Thread: "Nintendogs BARK MODE" (Future rarity?)

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "Nintendogs BARK MODE" (Future rarity?)

Today at work, the Nintendo representive came by my work and gave us a special edition DS game, called "Nintendogs BARK MODE". It's not really a real game, just has one purpose...to collect a max amount of how many people collected their free gift (One per dog on your game) I think it's part of some weekend promotion?

So I'm looking at this DS game...and I'm pretty sure this "beta" like game will become something as wanted like the "NOT FOR RESALE" demo carts of many GBA/DS games in the past.

Sadly, the Nintendo representive claimed she wanted it back at a certain time...

Edit* I thought this was a GameStop exclusive? Yet I see GameCrazy is getting into the fun...
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73131

check out my thread.

BTW can you answer my question? I've heard that only one person can get the virtual gift, possibly due to a bug or something.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's due to the DS itself....I tried it at work to see what it does....it's smart enough to know that one person is using the DS and it's saved under his/her name...
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

seeing as how nintendo is advertising this download, and wanting to get tons of people in the door to get the free virtual gift, i highly doubt that only one person gets it. i haven't done it myself yet, but this thing has been available at the nintendo world store in new york for weeks now, and i've never heard that complaint before...

as for the future rarity of this card... at any given time, there's a couple different DS demos that can be placed in kiosks. my understanding from nintendo reps is that this updated "bark mode" nintendogs demo is just another one of the current possibilities for kiosks... so in other words, it's just another demo card.

i really wouldn't think that it'll be any more or less rare (in numbers) than the some of the other demos, but seeing as how it does have the exclusive download, actual demand might be somewhat higher. however, demand for ds demo cards hasn't really been high thus far.

only two US demos (things change a bit when you look at it internationally) have shown up on US ebay, both were for nintendogs. the first sold for $136 if i'm not mistaken. the second ended just a few days ago and only (in comparison) got $70... and that was after nobody bought it from the seller who offered it here first for $110.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not exclusive to any store, we got it at Toys R Us too.

It's a shame Nintendo has to take them back, otherwise I would have all the demo copies. My Nintendo rep spoils me.

They dont have to take back the GameCube discs any more, so I got two of those now

And the biggest thing was when he came to do the DK Jungle Beat contest, he forgot his copy so he bought a copy from our store and at the end of the day GAVE ME the copy he bought. JUST UP AND GAVE IT TO ME!!! A $40 GAME!!!! Not to mention all the other promo freebies like calendars, pens, notebooks and shirts. And me and 2 of my other coworkers got our own Nintendogs plushie when they were suposed to be reserved ONLY FOR GAMESTOP MANAGEMENT!!! My boyfriend's GameStop (right down the street) got one dog for the whole store
    I keep telling my boyfriend, I'm our rep's favorite

But I wish I could get my hands on any demo card (or demo GBA cart too for that matter)
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GameSlaveGaz
    And the biggest thing was when he came to do the DK Jungle Beat contest, he forgot his copy so he bought a copy from our store and at the end of the day GAVE ME the copy he bought. JUST UP AND GAVE IT TO ME!!! A $40 GAME!!!!
    How funny would it have been if he tried to return it?
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davepesc
    Quote Originally Posted by GameSlaveGaz
    And the biggest thing was when he came to do the DK Jungle Beat contest, he forgot his copy so he bought a copy from our store and at the end of the day GAVE ME the copy he bought. JUST UP AND GAVE IT TO ME!!! A $40 GAME!!!!
    How funny would it have been if he tried to return it?
    I would've been like, "I love you, Geoff, but you know our policy" (heehee, our Nintendo rep has the same name as the company's mascot!)
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Strawberry (Level 2) [-Sentinel-]'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When she ask it back, say: "Oops, my dog ate it!"!
    PSN ID: rodolfocm
    3DS FC: 1375-7284-4033