Thread: I hate to do this but I know nothing about Pachinko

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I hate to do this but I know nothing about Pachinko

I hate to ask about what something is worth, but I came across an old pachinko machine. I mean no lights no screens nothing but wood and metal pegs. The glass is not broken anywhere but you can definitely tell its old. They're asking $85 but the lady cant tell me if it works. It's got balls with it and the instruction manual. Think it's worth the cash? Thanks guys.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not really. I have had over 20 of them with lights and such that I have picked up over the years. I think the most I paid for a very plain one without electronics is $25-30. Unless it is in excellent shape I wouldn't go over that price and probably an absolute max of $50.

They make a nice conversation piece but that's all really. Gameplay isn't very exciting if you aren't winning prizes and no pretty lights and screens and such to look at instead

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlanD
    They make a nice conversation piece but that's all really. Gameplay isn't very exciting if you aren't winning prizes and no pretty lights and screens and such to look at instead
    Exactly -- unless you really, really LOVE Pachinko, I'd let that lady keep it. Put that $85 toward an arcade game or a pinball machine instead.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was a kid they used to sell Pachinko games in the Sears catalog (not sure if they still do or not, but i'd bet on not). I remember them as not being terribly expensive then, so i doubt they are worth much now, especially in unknown condition.

A big part of the "fun" in pachinko is playing in some pachinko parlor with all the noise and sounds and the opportunity to win something. Just don't see it as the sort of thing you'd want to play at home.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Re: I hate to do this but I know nothing about Pachinko

Quote Originally Posted by rotten03
    I hate to ask about what something is worth, but I came across an old pachinko machine. I mean no lights no screens nothing but wood and metal pegs. The glass is not broken anywhere but you can definitely tell its old. They're asking $85 but the lady cant tell me if it works. It's got balls with it and the instruction manual. Think it's worth the cash? Thanks guys.
    I really need to come here more.
    No $85.00 is Way too much..
    I fix these machines up and get them much cheaper(when I find them).
    Check out my collection page for some pics if the two I currently have(spend less then $50.oo each.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This topic makes me kinda sad lol, i just bought a pachinko from ebay for 300 euro ( don't know how much that is in $ but i guess it's almost the same).....so looking at all te reply's saying it's worth like 50$ or something makes me feel like i paid way too much

Oh well, it's still worth it anyway, i didn't buy it to actually play with it, to me it's a unique collectors item for my wrestling collection because the pachinko is wrestling-themed.

For those interested, it's themed after Tiger Mask , a legend in japanese pro-wrestling.

But anyway,i'd still like to know your opinion on it,did i really pay too much then ?

But do keep in mind that it is brand new, has al kinds a of lights and stuff,comes with 400 balls and the best part....it even has a little lcd screen in it because sometimes you have to play a wrestling match or something ( have to figure that out when it arrives)

So it's definatly more complicated then the old ones....

But still....too much ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlemaniac
    But still....too much ?

i always say that anything, no matter what it is, isn't too much if you are happy with the price / item and get enjoyment from it.....so, if you really like it, you should have no reason to question your purchase...
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983