Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanna play Xbox 360? Head over to Wal-mart!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it has a real cheap feel
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Re: scouting report

Kameo was the only game I played before I walked away in disgust.

I can't see how they can dare call this a next gen game, it looks JUST like a current gen game. I could see no difference, graphic wise, in playing this and playing the latest Jak game.

*Just my opinion, if you like it then enjoy it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

googlefest1: I feel bad for you, cause that's the final controller. Personally, I think that controller is awesome. I just wish I could hold the whole thing in my hands without it being connected to that thing. It's definitely on the smaller side, so for people with really big hands, it might suck to a degree. I actually have pretty large hands and I found it very comfortable. I love the feel of it.

As for your take on Kameo, you must really hate Microsoft or something, cause that game is game of the freaking year material. More jaggies than XBOX games? Are you crazy? The AA hasn't even been implemented yet, so there won't be any jaggies in the final version, and right now there aren't that many jaggies in it. You have to look for them. Alot of it is the LCD HDTV too. Playing it from that distance isn't the distance that people play games. As for it not being mind blowing....Well, it doesn't totally blow you away, but the details all over that game are stunning to me. No freaking way they could do all those things on XBOX 1. Not with those textures. Did you see the textures on the back of the thing that rolls up into a ball ala Metroid Prime? Those textures are freaking ridiculous. If they tried to put that game on the XBOX, it would be so ridiculously watered down that it wouldn't resemble it much at all.

Cmosfm: You walked away from Kameo in disgust? You've got to be kidding me. You walked away from the game of the year for 2005 in disgust?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default have to disagree.

Anthony, people can have an opposite opinion of you and not be wrong, that is why it is called an opinion. Opinions are not right or wrong, they are just opinions. Dont take it personal. You can like the 360, that for sure is obvious. You think the 360 is great. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, just like people who dont like the 360 are entitled to have their opinion. It is not worth getting upset or finger pointing on who is right and who is wrong. Having an opinion either way on what you think about a game or system does not make you wrong. The only thing that is wrong is getting upset with someone who has a different opinion.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    googlefest1: I feel bad for you, cause that's the final controller. Personally, I think that controller is awesome. I just wish I could hold the whole thing in my hands without it being connected to that thing. It's definitely on the smaller side, so for people with really big hands, it might suck to a degree. I actually have pretty large hands and I found it very comfortable. I love the feel of it.

As for your take on Kameo, you must really hate Microsoft or something, cause that game is game of the freaking year material. More jaggies than XBOX games? Are you crazy? The AA hasn't even been implemented yet, so there won't be any jaggies in the final version, and right now there aren't that many jaggies in it. You have to look for them. Alot of it is the LCD HDTV too. Playing it from that distance isn't the distance that people play games. As for it not being mind blowing....Well, it doesn't totally blow you away, but the details all over that game are stunning to me. No freaking way they could do all those things on XBOX 1. Not with those textures. Did you see the textures on the back of the thing that rolls up into a ball ala Metroid Prime? Those textures are freaking ridiculous. If they tried to put that game on the XBOX, it would be so ridiculously watered down that it wouldn't resemble it much at all.

Cmosfm: You walked away from Kameo in disgust? You've got to be kidding me. You walked away from the game of the year for 2005 in disgust?

no sir - i was saying that with an unbiased opinion my favorite curent gen system is the xbox and out of all the curent gen systems it has gotten the most play - i know the specs of the system and ive spent many hours looking at xbox games so i have a good idea of what i think the xbox can handle.

while playing kameo - i compared it to sudeki, kakuto chojin and a few others that i consider to look real nice on the xbox -- and yes i thought that the aliasing looked worse than other xbox games i have played -- i read and remebered your comments about the AA not being implemented yet - but i was not baseing my opinon on your comments, they were based on my observations and i wasnt prepared to boast a comment about something not being implemented with out any proof. It also seems im not alone in some of my observations.

you aparently took my comments to be anti microsoft - they weren't - in fairness to me i dont think you took in all of what i wrote - instead i think you were blinded when you hit a point where you strongly disagreed with me and focused on that alone.

re-reading what i said didnt resemble in any way anti xbox 360 to me.

leo_ames - i know the controlers are in production - that doesnt mean that the kiosks have the final version -- Microsoft could have made many pre- production models and to save some money they used them in the kiosks
    which is what im hopeing (which is something the company i work for does). As soon as the system is available in the retail market i will take a closer look.

but my worry is they decided to cut some corners this time on the controlers. I regard the xbox 1 controlers to be high quality

Oh i have a question about the controler -- is the controler suposed to be gray? the one on the kiosk that i played was white - mabey it was unpainted and thats why it felt the way it did in my hands. oh yea it was also very light - not like a current gen xbox controler.
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    No Wal-Mart should have them running right now.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6136388.html

Issues with them to say the least. Mine didn't even get them yet.
    Hell. I've got a 2.4GHz router in my house...hope this doesn't cause a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yes, I walked away from Kameo in disgust that they were passing this off as a new next gen game when it looks just like a current gen game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: have to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    Anthony, people can have an opposite opinion of you and not be wrong, that is why it is called an opinion. Opinions are not right or wrong, they are just opinions. Dont take it personal. You can like the 360, that for sure is obvious. You think the 360 is great. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, just like people who dont like the 360 are entitled to have their opinion. It is not worth getting upset or finger pointing on who is right and who is wrong. Having an opinion either way on what you think about a game or system does not make you wrong. The only thing that is wrong is getting upset with someone who has a different opinion.

I'm not taking it personal. I just have a very hard time understanding how somebody could play Kameo for any length of time and walk away dissapointed. That's like somebody playing Super Mario 64 before the N64 came out, and saying that they thought it sucked. I guess anybody can have that opinion, but opinions can be....shall we say... misguided?

Certainly, my opinion isn't solid Gold, and I don't expect people to agree with my take on everything. But it's my personal opinion that if you spend any legitimate time with Kameo and you come away thinking it sucks, then you must absolutely hate 3D action/adventure platform type games. It's the only way I could explain somebody thinking that Super Mario 64 sucked back in 1996.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist

I'm not taking it personal. I just have a very hard time understanding how somebody could play Kameo for any length of time and walk away dissapointed. That's like somebody playing Super Mario 64 before the N64 came out, and saying that they thought it sucked. I guess anybody can have that opinion, but opinions can be....shall we say... misguided?

Certainly, my opinion isn't solid Gold, and I don't expect people to agree with my take on everything. But it's my personal opinion that if you spend any legitimate time with Kameo and you come away thinking it sucks, then you must absolutely hate 3D action/adventure platform type games. It's the only way I could explain somebody thinking that Super Mario 64 sucked back in 1996.
    I said I was dissapointed in the graphics, not the gameplay, for all I know it may be a great game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, if you believe The Inquirer (hint: don't trust them TOO much), you've got 6x the power available in the 360 as what these games are tapping. Yeah, I know the story's been around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's an Xbox 360 just down the elevator here from my work. I've played it every lunch period for the past couple of days. I aint all that impressed so far.

As people say, it shouldn't be called the Xbox 360. It should be called the Xbox 1.5 and I agree

That being said, I'll take one.

"I'll take an Xbox 1.5 to go please"

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

EB at my mall got their kiosk in, we got ours delivered today.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if Microsoft figured that these demos would be impressive, they figured wrong. Before the kiosk died, checked out COD2 and Kameo .. it's kind of disconcerting. There are nice details here and there, but there are a lot of rough spots as well, making it look sort of between generations. Here's hoping the launch titles greatly exceed this rabble, or I think a lot of people will just wait till Halo 3.

I hate Halo, so I'll probably wait until I can pick up a used one for $50. I only kept my Xbox for about 2 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the midst of another eventful Friday evening I go to Wal Mart and head over to the 360 display. I walk over to the controller tilt my head back 45 degrees to see a blank screen. Excuse me I say to the clerk and ask why is this not working. Well the 2.4ghz frequency was messing up some of our equipment and it isnt working sorry. My night i ruined.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius
    In the midst of another eventful Friday evening I go to Wal Mart and head over to the 360 display. I walk over to the controller tilt my head back 45 degrees to see a blank screen. Excuse me I say to the clerk and ask why is this not working. Well the 2.4ghz frequency was messing up some of our equipment and it isnt working sorry. My night i ruined.

That sucks. Keep searching my friend. Maybe a Best Buy or GameStop has it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well you guys have to look at it from Microsoft's point of view as well. The system isnt even out yet! Do you remember when the PS2 came out? The graphics weren't too great, Midnight Club was terrible, but still sold over a million to get a Greatest Hits label.

Give it some time, The Xbox and PS2 are at their peak of graphics meanwhile the 360 is evolving and has yet to reach out to us.

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I saw a brand new pink Ferrari the other day. I didn't like the color and that damn wing is too high...it must suck!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't believe people are saying Kameo (or any of the other games) don't "look" next-gen. Much of the graphical effects in Kameo (as well as the AI and other programming things) aren't even possible on current systems. The current Xbox couldn't look that good, period.

That said, I was floored when I checked this out at Best Buy this week. My expectations were very high, and they were still exceeded.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

. That's like somebody playing Super Mario 64 before the N64 came out, and saying that they thought it sucked. I guess anybody can have that opinion, but opinions can be....shall we say... misguided?

umm...heh....count me in as that guy who doesn't like Mario 64 all that much. I don't find it to be half as fun as the 2D marios. Same with Zelda. I don't consider that to be a very misguided opinion at all, since I'm making it from a solid foundation of experience, ya know?

It was the graphics, camera and single analog control that got me. The games also felt very, very sparse to me.

Like all gens though, the graphics got tighter as they went along. Kinda strange how everyone forgets that launch game graphics are usually a bit under par compared to the rest of the gen. I mean....just look at a launch PS2 game and then look at Soul Calibur 3. It looks like 2 different systems.

Anyway, Kameo blew my mind. Sure, everything was nice and shiny, but it's the gameplay that got me. It's like Sonic, Beyond Good and Evil, Mario, Conker and Metroid had a baby together.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the demo titles look a bit better than Xbox1 stuff, but current PC games are more impressive (with decent hardware of course) .. it's all a matter of what you're used to. It's certainly not any kind of massive leap like SNES to N64...