Thread: Is ubisoft ruining a good thing?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is ubisoft ruining a good thing?

Gepeto's Rant

Ubisoft puts out some great games but I have noticed that ubisoft have been releasing games way too close to one another. If find them similar to Ea with the running a good brand into the dirt with release overkill.

The only differences I find lately (from a consumer point of view) is that Ubisofts game values drop (I believe the fastest I have ever seen) of any of the major publishers to date.

I noticed this beginning with splinter cell Pandora tommorrow. The priced dropped substancially about 2 months after it's release. I got burned buy the chaos theory hype. When my gut told me to wait sure enough the collector edition is sitting on the shelve 24.99.

I said never again, then brother in arms earned in blood came out. This time I held out and sure enough 4 weeks after it release boom price drop. Although I like earned in blood the release is just to close to the road to hill 30.

I want ubisoft to stay in business but the overkill of releases being too close to one another definately can't be good.

Also throw prince of persia in the boat. I just think this does more damage to the overall industry than good. I all for getting games at a good price but I don't want a brand ruined do to over kill. Please give me time to miss the games.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Ubisoft is good, ideas are dry right now

I want to say that I have alot of respect for Ubisoft, for they seem to really make decent products overall. I do not think it is an Ubisoft problem, I think it is a video game industry problem. Right now, and for awhile now, game companies have been playing it way too safe and sticking with the same ol crap. War FPS, Sequel to War FPS, Sequel to the Sequel to War FPS, FPS in a different timeline, Prequel to the first War FPS. Cut and past the above to any major franschise in video games. Ubisoft is no different, they just are doing what EA and other major developers are doing...milking the sequels of big selling games. A quick and easy profit, as the same game engine can be used for multiple games. The problem runs into game glut, burnout of sequels that DO NOT ADD ANYTHING NEW. That is where the current generation of games is at. While the graphics are great? Where is the innovation? Where is the creativity? This is a problem that will not go away and will only get worse. The industry needs a creative kick in the ass.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And it is for this reason that we all own and enjoy retro systems

I'll actually admit to being surprised by the Splinter Cell thing. It seems that everytime I go into a game store there's another one. Prince Of Persia would be okay if the games got BETTER as they went along. Now they've got the prince as a demonic-looking guy. What's he gonna be next? Satan himself?

It seems that the sequels we don't want, we get....and the sequels that we do want, we don't get. It seems that I buy less and less new games every year because many sequels aren't worth the time.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ubi has really disappointed me

POP WW imo sux not worth the time buggy rushed and lame
    Cold Fear wants to be like RE4 starts off well but sux imo like a cash in game... they hyped and dumped it on us like a cheap ugly fat hooker parading around as a wana be super model

fool me once, fool me twice I'll take a dump on you x_x
    Go, go Ackman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate game companies doing that, especially when one of the series that isn't getting churned out buy the dozen is Beyond Good & Evil. Despite any complaints about Ubisoft, I think that Neversoft are the worst offenders. I used to really love Tony Hawk games, untill they started coming out every 14.5 seconds. After that I just became, well, saturated with skateboards. Apparently I am alone though, as the series is still chundering on.

Edit: Ah yeah, the Splinter Cell thing did my head in as well. I hadn't even finished Pandora Tomorrow by the time that Chaos Theory's previews started!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone
    I think that Neversoft are the worst offenders. I used to really love Tony Hawk games, untill they started coming out every 14.5 seconds. After that I just became, well, saturated with skateboards. Apparently I am alone though, as the series is still chundering on.
    No, your not I'm finshed with THPS I never want to play one again maybe in like 10 years. I don't know who buys these games but EA is worse who needs another Madden or Fifa game, Fifa games esp there were like 4 a year at one stage 0_0 bleh.....

x_x
    Go, go Ackman!