Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Default Xbox 360 shortage

I have a friend that works at FYE, and he recently told me that they had over 400 pre-orders, but they are only getting in 18, thats right, 18 Xbox 360s. A guy who works at Gamestop also said similar things about them. Has anyone heard anything like this and is this going to be a major problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i heared this all the time at gamestops

while in a gamecrazy store ive heared that they will have them avaiable

so - so far im thinking its a scam -- im waiting to see lines of pissed off customers before i belive it

yes i dont think they have a ton of units being manufactured but i dont think its as low as the rumors i hear
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I've heard, only about 2/3 of the preorders will be delivered on time. However, they also said that all orders would be filled by the 24th of December, in time for Christmas. But still, there are going to be a lot of angry customers that I'm going to have to deal with. Thus, Microsoft is not my friend right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

at eb we are only getting in 52 frist day. They told us 100+ then cut it down to 52.

Sucks... a lot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey Butt

I really don't think that there is going to be a shortage. I think it is all propeganda, and that they are trying to raise the hype. When the PS2 launched there was genuine shortages, and in the long run it got tones of media attention and caused it to be one of the most sought after items for that holiday season. I say they will have plenty, and not to believe the hype.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There WILL be a shortage, but I don't think it'll be as bad as some places are having us believe. My pre-order was delayed, but I'm not worried about having to wait for months or anything like that. I also have a very hard time believing that an FYE store would have 400 pre-orders, but that's probably just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Well the gamecrazy in my area told me they are getting 16. They are getting a list together of the first 16 pre-orders to tell those people they are getting one, but they have to pick them up within 48hrs or the next person in line is getting one. They wouldn't tell me if I was in the first 16 though.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bah, there seem to always be shortages on the first run. I completely expect that.
    Run, run, or you'll be well done! -Kefka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Marketing strategy

Create a shortage for Christmas, get alot of free advertising. It is an excellent marketing plan. Happens all the time.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, defenitely will be a shortage. There were originally going to be 55 units shipped to use, now about 20. Something surprising may happen beforehand and we get more but I doubt it. I'm still pretty confident I'll get one release day. There's tons of resources out here in AZ.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EBgames says only 20% of their customers will get a box

The other 80% have to wait 'til after christmas!

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get yours now and get on ebay!
    Run, run, or you'll be well done! -Kefka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not that I told any of you personally but I called this months ago. This happened to me on the PS2 when EB Games put me at #300+ when all the got was 30 some units. I cancelled my order the day before launch, got my money back and bought one at K Mart on launch day. These places are liars, plain and simple. They tell everyone that comes in that they will be getting a console and when they don’t, they claim some sort of unknown shortage. It’s a scam. They take and hold your money; you get the shaft and a console far past launch day.

Long story short I will never pre order anything again. I’ve yet to have a problem picking up a system on launch, including the N64 and PS2.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

The figure for the US is apparently 1 million consoles before Xmas. Guess the demand is a lot higher than that then!

The UK by comparison is apparently getting... 50,000. With around 150,000 pre-orders at least so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Damn it Griking posting PA comic's in response to something is my Schtick.

Seriously though i'd better get my Xbox 360 on launch day. I'm getting it at a blockbuster and so far they're promising that it'll be in stock. All the same i'll slit throats to get it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Damn it Griking posting PA comic's in response to something i my Schtick.

Seriously though i'd better get my Xbox 360 on launch day. I'm getting it at a blockbuster and so far they're promising that it'll be in stock. All the same i'll slit throats to get it.
    Haha, you trusted something a Blockbuster employee told you. They have no idea how many they're getting.

They took 10 preorders, just like every other Game Rush in the country. There's a good chance that since EB and Gamestop are losing preorder allocations like mad, we may have been cut from the picture entirely. Blockbuster corporate is about the rustiest engine in the universe, information doesn't travel anywhere. I KNOW some asshole in Houson has an Email from microsoft sitting in his inbox telling the state of our 360 preorders, but he just forgot to send it to the stores.

We're all in the dark, and historically we get pretty much every game a week late. Blockbuster doesn't take the division seriously enough, so we slack hard.

If you can afford a box ontop of your preorder, I highly suggest camping at Best Buy or Walmart somewhere for a likely better chance at getting one on launch than relying on Blockbusters stupid ass.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Damn it Griking posting PA comic's in response to something i my Schtick.

Haha, you trusted something a Blockbuster employee told you. They have no idea how many they're getting.

They took 10 preorders, just like every other Game Rush in the country. There's a good chance that since EB and Gamestop are losing preorder allocations like mad, we may have been cut from the picture entirely. Blockbuster corporate is about the rustiest engine in the universe, information doesn't travel anywhere. I KNOW some asshole in Houson has an Email from microsoft sitting in his inbox telling the state of our 360 preorders, but he just forgot to send it to the stores.

We're all in the dark, and historically we get pretty much every game a week late. Blockbuster doesn't take the division seriously enough, so we slack hard.

If you can afford a box ontop of your preorder, I highly suggest camping at Best Buy or Walmart somewhere for a likely better chance at getting one on launch than relying on Blockbusters stupid ass.
    To befair it's not like i'd trust just any Blockbuster emplyoee. I know this guy personally and i do trust him. If the company say they're fine, then the company said they're fine. I don't know what to expect but i'll damn well be there to get it. I don't exactly live in a town with a lot of pre-order options.

I know blockbuster sucks ass at getting things in on time, but in this country they've always been pretty good about systems.

Worst comes to worst i'm friends with an EB manager (the store just opened this week and he's a former manager at the blockbuster i pre-ordered from) and with any luck he can get me one. I just need to make a call.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Re: Xbox 360 shortage

Quote Originally Posted by EricRyan34
    I have a friend that works at FYE, and he recently told me that they had over 400 pre-orders, but they are only getting in 18, thats right, 18 Xbox 360s. A guy who works at Gamestop also said similar things about them. Has anyone heard anything like this and is this going to be a major problem?
    Yeah, no surprise with FYE actually. I should find out how many pre-orders we got compared to how many we'll actually have this season. Hell people still come in and ask or beg for a pre-order. Be prepared to say no...and have riot gear..
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I don't wanna be a dick, but your personal friend at GameRush doesn't know how many hes getting. Microsoft hasn't told him anything, we started taking 10 preorders to be conservative, not because Microsoft said anything, but because Blockbuster doesn't have a clue whats going on.

Microsoft hasn't told us a damn thing. We don't have MS, Sony, or Nintendo reps. We get nothing directly from these companies. They all treat us like the bastard child of the Game industry because we have absolutely no ability to move new product due to our ginormous used games sections. On our current new release board we have two up coming games:

"Mark Echo's Getting Up" and
    "Need for Speed: Americas Most Wanted"

The company is clueless.