Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offical Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible list Released

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

No Jet Set Radio Future or The Warriors??

Ouch...

At least both Ninja Gaidens are backwards compatible. *phew!*

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's 213 compatible games. On Xbox.com, they list 769 titles under "Catalog." If accurate, that's about 27.7% of the Xbox catalog that is compatible with the Xbox 360. Frankly, this number is pathetic for a system that touts "backward compatibility" with a previous system's library.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaloup
    That's 213 compatible games. On Xbox.com, they list 769 titles under "Catalog." If accurate, that's about 27.7% of the Xbox catalog that is compatible with the Xbox 360. Frankly, this number is pathetic for a system that touts "backward compatibility" with a previous system's library.
    It's not an absolute list. They will constantly be adding emulators for download over the coming months, so the number should (hopefully) jump to well over what it's at now.

But more important to this issue, can the original Xbox communicate with the 360 in that you can transfer files from the old to the new? I'm certainly not restarting saves in any of these games.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

None of the Splinter Cells?! Army Men, Barbie's Horse Adventures, and BMX XXX among other floods of shitty games, but no Rayman 3 or Beyond Good & Evil?! No (well, okay, a few) Sega games? Shenmue II...where art thou.

Actually, I don't give a shit. To tell the truth, I hate backwards compatibility unless it significantly boosts graphical quality, shortens load times, and the successor console's controller is considerably more comfortable than its predecessor. The PS2 came along, for example, and rendered my PS1 useless. The PS2 didn't have a better controller, or better graphical quality for PS2 games...yet there was no reason not to play PS1 games on it.

I guess the main reason I hate backwards compatibility is because as a video game collector, I try to own every system, but it seems entirely stupid to own a PS1 when I own a PS2. Yet I do. I'm addicted to collecting.

I'm glad to see I'll still need my Xbox for games though, instead of it becoming a PS1 situation and just sitting there connected to one of my many switcher boxes and surge protectors but being unused. To tell the truth, even if the 360 was 100% backwards compatible, my modded Xbox would still get lots of use - Xbox Media Center's capabilities kick the shit out of the 360's media capabilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unlike most of you, I'm stunned it can play that many Xbox1 games.

When I read about the emu backwards compatibility, I *knew* it would be a hit and miss list (mostly miss), and indeed it is exactly that.

There about 4 titles I own in that list.

I'm sure it will grow. Hurry up and wait, those of you who expected backwards compatibility to be *real*.

What is most amusing to me is that most people I speak to (OSG customers) seem to 'expect' full backwards compatibility now, like it's some sort of established standard. I'd hardly call these consoles:

Atari 7800
    PS2
    (GameBoy is not a console)

an established standard upon which to expect the way consoles have been for 30 years to suddenly change.

If you have Xbox games that you really like, keep that Xbox.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Namco Museum X Next Generation <-- wtf is that

No DOOM 3?????

NO SNK games?!?!!

Where's my Capcom fighters?!?!

NO GUILTY GEAR?!

Oh fuck you mircosoft I'm keeping my Xbox for sure now! Thanks mircosoft! I saved $400 lol

I knew it! I knew Mircosoft was gonna screw us over somehow!

Oh and as for the lack of good Sega titles like Jet Set, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue 2, Phantasy Star. Another FUCK YOU! From my BIG FAT BLUE LOGO IN MY SIG! Suck it and suck it HARD!
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    Oh yeah, 720p, but damnit, wheres my 1080? I want to play the way my TV needs to damnit!

I have a Sony 51 inch HDTV, that takes native 720p signals and downconverts them to 480p! Can you believe that? Luckily, the XBOX 360 has it's own internal scaler, and it can convert 720p to 1080i internally before sending the signal to your TV. So if you have a TV that will display 1080i but not 720p, you're in luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh come on now, that list will grow. I bet by the time the Xbox 360 is released, over 85% of all Xbox games will be supported. Even if there are some problems at lauch, I bet you can download updates of the emulator.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Oh come on now, that list will grow. I bet by the time the Xbox 360 is released, over 85% of all Xbox games will be supported. Even if there are some problems at lauch, I bet you can download updates of the emulator.
    That's what everyone kept saying. I'm sure Mircosoft can come up with a better method to fix this. Plus like you said, there could be a patch update to correct this.

I'm just really ticked off right now. Typical of Mircosoft to do this kind of thing from time to time.

So we'll just wait and see. I'm just blowing off some stupid steam because I just don't like the direction it's heading. Sure I like the 360, yet what really makes me worried is do you know how many customers I am gonna have to tell this too? after we have promised them so much? Since I work for GameCrazy afterall.

Only 11 days left, will they know the feedback from the public on this issue? Probably. Only time will tell however

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

That list will for sure have to grow. That was hardly even a list. lol. I'm sure there will be software updates and there will be more and more games added.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know what's a trip?

During the time I had a PS2, I probably played a PS1 game on there maybe twice. If that. Whenever I wanted to play a Playstation game, I would always play it on a regular Playstation.

But I was actually looking forward to the backward compatibility of the 360. I was hoping that we would be able to play some of the big new releases. Actually, the more interesting issue, is not which games will work, but of the games that do work, how good do they work? Will it be a seamless experience? Will you know that your playing your games on a software based emulator? Or will it be smooth, and you won't even realize that your playing it off a emulator?

It's definitely going to be an interesting thing to watch. The cool thing is, that some games can actually be improved. Playing the original Halo in 16:9 and 720p is going to be pretty damn fun. Anybody got a copy of Halo 1 for super cheap?

At the end of the day, I really could give a rat's ass about BC. The only BC that I give a crap about, is that old XBOX game BC, that got delayed indefinitely. Hopefully that game will end up on the 360. But Backwards Compatibility was never a huge issue with me. I'm buying a 360 to play 360 games. I sold everything XBOX, and right now I'm looking for a used copy of Halo 1, because I want to play it in 16:9 and 720p. But that's about it. I'm going to be too wrapped up in a large number of 360 games to even really care about BC.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how the XBOX 1 games are going to run on the 360, though. I'll be curious about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

from the xbox site link:
    The folks at Xbox® are working hard to add more of your favorite games to this list, so check back often for the latest updates.

and the interview:
    Xbox.com: So what are the 200+ games that are backward compatible as of today?

Todd Holmdahl: It's simple: You can log onto Xbox.com/games for an up-to-date list of original Xbox games that run on Xbox 360. There are more than 200 titles as of today, and we will update you on a regular basis after launch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    Namco Museum X Next Generation <-- wtf is that

No DOOM 3?????

NO SNK games?!?!!

Where's my Capcom fighters?!?!

NO GUILTY GEAR?!

Oh fuck you mircosoft I'm keeping my Xbox for sure now! Thanks mircosoft! I saved $400 lol

I knew it! I knew Mircosoft was gonna screw us over somehow!

Oh and as for the lack of good Sega titles like Jet Set, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue 2, Phantasy Star. Another FUCK YOU! From my BIG FAT BLUE LOGO IN MY SIG! Suck it and suck it HARD!
    How is Microsoft "fucking" anybody? Sure, this list isn't as large as many hoped but as was already said, it'll grow in time. Besides, if you own many games not on this list then you obviously already own an original Xbox. So play your favorite unsupported games on the Xbox that you already own. No big deal, problem solved.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Well they have less than 2 weeks to get that 85% you seem so sure about.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ghouls & Ghosts - Hey, you work at GameCrazy, how many 360's are you guys getting it?

Reason I ask, is because I have a 360 reserved at two different GameCrazy locations. At one of them, I'm the very first person on the list, and I've paid completely in full. So I don't think there is any chance that I won't get that one. Some dude said his GameCrazy is only getting 4 of them, which is pretty ridiculous, but I consider that an absolute worst case scenario, and even then, I would still get mine considering I'm first.

But the other GameCrazy that I have one on hold at, I'm like the 21st person. I guess I'm going to have to check in with them next week and see if they heard anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn that ummm SUCKS

Its GOT to get better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking

How is Microsoft "fucking" anybody? Sure, this list isn't as large as many hoped but as was already said, it'll grow in time. Besides, if you own many games not on this list then you obviously already own an original Xbox. So play your favorite unsupported games on the Xbox that you already own. No big deal, problem solved.

Hold on, before you take that step, scroll up and re-read my next post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Ghouls & Ghosts - Hey, you work at GameCrazy, how many 360's are you guys getting it?

Reason I ask, is because I have a 360 reserved at two different GameCrazy locations. At one of them, I'm the very first person on the list, and I've paid completely in full. So I don't think there is any chance that I won't get that one. Some dude said his GameCrazy is only getting 4 of them, which is pretty ridiculous, but I consider that an absolute worst case scenario, and even then, I would still get mine considering I'm first.

But the other GameCrazy that I have one on hold at, I'm like the 21st person. I guess I'm going to have to check in with them next week and see if they heard anything.
    Good question, because I heard today that some stores are only getting about 7 to 10 per store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Holy Jesus, thanks for the big, "FUCK YOU" to Sega, Microsoft.
    Was thinking the same thing. Sega gave that system a bit of street cred. early in the consoles life. They made a Panzer Dragoon Xbox! It's a shame but i'm keeping my Xbox anyway.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did anyone here really expect 80-90% backward compatibility on the 360 at launch? I'm surprised this many games are BC. Just as long as I'm able to play Top Spin, I'll be happy.

OH SHIT! NO TOP SPIN??? BURN IN HELL MS!!!