Thread: Auction not shipped promised method?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default Auction not shipped promised method?

Okay, so here's the situation: I bought a small lot on eBay (a Game Gear, plug, and 5 games), and the auction stated that it would be shipped Priority Mail for $10. Today it arrives over a week and a half after my PayPal eCheck cleared, and it was sent parcel post for just a little over $6 in a generic box that was probably reused from something. Now generally I'm happy to pay the shipping costs of auctions I decide to bid on, even if I'm aware that the shipping price is a rip-off; however, I expect to get what the auction promises.

If I was extremely pleased with the auction, I'd probably just forget about it, but the stuff arrived quite worn out and dirty (the seller didn't even bother to wipe the thick layer of dust off of the screen) and smelling heavily of smoke (second auction in a row I've had where the stuff reeked of smoke, which is odd because I've never gotten stuff like this before). Also, it wasn't an especially great deal. The auction wouldn't have even sold had I not bid 10 bucks higher than the second highest bidder's max in order to meet the reserve. So given these circumstances, I'm not so inclined to let the shipping matter slide, as the principle of it is bugging me.

I don't care much to get a refund of the shipping difference (although I would take it if offered :P ), but I'm wondering if you guys think it's worth sending a message to the seller to just ask what is up with it not being sent priority mail. Or perhaps I should mention it in my feedback? The seller still hasn't left feedback, so hopefully I wouldn't piss him off and get a neutral or negative in return, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

So what would you guys do? Have you been in similar situations?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Links people links....

But anyways, I see absolutely nothing wrong with emailing the seller to let him know that you're unsatisfied with the transaction. Why wouldn't you? The reason I ask for the auction link (other than the fact that it just makes sense to provide) is that I'd like to see what his past feedback looks like to see if he has a history of doing this or not. If he's a reasonable long time seller then I'd think that he'd at least offer to refund part of the shipping.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8223641975

He's a relatively new eBay user, half the feedback that I have (and I don't even have that much), but he's got a perfect record so far.

Well, one of the reasons I'm asking before contacting the seller is that maybe I'm just being too nitpicky. :P I'm curious if others would just let it slide or not.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$20 is a GREAT deal on that stuff, i would have bid in a heartbeat.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At 3.00 a game its 15.00 and the deal included shining force. Dusty I can deal with smoke Just needs to air out. Cracked and broken that would be a problem. You got a good deal mint like new would be a steal. on a scale of 1-10 it would be a 7.5-8.0.

It could be worse He could have been bid shiilling. Pick and choose the right fight. In the picture you can see dust in the speaker vent. So he wasn't hiding it.

You want to sell shining force i'll give you your 4.00 lost dollars +3.00. Just kidding enjoy the games.
    neo geo system

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied with the price and the stuff. I knew what I was getting into, so I wasn't expecting minty stuff. The condition of the Game Gear and the games are a little worse than I was hoping, but after a good clean-up, everything should be fine. As for the price, Game Gear stuff is REALLY cheap, so despite the low price, it still isn't much better than what other lots would go for (maybe a little more even, but I wanted to find a lot that included Shining Force). In fact, before I won this auction, I was bidding on an even better lot that had 8 games (a few of which were complete including Shining Force) and the stuff looked cleaner, and that auction ended at around $15 but the reserve price was way too high (I bidded a fair amount more than $15 on it, but I never met the reserve).

Really, I'd be okay with everything if the seller had just stated it would be parcel post.

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.Faxanadu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since he's a newbie I would just tell him what he did was wrong and leave it at that. It looks like you got a great deal anyway. If you give him a NEG he may do the same and the whole thing could get messy. Who knows maybe he'll offer a small refund.
    Check out HitpointZ.com to see all my items for sale!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

I am thinking the reason he didn't send it Priority is because it was more than 10 dollars. I've had to do this before because I didn't charge enough shipping so I had to ship it parcel.

But give him an e-mail and just ask... if you really want to, or if you are completely satisfied then just don't worry about it.