Thread: Official Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance thread

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Official Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance thread

It comes out tomorrow (according to Gamestop's website). Anybody getting it? What's it like?

I sure plan on getting it but I have a long list of DS games to get first...

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It WILL be mine, but... not tomorrow. :( I don't know when I'll finally be able to get it, but I've been excited about it for a long time. American Fire Emblem fans don't really get the significance of it, I think. All they've played so far are two rehashed GBA Fire Emblem titles and they have no clue about the series in Japan, but this is finally a brand new, state-of-the-art, home console Fire Emblem - something Japan has had since around what, 1995? Of course, there was the third Super Famicom Fire Emblem, but that was in 2000, long after the SFC was more or less dead and the N64 was king. It's definitely was one of the most beautiful SFC games ever made, but it wasn't up-to-date with the times. Nintendo promised a Fire Emblem 64, but ultimately, the project never made it (which I personally find even more unfortunate than the cancellation of Mother 3). I have a feeling that this new GameCube title could be based on the work of the N64 title, but they never got far into it anyway.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would definitely buy it if I owned a GameCube. Hehe.
    Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Usually the release date for a game is Wednesday right? So if this was in stores tomorrow (other than Wal*Mart, who always screw up and put shit out too soon) I'd be shocked. I'd be looking for it later in the week though.
    Web: www.OHHLA.com, www.RapReviews.com, www.AngryMarks.com
    Forums: www.AngryMarks.com/forums
    Turunga Leela on Info-tari: "Go consummate yourself!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I'm one of the people that is new to the Fire Emblem series as I've only played Sacred Stones. I loved that game so I'm going to get this one.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So did anyone pick this up? I did, but I haven't played it yet. I got it through the Gamerush deal - trade-in any two PS2, XBX or GCN games and get pre-order game for $29.99 less trade-in value of 2 games. I won't be playing it until I have some extra free time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just when I'm feeling pretty good about nailing down the Ogre series, I realize I don't know a damn thing about the Fire Emblem games. Sorry to be a noob on this, but could somebody go over the Fire Emblem lineage from Japan and relate how that translates to the 3 games we have here in the US? I'm guessing Fire Emblem for GBA was a port of an older game, was it a straight port of a SFC title? Do they have numbers is Japan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FE for the GBA is not a port of any past Fire Emblem, it's just the first one to get a release outside of Japan. in Japan it's number 7...

And Sacred Stones I believe is 8.

The first two were on the Famicom, 3, 4, & 5 on the Super Famicom, and 6 was the first GBA Fire Emblem, which sadly did not get a U.S. release.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    It WILL be mine, but... not tomorrow.

Pretty much sums me up. This is definitely a must buy in my eyes.

American Fire Emblem fans don't really get the significance of it, I think. All they've played so far are two rehashed GBA Fire Emblem titles and they have no clue about the series in Japan,

Is that a fact? Then how is it I own and beaten all the Super Famicom games? :P

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xexyz
    The first two were on the Famicom, 3, 4, & 5 on the Super Famicom, and 6 was the first GBA Fire Emblem, which sadly did not get a U.S. release.
    Yep, but for further clarification, the first Super Famicom title, Monshou no Nazo, contains two parts, and the first part is a remake of the very first Fire Emblem on Famicom. The second part is a brand new direct sequel to that game. And just in case anyone is confused, the second Famicom Fire Emblem is a "gaiden", not a direct sequel (but I believe it does star some of the minor characters from the original).

Is that a fact? Then how is it I own and beaten all the Super Famicom games?
    Well, of course, I don't mean EVERY single American fan. :P If I did, I'd being saying that about myself as well. I'm talking about the typical Joe Shmoe who picked up Fire Emblem on GBA because "OMGZ! its what marth and roy r from!!1!"

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Well, of course, I don't mean EVERY single American fan. :P If I did, I'd being saying that about myself as well. I'm talking about the typical Joe Shmoe who picked up Fire Emblem on GBA because "OMGZ! its what marth and roy r from!!1!"
    You know, I see this kind of shit around these boards all the time and it's completely uncalled for. I'm an average Joe Schmoe and what you just said does nothing but label you as an idiot. I have no idea what the hell it means, and I picked up Fire Emblem because I enjoy strat RPG's and know this is supposed to be a damn fine one. Not because I have an uncontrollable moronic tendancy to use acronyms followed by the letter 'z' and a horrible disfigurement that doesn't allow me to hold the shift key long enough to express a string of exclamation points.

I can only imagine how some people must feel when they show up and this is the kind of crap they see, and when they realize they have no idea who Marth and Roy are (as I don't) they might just stay away and find their info elsewhere. Luckily I'm not some people, but it's a shame that people would be turned away by such amazing stupidity.

So as far as I can tell, all I need to enjoy a Fire Emblem game is a copy of the game (whichever it may be) and the time to play it. So does my lack of knowledge of the series across the ocean make me incapable of enjoying the franchise stateside?

Can you get off your horse?

(Sorry for the threadjack, but this shit annoys the hell out of me.)

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Uh... yeah... o_O I wasn't intending to offend anyone nor was I trying to put myself higher than others. My original point was that American fans who didn't know of the series existence until Super Smash Bros. Melee or the US GBA Fire Emblem aren't going to get the significance of this new release (at least, those who still don't know anything about the series outside of the US releases). To them it's just another Fire Emblem, except this time it's on GameCube. That's not a bad thing; I'm just pointing out why this is an especially big deal to me personally. It's the first home console Fire Emblem using current technology in about a decade.

By the way, the quote is just a joke. :/ I'm making fun of the dumb kids who bought Fire Emblem after becoming obsessed with Roy and Marth from Smash Bros. only to end up whining and complaining because those characters weren't in the game. Even if the joke is lost on those who don't get it, I really can't imagine anyone getting scared off of the board by it. O_o