Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bio Force Ape

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    My second favorite part of this thread is when griking seriously responded to the sarcastic post. It wasn't as funny as dr. morbis though.
    I'm sorry Frank but you know that the threat of ROMUNISM is very real around here.

Also I want more Bio Force Ape images

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

You know what's funny? Just a couple months ago I was reading that preview in Nintendo Power, and I just naturally assumed that the game had come out. It's a shame that it didn't since it doesn't look half bad. Gives me a Werewolf kinda feel.

As for this ROM dumping business, I'm absolutely NOT into emulation. I prefer the true experience, and I always encourage people to go out and buy the real deal because even if a game is out of print, the company owns the intellectual property and you never know what they may do with it in the future. However, this situation is very different. This is what I believe is the true purpose of emulation - to preserve a piece of software that could easily be lost in the sands of time. Up until now, none of us had any idea if anyone would ever get to experience Bio Force Ape outside of a few screenshots. While I fully support Paul in whatever decision he makes with the cartridge, I do hope that eventually, one way or another, the ROM gets dumped just so the game is never lost again.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My favorite part was the ape punching so hard that it ripped the very fabric of the game and revealed the 1s and 0s that it's made out of.

oh and the people arguing over it as if it were theirs.

If I had it, I'd sell it in a heartbeat to someone who could dump it(and take good care of it).....being a poor ass college student and a believer in the conservation and experience of the truly odd, abstract corners of gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

W--O--W!!!! Dude you just made it to the top on best finds ever if you ask me.Sweet pics also,congrats!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

my favorite part of this thread was when dr. morbis argued against the sarcastic post
    My favorite part of this thread is when Dr. Morbis realizes there isn't a Santa Claus.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those are the most awesome screenshots I have ever seen in my life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by paulB812
    My favorite part of this thread is when Dr. Morbis realizes there isn't a Santa Claus.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...2/de44798f.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...2/b585dbeb.jpg
    Okay, now you're just pulling our collective legs. There's NO way that can be real! :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man, that is hilarious.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can't wait to dump this ROM and make it worthless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is officially the greatest thread I have ever seen here.

More screens, please.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paulB812
    my favorite part of this thread was when dr. morbis argued against the sarcastic post

You've got to be #$#%ing kidding me....hahahahahaha.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fenris

More screens, please.
    Also, more appearances by The RedEye. I gotta FEver...and the only prescription is more ruined investments!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fenris

More screens, please.
    Also, more appearances by The RedEye. I gotta FEver...and the only prescription is more ruined investments!
    I'LL RUIN YOUR INVESTMENT.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default RE:

I could go into a whole philosophical debate about why so many people here are wrong but just let me start by saying this.

You know, they don't have to dump it if they don't want to, but seriously, does it even matter if you have something that nobody else has in a materialistic sense? Does that mean they should love you more because you're keeping it to yourself? I mean, for the love of God, it does NOT make you Mother Teresa to own the damn thing so stop acting like you are special. People should be judged moreso by the things that they do rather than the crap they own. Do they actually think it matters when they tell people they have this elite proto? Does it still mean they're going to be loved? NO! They're not changing people's attitudes about them when they possess these things, and if they do manage to do so with gullible idiots they will be hated even more by the wise because the whole idea is about power. I do NOT know WHERE they draw from in their mind that this makes them important to actually own it, or why it makes them so much more inclined to have it and not share it at all. It just promotes selfishness, and it's not like it's going anywhere. But again, they shouldn't be forced, that is just something THEY should think about.

2) No one should have to dump it for free, I suggest asking for a price before even going through with doing that.

3) If you have a problem with emulation, that's your problem, you dinosaur. Should we be concerned about ripping and sharing old out-of-print non-reissued vinyls simply because the copyrights are still on them? The masters may have even been destroyed and the recordings forgotten, as with alot of old games, plus in the gaming industry often times the ones that get re-released are just the popular games. You know, when new games become more complicated people obviously want to pay LESS for older, shorter games anyway so it has to do with the philosophy of technology evolving and often they don't update them enough to be worth spending 30-40 on. Saying people should only play the original is like forcing an atavism (throwback in evolution/technology) on people. Why can't you demand the same for 8-tracks or other formats? Because alot of people don't and SHOULDN'T have to be bothered with obsolete crap, this is the modern world. HELLO? Maybe people are just insecure about adapting to something more up to date and convenient like going from CD -> MP3. Seriously, emulators aren't really much more complicated than f***in' MP3 players. (NOTE: I do not condone the downloading of newer games...)

And alot of unreleased games would otherwise be forgotten by the developers anyway.

And stop whining about your dumb collectables. Start finding something better and more worthwile to store up in your damn room.

Protos may lose their value, but that doesn't make them uncollectable. I mean NWC carts could still be valuable either way, even if they are dumped. Maybe not as much, but it doesnt matter. So boohoo.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

good lord.

Look, folks, there's nothing that can be said in the "dumping versus not dumping" debate that hasn't already been said. It's advantageous to both sides to just shut the hell up about the whole thing and let people do what they want. If you want to make a difference for your cause, arguing your point on a message forum for videogame collectors is pretty much the opposite of helpful.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That has got to be the most ridiculous exchange of dialogue I've ever seen. Never in my life did I think I'd see a gorilla smite a butter monster with his fist of communism, and yet, here we are. Good god, I want to play this game so bad.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh My God..... I don't even have words for that last set of screenshots......

Anyone have any ideas on how this game came to end up in a stack of commons? I think that is the most interesting thing about this game.... (well, asside from the butter monster)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love this thread.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How sure are we that this didn't get released? I found a store selling it for $4.00...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce
    How sure are we that this didn't get released? I found a store selling it for $4.00...
    Could we have some screenshots? I'd love to see if the Butter Monster evolved/devolved in a different beta version.

Crazy Butter Monster.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)