Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Magic (E) (Prototype) SNES DUMPED and some other pics

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Little Magic (E) (Prototype) SNES DUMPED and some other pics

Today I have get 7 Prototypes. 6 SNES and 1 NES. The most interesting one is Little Magic as PAL Version and in english. Released only in Japan, but this is a PAL Version and has some differents.
    Titlescreen has no japanese words, and the game is in english what I have see yet.
    And its not a reproduction from the fan-translated english ROM, which is out there. The text is much different.

I have dump the ROM with some problems first. First he dump me a 16MB game and split it into 4 ROMs. As I try the ROM it was corrupt and has only a black screen. I try it again and this time he dump a 8MB ROM which too was not working on Emulator.

At last I have open the game and try to dump it without case. Now it seems to work. Again 8MB, so double size from the normal Japanese ROM and Translated ROM, but it work on Emulator. So I release the ROM now here and hope it is allowed. If not, I will remove the ROM-link. But I think SNES is no big problem here.
    But not sure if the ROM will work for 100%, because Emulator tells me corrupted ROM and show strange letters. But the ROM will work, tested with one ZSNES and one SNES9X Emulator.

Here some pictures:
    Little Magic (E) (Prototype) Cartridge
    Little Magic (E) (Prototype) Back
    Board with Batterie?

Why this Prototype contains a Batterie? No idea why, the game work with passwords and don't need one. But when you play it on Emulator it will produce a SRM file too. The yellow sticker is from me, to protect the EPROM while scanning. Was nothing on this EPROM as I opend it.

And here the ROM:
    Little Magic (E) (Prototype)

Here pictures from some other Prototypes which I get today:
    Brawl Brothers (E)
    Board
    Seems undumpable, I have try it more times and get only black screen on my SNES.

Bust a Move / Puzzle Bobble (U)
    Back Cartridge
    The cartridge sticker say Puzzle Bobble, but the Titlescreen says Bust a Move, so no different here I think.

Super R-Type (E)
    Dumped, but no different to the other ROM. Only the beginning contain some more info, but I think it cames from dumping and is no play data.

Supper Soccer (E)
    Same as Super R-Type, nothing different.

The Lost Vikings (U)
    Seems Final version, but not tested much.

And finally for the NES fans here the last Prototype:
    Konami Hyper Soccer (E)
    not tested yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy mac those are some nifty finds!I downloaded the ROM,thanx for that.How did you get these you bought them from a collector or from eBay?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it was a game store owner, but not 100% sure. He sell some Prototypes on eBay for some month. Zelda 2 (PAL) (NES), Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (NTSC) (SNES) and Illusuion of Gaia (NTSC) (SNES). Noone bid on the 2 SNES Prototypes and the Zelda 2 was to not so high so I won these auctions. He has too Super R-Type (PAL) (SNES) and Little Magic (PAL) (SNES) in other auctions, but I have not so much money at this time. But noone bid on them or buy them so I ask if he sell them next month to me for the eBay prices. He accepted.

Later he add a Brawl Brothers (PAL) (SNES) in the eBay shop and someone buy it for a bid over 20 US$ or Euro. But he never pay, so he ask me too if I want it.

I ask too if he has other Prototypes which he will maybe sell and he give me a list with these:
    Konami Hyper Soccer (PAL) (NES)
    Puzzle Bobble (NTSC) (SNES)
    Super Soccer (PAL) (SNES)
    The Lost Vikings (NTSC) (SNES)

And so I get 7 Prototypes at the same time, 10 at all from the same Seller. Already paid for 2 and must only pay for 5 now and all is complete done. And the last were all cheap I think.

EDIT: Forget the Board scan from Brawl Brothers which I added now in the first post. Have see now, that I can open this cartridge too. But still not dumpable.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn, i always miss out on these snes prototypes.
    could help you out with the non-working snes one if you like.
    clean the contacts, dump it several times (like 3 or 4 times to verify you always get the same data) and then send me
    the verified rom.
    i'm sure i can determine where the problem is.

[edit]

oh, and before you spread that little magic prototype:
    better use the following file, ive added a valid header to make it playable with all emulators, not just zsnes.
    http://bof2.supernes.de/images/lm.rar

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by d4s
    damn, i always miss out on these snes prototypes.
    could help you out with the non-working snes one if you like.
    clean the contacts, dump it several times (like 3 or 4 times to verify you always get the same data) and then send me
    the verified rom.
    i'm sure i can determine where the problem is.
    You have not miss all. Puzzle Bobble, Super Soccer and The Lost Vikings were never listed on eBay. I buy them outside from eBay from the same seller.

Brawl Borthers? Don't think its the contacts, because it work 100% fine without Super Wild Card everytime. Only in the Super Wild Card it will not work. And the strange thing, I get no picture, so I can't dump it, too no Bad Dump, Garbage Data or anything. Normaly when no cartridge is in the Super Wild Card I get the menu without cartridge. And too when the cartridge is not 100% correct in the Super Wild Card I get too pictures on my screen from the menu. But this one seems to block the Super Wild Card somehow. Maybe a copy protection?

And Little Magic is always different. I dump it 3 times, 2 times garbage. But this one work, so I think its ok now.
    Only that it has the double size is strange, but I have try it more times and always get only 8MB or 16MB. Never 4MB. Someone means, that the half size is maybe garbage, but I am not sure. I compare it with the normal release Little Magic (J) and its always a bit replacements and match through the complete ROM.
    Maybe I will test it later again to dump, but then I must maybe open it again. With Case it has never work with dumping.

2 other Prototypes dumped 100% good. Super R-Type and Super Soccer. Both are identical too the normal ROMs. Only some header which has something to do with the Super Wild Card I think.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, 4pv5b protocarts arent dumpable with all copiers, its the pal on the pcb thats interfering here.
    its not the game data itself thats copyprotected in this case.
    you will experience the same with sdd1 and maybe sa1 or spc7110 carts.

concerning the dumps never containing the same data twice:
    i think your backup unit most likely is the problem here, flakey dram.

how about buying a new one?

[edit]
    please download the *.rar file again, its completely fixed now.
    the rom you uploaded was indeed an overdump.
    the little magic pcb is configured for 8mbit, but due to the absence of a second eprom, all reads above 0x7ffff just return open bus.

check the eprom if you dont believe me, it will read something like this: tc574000
    thats a 4mbit rom, so there.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by d4s
    yeah, 4pv5b protocarts arent dumpable with all copiers, its the pal on the pcb thats interfering here.
    its not the game data itself thats copyprotected in this case.
    you will experience the same with sdd1 and maybe sa1 or spc7110 carts.
    So I can't do anything to dump Brawl Brothers?

Thanks for redump and/or fix the Little Magic (E) (Prototype). I have not much idea about such things and how it work. I can only dump it and this is all.
    Next time I send you my dump, that you can check it if it is ok.

I have post it only in one other board, so I have fix it now there too and post it that you fix it. My upload contain now the new dump.
    Thanks again for your help. I hope this Little Magic (E) (Prototype) is now a clean and good dump.

Edit: Now the ROM will produce no SRM file anymore. Has this something to do with the OverDump before?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MattyXB
    Edit: Now the ROM will produce no SRM file anymore. Has this something to do with the OverDump before? :hmm:
    If I had to guess, it only produced a saveram file because there happened to be a battery in the cart. And I'm guessing that the only reason the battery was there in the first place is because the game that was on there before used it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey MattyXB,

Nice proto's just out of interest, was the seller a woman, i recently got quiet a few proto's from a girl in the US, she was very helpful too. and i also bought a few extra proto's from her outside of ebay

Was just wondering?

..Mike

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Predatorxs
    Hey MattyXB,

Nice proto's just out of interest, was the seller a woman, i recently got quiet a few proto's from a girl in the US, she was very helpful too. and i also bought a few extra proto's from her outside of ebay

Was just wondering?

..Mike
    No, a man and from Switzerland. Not from USA. I think when these Prototypes were listed in eBay USA I wouldn't get them so cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks MattyXB,

Thats cool, i always like it, when fellow DP members pick up sweet finds/deals for a good price, and what you mentioned about getting those proto's from ebay switz, only a few weeks back i scooped up 4 or 5 proto's for $21 each on ebay.com, and thats £10 in uk money so i was pretty pleased with that

..Mike

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, do you realize how much you devalued Little Magic by dumping the game?!? Think of all the butter you could have purchased by reselling it without dumping it. You made hoarding collectors everywhere cringe with that post.

Seriously, nice find. It was extremely generous of you to get that game dumped. It takes a special kind of person (you) to want to share this rare stuff with the unwashed masses (us). You also preserved this game for eternity, as ROMs will not suffer from bit-rot and render themselves completely useless while sitting in a closet or attic somewhere.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its not devalued at all. Its the only know Prototype (from which I know). So I know its Rare and value at all.

I have no problem with dumping Rare games, like Starwing Competition (German) in the past too. I like it, because I know that not all can buy or get these Rare games. So I dump them for other people, that they can play these games.

I know there is an unofficial Translation from this game avaible. But why not dump an official translation when it is possible. So I can easier find differents to the released Japan game or the unofficial translation.

In the moment I have only found out, that the tilescreen is a bit different. And all messages which I found are in english. Maybe I find some more interesting differences in this game.

And I will never every sell this game anymore. So if I devalued it or not, it doesn't matter for me anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    Wow, do you realize how much you devalued Little Magic by dumping the game?!?
    It is the responsibility of all who possess prototype or dev carts to get them dumped so we have a record of the games in question. Thank you for dumping Little Magic!

Did you happen to win the Illusion of Gaia proto as well? It's my all time favorite video game and I'd love to play a dump of the proto to see what is different. (other than the title screen graphic I'm guessing)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    Did you happen to win the Illusion of Gaia proto as well? It's my all time favorite video game and I'd love to play a dump of the proto to see what is different. (other than the title screen graphic I'm guessing)
    Yes, I won it too. But I have only a Dumper for PAL SNES Cartridges. Can't dump NTSC games. So sorry about that.

But on the cartridge stand Final. So I think its the same game like the final ROM. I have dump 2 other PAL Prototypes, which are too the Final Version and these contains no differents.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So am I the only one who read the second half of adaml's post, where he reveals his sarcasm?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is the responsibility of all who possess prototype or dev carts to get them dumped so we have a record of the games in question. Thank you for dumping Little Magic!
    Responsibility? hehehe.... good one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesworld2
    Responsibility? hehehe.... good one!
    Yup, because it's always great when someone gets a proto cart and sells it only to have it get lost in the mail before ever being dumped for archival. Or has a one of a kind build of a game that ends up getting damaged in fire or flood. These things DO happen you know.

The Bill of Rights doesn't get devalued every time a reproduction print is made, in fact it becomes more valuable because more people can have the chance to view it. Not the best example but the first one that came to mind.

I mean those NWC carts are sooooooooo worthless since there's a dump of them, huh?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    So am I the only one who read the second half of adaml's post, where he reveals his sarcasm?
    Cut them some slack. There was probably butter in their eyes.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hear it's also your responsibility to upload your unreleased rom dumps so all the rom kiddy's can add them to their goodnes sets.