Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bio Force Ape

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Heh, so just because someone dont want to dump a game he/shes a "butter-slathered hands of a greedy, beady-eyed, hoarding fattie"?
    More often than not.

I'm sure if someone got right down to it and did a statistical analysis, at least 2 out of 4 of the above mentioned characteristics would be present at least 9944/100% of the time.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paulB812
    Hey guys I played a little more with the game today and discovered a new move! You hold the punch button, hold down and release and the ape unleashes a super move. It's so powerful it messes up the game's graphics.

Paul
    I must say Paul, that pic is absolutely phenomenal! Could that be the said "Biological Force" in action?
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree that no one should be pressured into dumping roms if they don't want to. All the people screaming greed should just take their sour grapes elseware. If I had that Proto I'd probably not dump it. I'm not a fan of emulation at all and don't think I should support it by dumping even more roms out there. I know, I know, not endorsing emulation means I'm greedy, so be it then. To anyone with a rare game taht hasn't been dumped, do what pleases YOU with YOUR things, and screw the jealous.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo
    I agree that no one should be pressured into dumping roms if they don't want to. All the people screaming greed should just take their sour grapes elseware. If I had that Proto I'd probably not dump it. I'm not a fan of emulation at all and don't think I should support it by dumping even more roms out there. I know, I know, not endorsing emulation means I'm greedy, so be it then. To anyone with a rare game taht hasn't been dumped, do what pleases YOU with YOUR things, and screw the jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I enjoy eating a certain cut of pig meat, and therefore am a greed monger. You sir are ridiculous.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoy eating a certain cut of pig meat, and therefore am a greed monger. You sir are ridiculous.
    As much as I love to discuss the ingestion of swine and the inevitable correlation of butter to hardcore game collectors, we owe it to the thread originator to stay on topic and discuss Bio Force Ape.

Paul, I noticed the ape looks a bit...different in a couple of the photos. If you get another pic as you progress further into the game I would love to see if the ape continues to look like an ape or if it completes its morph into an angry Lou Gossett Jr.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    Yes, I have spent money on protos in the past knowing full well that the most I would own is a ROM of the proto. I'll gladly do it again if it means saving a one-of-a-kind treasure from the butter-slathered hands of a greedy, beady-eyed, hoarding fattie.
    It's people like you who give classic gaming a bad name. How is Paul ever going to make his investment back with a prototype that becomes a worthless piece of garbage after everyone can play it? Emulation cheapens the experience for real gamers. What's the use in having it if everyone can play? It's the same principle that applies to gargantuan jungle gyms and Power Wheels.

Nobody should ever be told what to do with the legitimate investments they make in black market intellectual property. If the people behind the games wanted them to be ruined by emulation I have a feeling they'd always be getting in contact with you and enthusiastically participating in articles, providing you with games, etc. Real gamers support the industry by buying the original prototype.

You should be grateful to all the collectors who condescend to share and help preserve information on these finds. The process of name dropping the titles they have acquired plus maybe a couple blurry screenshots is more of a contribution to the community than you pirating thieves could ever hope to make. Bother them enough with your alternate opinions and this amazing gravy train of information could grind to a halt.

You guys are just pirates who want something for free. We have a word for your kind. Communists.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Gee, who pissed in your corn flakes today?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    I'm sorry, but your attitude says a whole lot more. This thread isn't a discussion about whether or not people should or shouldn't dump roms of protos. And your posts appear to me to be borderline harassment.

Li Wang, the same thing goes for you. Please stick to the topic at hand.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Anyone with old NP issues can scan the article or preview they did on this game?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys I played a little more with the game today and discovered a new move! You hold the punch button, hold down and release and the ape unleashes a super move. It's so powerful it messes up the game's graphics.

Paul
    Oh Lord, this game just gets better and better. I wonder if Seta canceled it after realizing that Nintendo would never allow this sort of thing.

I'll echo adaml in wanting to see more cinema shots. Considering how the ape changed from his original roaring appearance to the rescue scene, he may well look like Bea Arthur by the end of the game.

Question for the proto hounds here. Is it generally thought that Bio Force Ape was developed in Japan? I assume it was on account of the Japanese preview, and I don't even know if Seta had any American programmers. Then again, I've never seen the game's credits.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, BFA was developed in Japan. Its original working name was Crack Buster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Anyone with old NP issues can scan the article or preview they did on this game?
    Right here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Check Kid Fenris' link on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Wang
    It's people like you who give classic gaming a bad name. How is Paul ever going to make his investment back with a prototype that becomes a worthless piece of garbage after everyone can play it?
    Nobody is asking him to dump it for free. The normal course of action in these cases is that someone (or a group) pay the going rate for an unreleased game such as this and then have it dumped once it is in their possession.
    Emulation cheapens the experience for real gamers. What's the use in having it if everyone can play? It's the same principle that applies to gargantuan jungle gyms and Power Wheels.
    You cannot see the forest through the trees. The point of emulation is not to play it on PC, period. The point is that once it's dumped it is:

A)preserved for posterity, and
    B)available to play on real machines via a repro

Nobody should ever be told what to do with the legitimate investments they make in black market intellectual property. If the people behind the games wanted them to be ruined by emulation I have a feeling they'd always be getting in contact with you and enthusiastically participating in articles, providing you with games, etc. Real gamers support the industry by buying the original prototype.
    You are, again, making invalid assumptions. "ruined by emulation"??? And how would buying this game from the owner support the "industry"?

You should be grateful to all the collectors who condescend to share and help preserve information on these finds.
    Having this game dumped and released would be doing exactly that.
    The process of name dropping the titles they have acquired plus maybe a couple blurry screenshots is more of a contribution to the community than you pirating thieves could ever hope to make.
    Actually some of the posters in this thread have paid a lot of money to purchase and release unreleased protos to the community. That is a much greater contribution than "name dropping" and "blurry screenshots" as you put it.

What's wrong with you man? Assuming the owner is justly compensated for his proto, how could not releasing it ever be more beneficial to the "community" than having it released???
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that's a pretty nifty looking game.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On that pic with the gfx is fucked up, is he farting? lol
    It looks like hes holding for his nose and his ass explodes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Such a move has been rumored to exist for years, but until now we had no proof it existed. I say it should be called the "Six Ways Corrupted" move, unless somebody comes up with a better name...which shouldn't be too hard.

Actually, suddenly I realize that "Forest Wind, Mountain Fires" isn't too bad a name after all!

I had a good chuckle at this.

As for those claiming a dump would destroy the game's value...is there really any evidence that people are creating fake prototypes (outside of the Atari scene, and those are almost always labeled as repros anyway) and trying to get rich off them? I haven't seen it. If the game sufficiently catches somebody's fancy, they'll pay big bucks for it.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

my favorite part of this thread was when dr. morbis argued against the sarcastic post

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    I've had this for a few months...
    What?!?! I find this highly amusing. Despite the fact that this is possibly the only copy in existance of a highly sought-after unreleased game on a highly collected-for console, you were just minding your own business playing this game for months on end Were you aware that it was unreleased whilst doing all this Bio Force gaming?
    Considering all he did was just come here wanting to talk about it and he's got all these people trying to tell him what to do with his game now, I can compeletly see why someone would sit on the fact they found an unreleases NES game. This scenerio seems to play out every time someone finds an NES game.

Frankly, if I ever found an undumped NES proto, none of you would ever know about it because I wouldn't want to deal with all this bullshit.

That said...nice find. Very interesting. Enjoy your game, you lucky bastard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Of course. Its an investment + its cool to have something that no one else have. I'd like to see you throw hundres of dollars out the window for free
    It wasn't an investment. He found it and spent three freaking dollars for it at a tag sale.

Personally I find it kind of funny how the vultures have swooped down and are circling this post. .

I he's a collector I suggest that he keep it and enjoy the fact that he owns a rare and unique item. But if he DOES decide to sell it, make sure you get a pretty penny for it because you know damn well than anyone who buys it from you is going to look to profit themselves off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Wang
    It's people like you who give classic gaming a bad name. How is Paul ever going to make his investment back with a prototype that becomes a worthless piece of garbage after everyone can play it? Emulation cheapens the experience for real gamers.
    I feel your pain dude, hose NWC and Stadium Events carts are practically worthless now that the roms been dumped.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My second favorite part of this thread is when griking seriously responded to the sarcastic post. It wasn't as funny as dr. morbis though.