Thread: Anyone play Time Crisis 2/3 on the PS 2 with 2 guns

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone play Time Crisis 2/3 on the PS 2 with 2 guns

I remember reading a review somewhere a while back that if you had 2 guns available you could play the Time Crisis games on the PS 2 with both your guns even on 1 player mode. Is this a fact? And has anyone tried it? I would like to know if it is more enjoyable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I think all the PS2 versions support it. I seem to recall playing TC2 this way, but quickly gave up because of one glaring issue: how am I supposed to press the crouch/reload button when both of my hands are busy wielding the guns???

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

reload pedals of course!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have time crisis 2 and gave it a try a while back(used my guncon 2 along with an old psx guncon 1)...

I don't have any reload pedals, but you can change the options as to how you want to reload. From what I recall you can set it to either press the two gun buttons at once (which is just rediculously impossible), or shoot both guns off the screen to duck..

With the latter it can be done, but to be honest it was so frustrating it just wasn't worth it . I mean you need rediculously fast reflexes to be able to avoid getting shot (I find it hard enough with a single button in normal mode).. so I kept getting owned very quickly. I don't wan't to even imagine how hard it would be fighting the bosses when you have to rapidly duck to avoid their attacks..

While it was fun for about 5 minutes, its really not practical unless you have a reload pedal .. but on that I wonder if you can just use one or you need two hooked up??

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have Time Crisis 2 and two GunCom 2's. Yes, it is a fact that you can dual wield on it, and IMO, yes, it is more fun, though harder all at the same time. I found out my left hand is horrible.
    For the reload feature, without the reload pedal isn't too bad. You hold down both buttons on the controllers, and release them to reload (or the other way around, i can't remember right now). To me, it just adds something to the game, especially if you don't have a partner to play with you. Double the guns = Double the fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I lieu of doing split screen when I play with my friends, we choose to each take one of the guns in double gun mode. It works fairly well, and is much better than each playing on 1/4 of the TV, split screen. I've done this on TC2, but I don't think it's an option on TC3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I just remembered something. If you're using a USB GunCon2, and you also have a controller plugged into the corresponding controller port, can't you use any button on that controller to reload? How about the d-pad? This sounds like an excellent job for the down arrow on a DDR pad. Heh.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Depending on you humans set your reload options, you can reload both guns with the thumb button. Of course, this prevents you from shooting with the non-empty gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Endgame could also be played with 2 guns, but you had to unlock it by beating it. Even if both players control the ducking, it still worked out pretty well. I think all gun games are more fun with 2 players.