0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Default The Matrix: Path of Neo

Yeah, I know Enter the Matrix was a stinker.

But from everything I've seen/heard/read about the latest Matrix game, this one really shows promise. Taking part in the scenes that defined the film, plus a new ending? I'm all for that.

Anyone else interested in this one?

My apologies if this was already posted, the search is kinda limited right now.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

I played it a little today and i was far from impressed. The controls are a mixed bag and the camera is far from being anything more then ok.

It's cool that you can alter the story (you can even take the blue pill) but really, it's the only plus i've seen.

What pissed me off the most was the sloppy job editing the cutscenes. They took bunch of scene's from the movies and sliced them together with the expertise a retard butcher.

They're terrible, no they're beyond terrible, thery're unspeakably bad. Just plain awful. The graphics aren't all the impressive either. Just take a look at Morphous and you'll see what i mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found myself watching a load of videos of it t'other day and thinking that it looked terrible. Obviously, watching videos is hardly indicative of the gameplay experience, but they were bad enough to put me off getting the game unless it gets some seriously positive press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it looks really good

I think it may actually turn out really good

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually enjoyed Enter the Matrix. I bought it for ps2 a long time ago (actually bought it on the day it was released). I got so good at the game that I could beat the entire game in 3 hours.

I know, I am the only person on this planet that likes the game, but that is why I am so excited about the new one. I can't wait for it to come out.

And if you guys don't like enter the matrix, give me your xbox,pc, and gc copies (I don't own it for those systems)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to pass on this one.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not too hyped on this since Enter the Matrix was so bad (I rented it and returned it the same night) but I'm getting a free review copy, so I guess I'll be playing through it.

One thing that looks better than EtM -- they got rid of those horrible driving sections.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I got a chance to play some of this on the PS2 last night. I have to say that I have enjoyed what I've played so far, which is only the first couple of levels.

It's obvious that this game(particularly the graphics engine) is trying to squeeze every last bit of juice from the system, and it really shows. Textures are kinda lo-res and the in-engine cutscenes are sub-par, but the animation is great and evironments are cool. The game does have it's share of technical hiccups, most notably a semi-sloppy camera, but you gotta expect that going in-I have yet to see a trouble-free 3D camera.

The cutscenes are kinda hacked together, but if you've seen the movies, you really don't need them. I think they're kind of a 'bonus' more than anything else, but I can see where the 'disjointed-ness' is a turnoff.

All said, though, as a fan of the films, I find myself enjoying this. It's far from perfect, but the attention to detail really puts you in the universe, and the ability to take control of the movies is great. It's probably not going to sway any nay-sayers, but I'd at least give this one a look.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.