Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanna play Xbox 360? Head over to Wal-mart!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Walmart RF problems... :)

My Walmart had a video playing (I think through the 360), but it was not interactive. I was disappointed a bit (I'm still gonna' buy it though). The games did look superior to any console games, but I was still seeing to many polygons in Call of Duty 2, and some of the faces in Kameo. I also believe that these games are consistent with developement. The hardware can do better but the developers have to gradually scale up their production abilities to use it.

The HD was sweet,; the colors astounded me. I think this is due to some additional hardware tricks. Call of Duty 2 will probably look identical on the PC which is consistent for developers who program for multiple platforms. They fail to utilize some of the consoles hardware abilities when they do this. It looked like a great game, but it won't sell systems. Project Gotham Racing had some awesome graphics, though some of the textures on the cars were too smooth and shiny.

Kameo was surely the only game the kiosk showed off of value...

Good enough for me....I liked how the headset plugs into the controller...

Trebuken

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Played Call of Duty 2 a bit today, I thought it looked pretty amazing myself. Can't wait to see a few games that would interest me more in action.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wal-Mart sucks. GameStop has 360 units that work, though.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i played the 360 yesterday at walmart.i played kameo and call of duty 2.kameo was actually better than i thought.sure it didn't look amazing,but it still looked good and man,it was pretty fun.a good solid adventure game.call of duty 2 was alright too,but i have never been a fan of the series.

i might get kameo,seeing as i won't be playing need for speed much with my 360.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess that this is the danger of expecting too much. You set yourself up for failure. I'm heading over to Walmart today, I'll check out the 360 and find out what one of my fave developers (Rare) has been up to lately.

I'm not expecting to be "OH MY GOD" blown away by the 360. I'm not expecting that the gains made over a few short years will be dumbfounding enough to put anyone at a loss for words. We've lived with 128 bit for a long time. If it's equally as good as my awesome Xbox, which it obviously will be, I'll be satisfied. It's up to the software developers to make the hardware look good, not necessarily the other way around. You all know that by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Xbox360 version

PC version

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm saving up all my money for a PC now. I am prepared to pay $1500 for a decent rig, and I have absolutely no need for another current-gen console. I have all three from this generation, and the 360 isn't really impressing me at all. I am a very jaded man. Watching the Call of Duty 2 video I got on my demo disc was just like watching a friggin' PC game that could have been released 4 months ago. The only good thing that will come out of this damned system will be the eventual price drop on all Xbox-related merchandise. It's going to be the first PS1 of the year ahead, and the prices will reflect that, so I'm more than willing to shell out $10 for a really good console-exclusive game from last year. Whatever happened to consoles having a shelf life of 5 years or more? NES, Genesis, SNES... hell, a lot of the stuff that was laid to rest in North America years ago is still being manufactured across the globe. And now, four years seems to be the cutoff time. Sorry guys, I'd rather have to go through all the system requirements with Oblivion and get it working beautifully on my reserved 3.4ghz Pentium 4 than play it on a rushed, inadequate console. Microsoft jumped the gun; hopefully it'll shoot em in the ass.
    I'm back on the collecting bandwagon after a long long hiatus

Digital Press feedback

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I watched some guy playing King Kong and Kameo yesterday in EB on the display rig.

My question to everyone in the store: "I wonder if it looks this good if you don't own an HDTV?"

The store manager who usually talks to me got pissed and then ignored me until I was ready for him to ring me up...
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

[quote="josekortez"]I watched some guy playing King Kong and Kameo yesterday in EB on the display rig.

My question to everyone in the store: "I wonder if it looks this good if you don't own an HDTV?"

The store manager who usually talks to me got pissed and then ignored me until I was ready for him to ring me up...[/
    quote]

Now thats entertinment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Played it, liked it. Did it blow me away? no. But its better than anything I got at home with out blowing 2G's on my PC. I mean it really is what I expected for a demo unit. Improved graphics, new controler ( I liked). I did not plan on getting one at launch anyway.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, retsudo. I pride myself on my ability to create chaos in public forums.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez
    Thanks, retsudo. I pride myself on my ability to create chaos in public forums.
    I just got a kick out of your EB story. I also love to mess with the people at EB. I love to see them get bent out of shape.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

I played it at Gamestop and the controller is too small

or maybe my hands are too big x_x

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It might have been controversial, but I think they should have just stuck with the existing Xbox controllers. They're solid, there are plenty to chose from, and they're not lacking any necessary features.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1
    Oh i have a question about the controler -- is the controler suposed to be gray? the one on the kiosk that i played was white - mabey it was unpainted and thats why it felt the way it did in my hands. oh yea it was also very light - not like a current gen xbox controler.
    I played the XBOX 360 tonight at Best Buy and the controller was white too. In fact, I thought I saw sape controllers already in stock on the floor, and they were white too. This begs the question: Due to the color and texture of the controller, I see them getting disgustingly dirty after hours of use. You think if they were going to make it white, they at least use a smooth plastic like with the Dreamcast, and not that texture that is going to trap people's hand cheese.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

My wal-mart FINALLY got the xbox 360 in. I got to play the Call of Duty 2 game for a little bit on there, and wow. I don't know if its the lcd tv or the auctual graphics of the system but I was amazed. It really does look awesome.

I would definately buy one but I'm going to wait until the price goes down a good bit.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played it. The controller was too small and the graphics didn't impress me at all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to say, the graphics of the machine are impressive. (played on an LCD screen)

I played Call of Duty and Kameo, and watched the demo of PGR3.

Kameo looks really awesome, and I wouldn't be surprised if it plays as it looks. This will be my first game for the console when I'll buy it in February or March.

The controller is very comfortable. I'm 6'1" and certainly don't have exactly dwarf hands, the controller isn't too small as others complained; actually it fits my hands better than the Xbox controller and feels more comfortable.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They have it at some target stores also. I did not get to play it as some little kids were hogging it up the whole time. You know the kind that don't have a system at home and go to the store just to play the samples.
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was certianly impressed the most (graphically) by Call of Duty 2. I saw some explosions that left huge smoke clouds, and I was like wow, those smoke clouds look 100% real. Never seen such realistic smoke in a game before.

I thought King Kong looked like a pretty lame game, and it looked a bit choppy to me for some reason. Kameo looks like it may be a really fun title.