PayPal when the item won't ship out until after the PayPal money back guarantee has expired. Bells go off in my head when I think about it
    I'm a businessman, but a gentleman first. If someone orders a copy of Beggar Prince but ends up not wanting to wait for the shipping date, I'll refund their money regardless of PayPal's guarantees. Same goes for money order payments.

Just out of curiosity, what's the delay in shipping it if it's already done? Spring is from March 20 till June 21.
    The game is complete and production is complete, but there are still a few good reasons for a shipping delay. I'm glad you asked:

* We receive the product from the factory without case screws. This means we are putting new case screws into each cartridge ourselves. Fun stuff, let me tell you, and certainly time-consuming.

* Despite our best efforts at protecting the game cartridge against piracy attempts, we would prefer to have an acceptable amount of orders on hand before beginning to ship the games. If piracy of Beggar Prince occurs, likely the amount of orders will decrease as people decide to rip us off by downloading a ROM copy rather than buying the complete game.

Quote Originally Posted by drewbrim
    How many copies are going to be produced? Do you have a set number in mind or will it depend on these pre-orders. Just trying to figure out if I can wait til spring to order one as opposed to having my money float in proverbial limbo.
    The first production run is 600 copies. However, as more and more of these become bulk ordered from Europe, a second production run may be considered. This option does depend on the amount of pre-orders received, yes.

We don't intend for this to be one of those "get it now because we're only making 30 of them" sort of releases, and you won't see me auctioning off a "rare unproduced label variant" copy of Beggar Prince on eBay in a year. On the other hand, we don't intend to produce a boatload of copies then run the risk of not selling through all of them.

Beggar Prince was actually a rather expensive cartridge to produce, coupled with the massive instruction manual and clamshell case. At $40 a pop, we're not exactly going to be able to buy new cars with the end profits, but that's not so much the point anyhow. We'll do our best to get every customer a copy, but of course it is recommended to pre-order if you definitely want one. That's the safest bet.
    Cruise by Diskman Presents : filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, we're doing our part to help spread the word: http://www.vggen.com/news/news.php?id=188

You know, we do have a Retro section in the works...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WIth an initial run of 600 copies at $40 apiece, and after taking off manufacturing costs etc, I can't see how you would end up getting much above minimum wage for the amount of work that would have to go into a project of this kind.

$40 for this thing sounds a bargain to me - if I hadn't quit collecting, I would be placing a bulk order right now.

However I am confident that there will be plenty of people who will fill my shoes in that respect

Good luck, hope it sells well, is a pleasurable game to many, and gives you at least adequate recompense for your efforts!

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Duly ordered You never know, this might actually be the first RPG I've played to completion since about 1998...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Quote Originally Posted by exit
    I remember this project, the guy went on the Whirlpool mesage board a few months ago advertising it. He baisacly called the entire translation scene a bunch of punk teenage pirates and at the same time tried to get the same people he insulted to take interest.

I give this whole project a big meh.
    Link?

Someone said something similar on another website as well, so I thought i'd find out more.

NTL, I bought my copy right away I always said I would fund something like this if it ever happened...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

New Genny game, new DC game... where's the Saturn love? With Saturn's 2D power, if someone would just make and release a classic platformer, I'd be all over it.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't belive I'm actually wanting to buy an RPG! lol (completely out of character for me) Awesome work! I know that had to be a serious pain to get done. You've done a mighty fine deed for the retro gaming community... my hat's off to you. I hope we see more new releases for older systems. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will it be available via gamefly?!

I can dream, can't I?

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Preordered last night. (:

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been excited about this game since I first read about it here but to be honest, I'm a bit concerned about paying for something via PayPal when the item won't ship out until after the PayPal money back guarantee has expired. Bells go off in my head when I think about it but I'll probably take the chance. Just out of curiosity, what's the delay in shipping it if it's already done? Spring is from March 20 till June 21.

I had the same thoughts, but placed my order anyway.
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Beggar Prince - new Sega Genesis RPG: latest news!

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Hello, everyone.

Brandon Cobb here, president of Super Fighter Team. We are the company responcible for the production of Beggar Prince, the new Sega Genesis RPG. I wanted to stop by the good ol' Digital Press forum and announce that Super Fighter Team will now be handling the publishing of the game, and all orders will be accepted through our website just as soon as the game is 100% ready for release. This change in plans is not going to hurt the actual product at all, as all production arrangements were made through me, using my own personal business contacts which are completely unrelated to OlderGames. What you can unfortunately expect however is a slight delay before we begin taking orders, but rest assured the end product will be well worth the wait.

Beggar Prince will retail at $40.00 per copy. Each copy will consist of a high-quality color instruction manual and a professionally produced cartridge (NTSC & PAL compatible) enclosed within a plastic clam-shell case complete with color insert.

At Super Fighter Team, we are 100% dedicated to quality. The first Sega Genesis game to be professionally released in years, Beggar Prince will have the same shine & shimmer of a big-budget Genesis title. I believe our asking price of $40.00 to be a fair one, especially considering what all will come with the game along with the fact that Genesis cartridges / cases / boxes are difficult and costly to have produced BRAND NEW (which ours will be) these days.

I would like to personally thank everyone here for being supportive throughout the waiting period, and an extra special thanks to everyone at the CGE2K5 who played Beggar Prince and shared their thoughts about it with me. We'll do our best to amaze you with this release. That, I promise you.

Never let dreams die!
    Great a new game is it lunar style or real time like Oasis?

Why didn't you put it on cd to keep costs down and better sound?
    VF & SF The Originals!

KOF & Tekken The Clones!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just ordered a copy!