Thread: Sealed Panzer Dragoon Saga, Vay, Shienryu & more!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sealed Panzer Dragoon Saga, Vay, Shienryu & more!

Got a whole bunch of stuff ending this weekend. It's not all cheap this time, but there's some truly outstanding stuff there .... when was the last time you saw a sealed PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjoelthejesterQQhtZ-1

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gillian Seed X
    PSN
    RyJonJinn

Very Nice stuff. And yes Shienryu is very underated. One of my favorite Saturn Shooters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Sealed Panzer Dragoon Saga, Vay, Shienryu & more!

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel
    when was the last time you saw a sealed PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga?
    I wish I could say "Five minutes ago, in my spare room", but this is one game that has been eluding me for a long long time! ~ it's not the first sealed one I have seen though. I have seen at least two before, although they have been shrinkwrapped, so it's debateable if it's original or not. One was American too.

Some very tasty stuff there friend! I had no idea you had such gems hiding away, otherwise I would've come beating at your door before now! Lol!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hehe .. PAL PDS were never shrinkwrapped, so if you see one shrink-wrapped then it means nothing except that some shop or individual has added it. The seal on PDS is simply a sega sticker seal in the centre of the flap at the top and the bottom of the box.

Unfortunately this means that the outer slipcase is still susceptible to damage & wear even if the game remains sealed. However, in some European countries many games were released in shops in plastic blister packs like this (SNES & NES games also) - which is very handy because it means that not only is the game still sealed, but it is kept in perfect condition!

And, unlike with current PS1 games, there is no difference between the actual product - all units were manufactured in the UK. Presumably the ones that went to the continent just got the extra packaging - perhaps there is some regulation about it or something.

US is a different story - not only are there far more sealed US PDS's around, they did come shrink-wrapped from the factory.

Plus they don't look so damn nice

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Presumably the ones that went to the continent just got the extra packaging - perhaps there is some regulation about it or something.
    From what I've heard, all these 'blister pack' games originally stem from one of the big French supermarket chains (FNAC, maybe?).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure - but some of them actually come with Sega / game specific material inside the blister pack too, a la:

Example

so I am not sure whether the chain would have added the further packaging themselves, or got the factory / distributor to provide them with the games like this. I presume the latter, since I can't see a supermarket chain taking on any of the burden of the manufacturing processes ....

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, I've seen a few like that aswell. They do all seem to stem from France though - perhaps it's something that's just done there for various retail outlets?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Presumably the ones that went to the continent just got the extra packaging - perhaps there is some regulation about it or something.
    From what I've heard, all these 'blister pack' games originally stem from one of the big French supermarket chains (FNAC, maybe?).
    I remember that games at Fnac were sealed like this.
    But in many little video game shops, you could find games in these hard seal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And, unlike with current PS1 games, there is no difference between the actual product - all units were manufactured in the UK. Presumably the ones that went to the continent just got the extra packaging - perhaps there is some regulation about it or something.
    There is. Apparently, anything shipped for sale from one country to the other "Should" be sealed. It's some stupid law. That's why anything you buy from the US Amazon will come sealed, and why HMV's import section is full of shrinkwrapped Cd's with laser labels on the top...

Same applies for games manufactured her and shipped to Australia too. Same if the games were made in Southern Ireland as well and then shipped here. Don't think it's the same if they were made in Northern Ireland though...

And I believe Shenmue from the continent came in a blister pack, and I have seen a few French versions of Terranigma on eBay in blisters too

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the blister-pack Terranigmas are French too ... however there is a minor problem (if you're not fluent in French that is) in that for Terranigma all the in game text was translated into French for the France release. Good for the French, but frustrating for the UK collector who sees all the sealed Terranigmas available for cheap but knows that they don't count for what they are looking for!

Vroomfunkel

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last day on most of these auctions - plus a few more added:

Shining and the Darkness (PAL)
    Zaxxon 3D (SMS PAL)
    Bomberman Joypad (Saturn - mint / as new!)

Vroomfunkel