Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please lock this, I am going to post another thread in here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please lock this, I am going to post another thread in here

I've got my first negitive on E-Bay in over 6 years . The stupid bidder assumed that the beanie baby that I was selling had the Ty tag on it, which the description nor the pictures did not show one.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...d=godsey1&iid=

My descriptions always say to e-mail any questions, and this new user did not ask any questions. I did not advertise nor hint that there may be a tag.

I have asked E-Bay to remove the neg, and if they don't, I'll got somewhere else to sell stuff. That's the good thing about the internet, there is more than one place to sell stuff (like here on DP).

My rant is over now,
    Tony

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know how you feel man, when i got my 1 negative i was royally pissed Particularly since the guy left it in retaliation of me giving him neutral feedback I wish ebay would have done something about it
    ---------------------------
    View collection, stuff for trade and some feedback here
    http://gametz.com/user/veln.html
    Also here is my ebay feedback
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS
    lastly here is my feedback page here
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...highlight=veln

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have a rating of 457 and you are upset about 1 negative?
    People take this eBay thing way too serious...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You got a negative?

Welcome to the club - you join the ranks of such miserable failures as myself, who has TWO negatives out my 1075 feedback. Both of which where falsely given to me.

I'll save you some anxiety though. Ebay will not remove your negative (unless it contains obscenities), so don't raise your hopes too much there.

So yeah, it's unfortunate - but if you're going to quit using eBay over that, then I'm afraid you're just a fool. Calm down a bit and then decide.

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, I have to cool down a bit. I just take a lot of pride in keeping my feedback perfect, but I knew it would happen sooner or later. I just dislike people that assume about auctions, and don't e-mail any questions.
    Tony

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First I must say its pretty impressive to be on Ebay for 6 years without getting a negative or neutral feedback.
    Altho it sux to break the 100% postive it wont affect your buying/selling. You will some day meet a crazy buyer anyway. Hell, I even seen a buyer leaving neutral feedback because he/she found the game that he/she bought was boring haha x_x

I remember when I got my first and only negative. Seller gave it only 2 days after the auction ended. I didnt see that he didnt accept Paypal so I tried to find another way to pay. This made him nervous he said so he just left negative feedback
    This did bother me alittle, but not much. I can still buy and sell as if I had 100% positive feedback so it had no damage.

You can try to contact Ebay, but as mentioned above I dont think they will remove it. Another thing you can do if you really want to get the feedback removed is to give a full refund to the seller (I see it was only $3) and ask nicely for her to remove it. Might work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yok-dfa
    You have a rating of 457 and you are upset about 1 negative?
    People take this eBay thing way too serious...
    Maybe yeah,but you can understand how fucked up it is when it's not your fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As with all the items that I sell here and E-Bay, I am willing to work with my buyers, even if it means giving a refund, or replacing the item.

I have a request in to have it removed, but I know that it will not happen.

I had a feeling that I was going to have a problem with this seller. I sent their invoice with the total ($3.00 winning bid + $4.85 priority shipping) $7.85. Then a few minutes later I get an e-mail from them that said: "my exact address is (address removed to protect the guilty) Thank you for figuring exact s/h" .

Tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey Butt

Yeah, I agree that it sucks but why leave the best online auction site over one negitave. Ok so maybe eBay isn't the best online auction site, but it is the most well known. So the audience is so huge, even the most obscure item gets viewed, and I wouldn't give that up over one negitive.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by godsey1
    As with all the items that I sell here and E-Bay, I am willing to work with my buyers, even if it means giving a refund, or replacing the item.

I had a feeling that I was going to have a problem with this seller. I sent their invoice with the total ($3.00 winning bid + $4.85 priority shipping) $7.85. Then a few minutes later I get an e-mail from them that said: "my exact address is (address removed to protect the guilty) Thank you for figuring exact s/h" .

Tony
    Don't worry about it dude, I've got two negatives, one from selling a SNES system to a nutcase who tried to scam me, and one from a deadbeat bidder retaliation. I'm sure I'll get more, I sell NES games quite often, and I get whining from people who can't get their games to work, when I clean and test all my games on a NES system with a loose connector. Its mostly newbies who think you can stick a game in a connector that you can fit your thumb in and get it to work first time.

Don't worry about the S & H either, time is money, and you were more than fair, many "power sellers" charge 4.99 - 5.50 for media mail, and they dont even test or clean their crap. Just make sure leave your response to it so they don't have the last word when people look at your feedback.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Neg them back then offer to mutually withdraw both negs

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most people will get negatives eventually as there's just no pleasing everybody. I have two negatives in about 5+ years of using eBay. I also do regular businesses with sellers I trust and most of those have at least a few negatives. If you have 1 or 2 negatives in 500+ or even 1000+ ratings, people are smart enough to realize you are a trustworthy person to deal with.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    First I must say its pretty impressive to be on Ebay for 6 years without getting a negative or neutral feedback.
    Hey man - 8 years here and 100% all the way with no negatives or neutrals. Obviously, I deserve a cookie
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've thought about it while at work today, and it would be crazy to stop useing E-Bay because of this. Thanks for the words of encouragement,
    Tony

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ClubNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Hey man - 8 years here and 100% all the way with no negatives or neutrals. Obviously, I deserve a cookie
    Wow, thats pretty good I dont have a cookie, but heres some lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by godsey1

Tony
    So to add insult to injury, they negged you over a $3 item? What a turd of a buyer. It always seems the most insignificant transactions are the most troublesome on eBay.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got my neg over a auction where the buyer more or less tried to black mail me into giving the item to the free.I have no problem giving refunds or working with buyers but I wont give into threats..so I have my one neg and 700 positives.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrldstrman
    I got my neg over a auction where the buyer more or less tried to black mail me into giving the item to the free.I have no problem giving refunds or working with buyers but I wont give into threats..so I have my one neg and 700 positives.
    Been there. 700 positives, and one negative...from an extortionist. He is no longer a registered user, but im still stuck with the neg. You get used to it after a while though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The buyer got in touch with me, and wants to work it out,

Once again please except my apologizes and if there is any way to remove the neg I reported I would be happy to assist perhaps forwarding my messages to you would help. As for the neg you gave me I guess I earned it for my carelessness. Again sincere apologies for causing you pain.
    My response:
    Hi once again. I have had time to think about this, and I'm sorry also. You have to communicate with each other about if you're happy or not.

Look through my feedback and you'll notice that I treat everyone the right way. I have had a very few problems here on E-Bay, but the buyers have always contacted me, and I have made it right with them.

It will help you in the future, if you have a problem with the item you buy, get in contact with the seller and see if they will work with you first.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to make it a lot easier for you here on E-Bay

As for the Negitive that we now have, we can do the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal, and get them taken off. Please let me know if that is what you want to do. Thanks again,
    Tony
    I just hope that I help them to become a better E-Bay member, and communicate with their seller from now on,

Tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow...just over a $3.00 item...thats sad.

I am 450 positive feedback and still going strong for now anyways.

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!