Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Offical Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible list Released

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Surprise! Well to me at least, I really was expecting the list to include Halo, Halo 2, Fable and nothing else.

I think if anyone has any questions they should read the Q&A:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...tibilityqa.htm

If anyone's wondering why there are so many bad games on the list its fully explained that games that while working on the "top" games they found that other games that used similar technology also worked. I think of it like this. They worked to get San Andreas working and then GTAIII and Vice City for the most part were compatible since they all use the Renderware engine.

As for why there's certain games missing, well that's quite simple. They want you to buy the 360 version. Burnout Revenge? Madden? And many others.

For me this list is great news. All those Xbox games that I never got to play (never owned nor wanted a Xbox) I now might be able to try. And at the very least there will be plenty of lower priced games that I can play, instead of the $50/60 360 games that I simply can't afford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm, Oddworld: Stranger isn't listed. Actually, neither is the first XBox Oddworld, or Microsoft's own Phantom Dust.

Well, guess this is better than nothing...and the games will be running in higher resolution, to boot.

So yeah, I'd rather they get the console out now and keep working on getting games to run. Glad to see Airforce Delta Storm on that list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Oh come on now, that list will grow. I bet by the time the Xbox 360 is released, over 85% of all Xbox games will be supported. Even if there are some problems at lauch, I bet you can download updates of the emulator.
    Well still though it's a pretty bad list of compatibility

but it is more games than I thought they would support

it just proves to me that the 360 is not worth it and will not be worth it anytime soon.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh noes !!!111!!!!!

I'm a collector and have an Xbox. I cant believe M$ is doing this with the 360+++$ Now I need to keep my ekbawks hooked up to play the games I have. Go to hell Microsoftcore :P

[extreme sarcasm]

I take no responsibility in this post as I have been up for 3 ours and it is only 6 a.m. here on the left coast.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every company has to send microsoft the code for there games. There is a chance that sega never sent the code or sent it way to late in the game. So before you say "thats a big fuck you to sega" realize it could be segas fault.

Though the list is kinda short it will keep getting updated. Im disapointed star wars battlefront 2 isnt there as I was going to buy that also but ill wait now till its on the list..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

here is some more info :
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...tibilityqa.htm

i like this one a lot :

Xbox.com: Will there be any benefits to playing original Xbox games on my Xbox 360 console?

Todd: Absolutely. One of the great things about gaming on Xbox 360 is the satisfaction of knowing that every game will be playable in high definition. We are now proud to reveal that this extends to the original Xbox games as well. Every original Xbox game will be upscaled to 720p and 1080i, and will take advantage of Xbox 360’s anti-aliasing capabilities, delivering a picture that is clearer and crisper than anything available on Xbox.
    and another great feature :

Xbox.com: Can you play games cross-platform? Specifically, can I play Halo 2 on Xbox 360 with my friend who plays it on Xbox?

Todd: Yes. You can play backward compatible original Xbox games cross-platform from Xbox 360 to Xbox. Personally, I can't wait to see the first Xbox vs. Xbox 360 Halo 2 clan matches pop up on Xbox Live.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

It's a sad day when we get a BC list before an official list of launch day titles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default This does not suprise me at all, but for customers it will

First to answer the save question: There is no way of transferring your save to the 360 which means that you have to start over if you want to play your Xbox games on your 360. That in itself is a big "F you". As for the games, I too am very very dissapointed that games like Battlefront I, or II are not on the list at first. Again, I understand that not only will the list be updated, but that it depends on the 3rd parties sending in their code. I UNDERSTAND, BUT THE AVERAGE CUSTOMER WONT. I have heard so much misinformation in the last two weeks being told to customers, that it is crazy.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: This does not suprise me at all, but for customers it wi

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    First to answer the save question: There is no way of transferring your save to the 360 which means that you have to start over if you want to play your Xbox games on your 360. That in itself is a big "F you".
    Yeah, this really sucks. There is absolutely no way in hell I'm going go thru and beat Metal Slug 3 again. The first time was hard enough.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    It's a sad day when we get a BC list before an official list of launch day titles.
    FTW.

More than I expected, but I hope they make Psychonauts compatible! That's the only xbox game I will care to ever play again that's not on that list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

You know that's not a bad list for starts. I doubt it will help any DP members as we're bound to have several games that aren't on the list, but it may help out more casual players...

Cheers,
    Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The way I see it, the cup is half full, not half empy.

I was honestly only expecting about 20 or so titles to be backwards compatible by launch. By my count, 19 of my Xbox games will play on the 360, and that's not a bad start. Yes, I do wish Panzer Dragoon, Unreal Championship 2, MechAssault and other games would play on it, but give it time. I believe they will add to the list of compatible games after launch. I don't know what some of you are expecting. Be happy they got this many games compatible by launch. A true "fuck you" would be a list of 15 games and that's all. They are trying, nobody can deny that. The fact that you can play Live enabled Xbox games on the 360 against Xbox users is reassuring.

No one bitched when the Snes didn't play NES games, or when the Dreamcast didnt' play Saturn games. Backwards compatibility is something of a luxury in my eyes. Just because the PS2 has it does not make it an industry standard.

I'm happy with the 360 compatibility list for the time being as long as they keep their promise of adding more games to the list.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am totally shocked.... and IMPRESSED... and on top all games will be upscaled to 720p

Ninja Gaiden Black in 720p and no JAGS .... amazing..

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by PS2Hawk
    I am totally shocked.... and IMPRESSED... and on top all games will be upscaled to 720p

Ninja Gaiden Black in 720p and no JAGS .... amazing..
    Holy shit Hawk that reaction suprised me.

Yeah it's gonna be sweet.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's to hoping this list will grow, as some people would like to conserve space by having the 360 as opposed to the original (one of those people would be me). As of now, only 3 games I own are in that list (Darkwatch, NGBlack, Fable). Many mainstream titles appear to be currently ignored, so it's not just us that are going to be pissed off come launch day.

-Sailorneorune
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

honestly the xbox 360 is looking amazing.... the xbox is filled with shooters so I am not a fan of the console but 360 is getting much better games.. I am totally in love with the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I suppose this will be one advantage of having to wait for the console
    to launch here in Aus, the list should grow to hopefully incorperate Street fighter Anniversary collection!

I wonder if this list is small due to Region differences in certain game code? Having the console releasing worldwide might mean they where only able to get certain games to work across all regions.?