Thread: Killed ma DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Killed ma DS

Oh, it works as a nice GBA now, but the touchscreen is shot.

I guess I was getting a bit into my games, coz now the touchscreen won't calibrate properly at all. If I click on the 3 calibration points, the result on the 4 "test" points gives me an OK upper left, a bottom left off more than a little, and both of the points on the right won't work at all. Games are similarly hosed.

I got it on launch, so it's been a year of pretty hard use. Anybody have any good solutions to fixing this puppy, or is time to buy one of those new colors like the black or the electric blue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'd contact nintendo's service line about it. they're always pretty good about handling defective/damaged merchandise, even if it's, erm... the customer's fault

so, what game were you playing that you got "a bit into" ?

i want to know how what it takes to break one of these puppies.
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah nintendos customer service is really good so they might be able to help

it's all good though, the DS i've found that it's fairly durable

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perkar
    i'd contact nintendo's service line about it. they're always pretty good about handling defective/damaged merchandise, even if it's, erm... the customer's fault

so, what game were you playing that you got "a bit into" ?

i want to know how what it takes to break one of these puppies.
    I'll give Nintendo a call -- don't know if they have a presence in Malaysia (where I am at the moment) but I am sure they do in Singapore, which is close enough.

I was playing th import game "Ouendan" -- its a rhythm game by the makers of Gitaroo Man. It's great fun, you have to tap and trace and spin along to the music. The last song is very hard and fast -- i had been trying to pass it for ages, really got into a series of spins and I guess got a bit too aggressive. I made it past that section but couldn't hit any of the touch points after that, so I knew something was up.

Only other game I got that might inspire that sort of insane scratching is Meteos....

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's funny, I was just going to post "Where you playing Meteos?", because that was the first game I thought of. But yeah, call Nintendo, they're really great about that kind of thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sent my DS in to Nintendo for repair, the top screen though. Very easy to deal with, and they always have been.
    :rocker:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork
    I was playing th import game "Ouendan" -- its a rhythm game by the makers of Gitaroo Man. It's great fun, you have to tap and trace and spin along to the music. The last song is very hard and fast -- i had been trying to pass it for ages, really got into a series of spins and I guess got a bit too aggressive. I made it past that section but couldn't hit any of the touch points after that, so I knew something was up.
    I read the first post and saw your avatar and thought - he must of been playing Ouendan and lo and behold! What difficulty are (i guess were) you trying to beat Ready! Steady! Go on? It is a damn hard song. The thing is i can now complete it on hard more easily than any other song . You need to be damn good at it to beat it. I'm surprised you've shot your touch screen though. Mine just has a tiny little scratch from a bit of over-zealous Meteos playing

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm sort of stuck on cheerleader mode RSG. I have to go to the bathroom now, maybe I'll take it with me and try again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork
    I read the first post and saw your avatar and thought - he must of been playing Ouendan and lo and behold! What difficulty are (i guess were) you trying to beat Ready! Steady! Go on? It is a damn hard song. The thing is i can now complete it on hard more easily than any other song . You need to be damn good at it to beat it. I'm surprised you've shot your touch screen though. Mine just has a tiny little scratch from a bit of over-zealous Meteos playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just trying to beat it on normal mode now. I actually have fewer problems with RSG than Shanghai Honey -- there's a section towards the end of that song that's got alot of off-beats and those just always wreck me.

But that 3rd, slow spin in a row in RSG was giving me fits, so I guess I was trying extra hard. The weird thing is I can't imagine that I smack my screen around any harder than a typical 8 year old would. My screen is basically scratch-free since I kept a Hori protector on it (yes, I did remove it and try to recalibrate without it).

I checked online and my nearest service center is in Japan I might have to wait until I go back to the states for Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was just about to say "use a screen protector" but I see you already have. Must have been the pressure that did it. Pretty odd tho, since I see many of these units totally beat to hell on display at shops and they all seem to work perfectly nonetheless.

Not to get off topic, but you should try Boxwave's screen protectors for DS. IMHO they completely blow away the HORI protectors...even tho they are good as well.