Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SirCyan

Default FS/FT: Playstation 2 Test/Debug Unit (DTL-H30102 U) 120V/PAL

I'm currently entertaining offers on a Playstation 2 Test/Debug unit, model number DTL-H30102U. This is a PAL unit, however, it does accept 120V (north american power) input. Standard North American controllers, memory cards, power and A/V cables work flawlessly with this unit.

The warranty sticker on the back is still intact, indicating that the system has not been opened or modified in any way since it left the factory.

NTSC (North American) PS2 originals boot flawlessly and 'fix' themselves into NTSC mode so that they may be played on a NTSC display. I tested this with Disgaea and Grand Theft Auto III. I played these games for several hours and encountered no problems.

PS1 games (originals AND copies) boot flawlessly, however, they remain in PAL mode. I tested this with WipeoutXL (North American Original), RPG Maker (North American Original), and Bust-A-Move 2 (Japanese Copy).

I was unable to get PS2 copies to boot despite numerous reports across the net of people being able to boot them without difficulty on these units. I tried a variety of copies that booted perfectly on my modified (North American) PS2.

I have posted additional pictures of this item here: http://rrx.ca/test/ including images of the intact warranty sticker, model number, and serial number. I also included pictures of the 'version information' display that shows the unit booted (with the model number in view -- barely.) My apologies, but I only have NTSC televisions, so the model number is difficult to see on-screen.

Unfortunately, I do not have any PAL games or televisions to do any PAL testing with. I'm selling only the unit itself as it did not come with any software, adapters (network/hard drive), or cables (power, A/V, controllers or otherwise).

This is also my first 'buy and sell' post here, so I'd like to apologize to the moderators in advance if I've broken any rules. Since I'm new, I understand that people may be wary to buy or trade for this item, therefore, I'd like to point you to my ebay feedback as 'j_j_entertainment' (where I was selling numerous items on consignment for a friend) or to my recently re-activated ebay account 'cyangaramonde'. I'm also willing to give out my personal cell phone number to anyone making a serious offer.

I'm over 50% of my way to a complete 3DO (north american) games collection, so if anyone wants to trade a pile of 3DO games for this unit, I'd be more than happy to do so. Although I prefer to trade for 3DO games, I don't mind entertaining trades for games of other (older) systems as well.

Feel free to PM, email, or contact me on MSN/Yahoo/ICQ (as per my profile) to make an offer on this item. I won't be available most of Sunday (going to the Video Games Live concert in Vancouver, woohoo!) however, I should be available most of the day Monday. I'll entertain any serious offers.

-RS.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm interested, but I'm not sure right now... Just an FYI, in order to play backups, you will have to burn them as a "master" disk. There's software on the web for this, one is by a guy named looser called Disk Patcher 3. If you're interested in selling it to me, pm me a price... I'm not so ambitious as to actually quote one today.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oops... misread the Model number. I am more interested then i thought. PM sent.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SirCyan

PM response sent.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan
    PM response sent.
    Im interested in the unit.. what are you asking? im in a PAL country so want to mainly to play imports
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SirCyan

Default Sold!

My apologies, this unit has been sold and shipped a day or two ago. Topic may be locked. Thanks!