Thread: do they still make the original XBOX controler?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default do they still make the original XBOX controler?

i dont see any new original xbox controlers in stores - all i see are the S-type and i don't like them

i see pleanty used original controlers but i realy dont like buying used ones - shkeves me out - seeing all the dead skin and crap on them

does anyone still see the original ones in their local stores
    ive been to the local game shops here and bestbuy, circuit city and Eb online and they dont have any NEW ones.

Ive put off buying a few becasue they are expensive. Now that the 360 is comming and hoping for a price drop ive been trying to pay attention how many are in stock at various stores and shockingly i find 0
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one of the reasons for me to not buy a X-box as the S-controller sucks. I asked in stores, but they can't get them as Microsoft stopped production they said.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I havent seen any of the Duke controllers for a good long while. I say your only option would be to buy used. What's the problem with the S controllers? I thought they were an enormus improvement over the original.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I also prefer the originals, but S controllers are tolerable. I suspect that google prefers them for the same reason I do: They make good kayaks.

Er... I mean, he has big hands. The originals are awfully comfy in that case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont like where the black and white buttons are on the s-type and the original was the most comfortable controler ive ever used. i have a few of the S-type for guests (since it seems most people don't like the big one, but i realy don't like useing it) --

damn i gues nextime i see a new large conrtoler ill have to shell out the 30$ for them - I guess its becomeing the point of no return for finding new ones --

this bugs me - i used to see them all the time during the summer - Im assuming they didn't sell they must be held up in some wherehouse
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you find one, they are $19.99 new now. We got one brand new and sealed at my GameCrazy store, but that sucker sold fast.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i missed that price drop -- no wonder i dont see any

19.99 for a new one and 22$ for a used one nice

next time im in a gamecrasy ill have to ask if they have any in the back
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its funny since i prefer the f-controller over the s-controller. It's mainly becuase I'm a sasquatch and i have big hands, so it fits rather comfy in my hands. Though i do like the controller, i do think it sucks for fighting games, so i want a couple of the LE street fighter controllers just so i can play my 2d fighters lol.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

The button layout of the Duke had to have been designed by somebody on crack.

Just use the S-controller, the Dukes have been out of production since pretty much the instant the S came out. You'll get used to it and it'll become second nature to you sooner than you think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

occasionaly i do use the s controler and i always find my self trying to find the damn white and black buttons
    it just feels so weird -- i know id get used to it just like with all other controlers - but if i can id like to stick with what i found was the best solution for this system

ill just be on the look out from now on and jump on opertunitys i come across - there has to be a stash somewhere

edit: oh and if the large controler fans also own game cubes and hate the controler -- i just picked up the air flow controler and its so much nicer -- its bigger and kind of resebles a xbox controler to me. try it out - it was marked down 14.99 at gamestop
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another fan of the big Xbox controller here. I've managed to snag two so far and am on the lookout for more. I have a couple of S-types too. They sit in a box. The only other complaint is that giant xbox jewel. It's huge! As if I didn't know what system I was playing on. As for the GC, I got a Wavebird and am enjoying that along with Pokemon XD. I am quite impressed with the play mechanics and it's got a decent, if not fairly predictable story so far. For PSX I use the Logitech wireless controller. Although I hope it's just crud, my 'X' button started sticking every once in a while. Very annoying.

Hex.
    [ Big paws = big gloves. ]

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was at EB today, and they had several (as in more than five) Duke controllers. They were priced at $24.99, all used. Not as cheap as $19.99, but they were no more or less expensive than the S. So if you haven't found any yet, I'd say check them out.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My hands are massive yet I still much prefer controller S, odd I suppose. Ebay or perhaps finding some used old style controllers shouldn't be too hard I'm guessing.
    Currently Playing: Limbo, CoD: MW2
    XBL: Kazaam McFresh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Big controller=good for halo

S controller=good for everything else.

It's been out of production for a good long while now.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I HATE the S-Controller. I HATE it.

The day after Christmas 2002 when I got my Xbox, I rant o GameStop and picked a big controller off the wall. The clerk walked up to me and asked the general "Looking for anything?" question. I asked him "Is this the official MS Xbox controller?" He said, yeah, but I think you want the S-controller. I said "I hate the S-controller", he turned around to his cow orkers and said "See? Someone else who knows how crappy the S-controller is."

Small world. I HATE the S-controller. HATE IT. I HATE IT!

I dislike the S-controller. And am not looking forward to the new 360 controllers. PUT THOSE BLACK AND WHITE BUTTONS BACK WHERE THEY BELONG DAMN YOU!

I'm only now getting used to the DualShock, also known as the worst designed controller ever made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this past weekend i went hunting for the big controlers asking clerks if they had any sitting in back. They only had used ones (which im not comfortable buying).

Luckily the "last" (8th) store i was going to go to had 2. Gamecrasy - 19.99 - whoo hoo - ill still be on the look out for one more.

the controler i mentioned for the game cube is not that good. it feels great in the hands but the contols lag in some games especialy rouge squadron 2. some games work perfectly fine like supermario sunshine.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If want to get rid of your S controller, PM me. I'm needing some.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I'm the only one here with huge hands that prefers the s controller...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    If want to get rid of your S controller, PM me. I'm needing some.
    if i didnt need them then they would have been yours - like i said the ones i have are for guests - girls with small hands and lasy ps2 owners. The only time i use them is when picking up a controler in a situation with guests - i dont like changeing controlers while the system is on. -sorry dude
    --Frank Herbert