0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

ooops a little typo there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw the thread last night, went to the local KB this morning. They had been practically wiped out except for a bunch of sports games. But at the very bottom of the pile, likely hidden by some kid, was a Mario Kart Double Dash for $10. Yay! I'd been waiting forever for this one to drop, but this was even better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up!

I was able to snag a copy of Fire Emblem for Gameboy Advance for 10 bucks. Nice!

I was looking for a copy of Mario Party 5 but no dice on that one. Oh well, I had been looking for a copy of Fire Emblem for ages.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy
    Well my fiance just called me at work from Brookfield Square Mall and they must have put more games out since yesterday. She's picking me up a copy of Resident Evil: Code Veronica for the PS2!!! Yippee!!!!
    Aha!

I'm sorry for not recognizing you by forum name by the way, like I said - I'm awfully bad at that

How many new games did the Brookfield place unearth? I know for a fact that RE:CV definitely wasn't one of them, and I need to know if I should plan on heading back there
    Well my fiance said they had more than the few sports titles that you had stated. The only thing to pick up in my opinion was the Resident Evil: Code Veronica. She did say there were quite a few more games, though.
    My Game Collection, Doubles Are For Sale: http://www.rfgeneration.com. User name is Shaggy. I will entertain any other reasonable offer.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    But yes, we should get together at some point. What college do you work at, by the way? If you or anyone from the area is going to Pinball Expo too, (or wants to carpool ) I'll be there also
    I looked at your pics, and I'll recognize you in case of a future run-in.

I taught at MTI and Marquette, but now I'm at the University of Kansas but reside in Milwaukee. I'm not teaching for the last two years (thank goodness) because I'm involved in a longer running research project about Western European Party systems (thank goodness well-funded).

Unfortunately, I'm not intersetd in Pinball machines although I enjoyed looking at them at the Midwest Gaming Classic last year. Where is the Pinball Expo, btw?

Sorry, I thought the Brookfield store was horrible, and when I ran into other collectors at Southridge, I told them to avoid it. I don't know when you got there, but I showed up around 6:00ish and it had about 20 games total, mostly sports games, mostly missing their DVD inserts, and almost all for $10.00. The only thing there that I found to be a 'find' at all was THUG Remix for PSP, which I skipped since I have no PSP. I did get Crash: Wrath of the Cortex. Of course, there was about 10 copies at Southridge of that.

Southridge was REALLY well stocked on PS2 games. Since I don't own a PS2, I didn't pay too much attention to that.
    I had the best finds in Brookfield, but I was there pretty early.

Just in case I went to Southridge yesterday (Saturday) later in the afternoon, but it was pretty much cleaned out. Still lots of games there, but nothing I wanted or already had. I picked up a Black and Bruised for the GC for $5, and Extreme Go-Kart Racing for the PS1 for $2.50.

I just love these sales...for $2 I pick up every game thrown at me. Even a Catwoman which I got at Best Buy for $1.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter
    And funny you should mention Philosoma …just picked up a nice complete spare last week…by all means, send me a tradelist!
    I certainly will send you a tradelist although I don't have much to offer. I don't have a lot of spares but some stuff you might be interested in.

Shmups for the PS1...I crave them and need them.

Strawberry (Level 2) [-Sentinel-]'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only have 1 thing to say: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WANT A STORE LIKE THOSE HERE IN BRAZIL!

Or someone kind enough to grab them and resell for the same price.
    PSN ID: rodolfocm
    3DS FC: 1375-7284-4033

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

:/

Most of the games in the bargain bin were not marked down, but rather open copies/returned copies of games like Kingdom Hearts, DK King of Swing and Ultimate Spider-Man. The rest were overprice pieces of crap. Most of them marked $19.99 and up. Too few orange sticker games and barely any $1, $5 or $10 games. I did pick up Madden NFL 2005 for the DS for $10, new. I guess that's kind of a good deal, even though its an outdated sports game. I will have to try a few other stores as well.

Does this sale apply to all KayBee stores, including KB Toy Works and KB Outlets?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masco73
    Quote Originally Posted by filmbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Masco73
    Quote Originally Posted by AFGiant
    I just hit up the one in Colonie Center in Albany, NY. Thanks for the heads up DP guys!

GBA:
    Banjo-Kazooie Grunty's Revenge - everything but box - $5

Gamecube:
    Dead to Rights - everything but box insert - $5
    Bionicle - sealed - $5

PS2:
    Mojo! - CIB - $5

Xbox:
    Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - CIB - $5

There were a TON of used CIB GBA games but most were priced from $12.99 to $14.99. There are still some ps2 and xbox games left for $5. Depending on what their selling price is on the 'bay, or if my friends want them, I may go back.
    I guess it was only a matter of time until I had some local competition . I am glad you found some stuff at colonie because I was there yesterday and nothing really grabbed me. I only got a few e-reader packs and a couple copies of Quake 3 for dreamcast. I scored a lot more at Crossgates KB.
    Were you the one that picked up 40+ games at Crossgates Thursday morning? If you did, thanks for leaving me Pinball HoF and Mech Assault
    Just what I need, even more local competition . Yes It was me. Hey I worked for those games. They had put them in a stupid wire bid on the floor and I had to dig through it for about a half hour to get them. I could barely reach the games on the bottom, it gave me a sore back.

How did you find out?? Did you ask the cashier or something?? She was very helpful.
    The cashier was talking to a woman in front of me about it...and yes, she was very nice. Yeah, I don't think they needed to have that bin placed so low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, my luck was pretty thin on this sale. I did find some PC games marked down pretty cheap

Dead Man's Hand 7.99
    Sudden Strike Anthology 9.99
    Deus Ex Invisible War 9.99
    Commandos 3 9.99