Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB says you have to pay NOW for 360

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default EB says you have to pay NOW for 360

EB called my brother in law today and said his preorder of the 360 HAS to be paid for completely by next Wed. or they can't guarantee him a first shipment 360! We went tonight and paid it off but whats the deal with that? This was in Ohio.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

EB doesn't believe in preorders by date reserved, but by how much shit you pay for in advance. I bet you could walk into EB tomorrow, preorder an Xbox, pay in full for the system, 10 games and 5 accessories and get one at launch day.

It's a system launch, not too many people are going to flake out on their preorders, so I don't get why they're actually calling to make people pay in full a week before release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Screw EB's and GameCrazy

I was at EB's yesterday trying to trade GT4 for some other stuff, needless to say they wouldn't take it without the original box, guess what? I bought the damn game there used without the original box.

I won't be doing any more bissness at EB's. It's amazing to think about the amount a dough I've drop'd at those's places over the years.

Rant over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

ill pick up a 360 a few months after ive made out like a bandit on all the xbox and ps2 sales.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    ill pick up a 360 a few months after ive made out like a bandit on all the xbox and ps2 sales.
    word

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Default Re: EB says you have to pay NOW for 360

Quote Originally Posted by Spinbrett
    EB called my brother in law today and said his preorder of the 360 HAS to be paid for completely by next Wed. or they can't guarantee him a first shipment 360! We went tonight and paid it off but whats the deal with that? This was in Ohio.
    Whats the big deal with this? Then anyone and their mother could go up there and be like ok I wanna pre-order this and get it the same time as every one else. Why shouldn't you have to pay for it? Just my opinion...

I too am going to wait a long while until I get a 360 or even think about getting one, I'm still happy with my xbox...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Crap, but I see their point

It is crap, but they are just maximizing their sales for the open day. Systems are tightly allocated during the holidays. I know that EB and game crazy are going to be recieving way fewer systems than reserves. This a way to make sure someone who is not going to show up can give their system to someone who will pay for it. Again, it is crap, but it does not help to have an unsold system in the back that is "reserved", but is never picked up. I saw alot of this during the launch of the PS2.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

This dosnt really surprise me, mostly because of the high demand of the system and that its EB and they are just.........wierd?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricRyan34
    This dosnt really surprise me, mostly because of the high demand of the system and that its EB and they are just.........wierd?
    well i would say the demand for the syustem is not that high, it's more of them not having enough systems to meet demand which always happens with launch's in general

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Premium systems, maybe, but as if you couldn't just walk into anywhere on launch day and buy a core 360 without a reserve. I have a feeling that there are going to be plenty of unsold core systems everywhere.

Elderscrolls isn't coming out until next year and that game was my motivation to get one at launch.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingCobra
    I was at EB's yesterday trying to trade GT4 for some other stuff, needless to say they wouldn't take it without the original box, guess what? I bought the damn game there used without the original box.
    No, they can. They probably just didn't want to, because they are lazy.

OR! You were giving them lip, they didn't like you, you joked that the GT4 was stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothars
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRyan34
    well i would say the demand for the syustem is not that high, it's more of them not having enough systems to meet demand which always happens with launch's in general
    Then again, a launch of only 400k units is pretty low.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    Premium systems, maybe, but as if you couldn't just walk into anywhere on launch day and buy a core 360 without a reserve. I have a feeling that there are going to be plenty of unsold core systems everywhere.

Elderscrolls isn't coming out until next year and that game was my motivation to get one at launch.
    They are barely even making core systems. I'm sure enough people will be desperate enough for the system that they'll pay for the core system and just tack on whatever else they want at the same time.

Crazy though, I can't wait to see some guy paying $600 for a core system and all the accessories to make it a premium one.

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

money now = process system day of release = less inventory on hand = faster sell-through = faster replenishment = more money for company = more stores = bigger bonuses for senior execs...

In addition, they can now hit you up with additional replacement plan (not that if its broken they'll be able to get you one anytime soon), accessories, and more games and pre-orders because you've already plunked down the money. Oh and by the way "where are your trade-ins?" again over phone, when you come back in, and finally when you come to pick up your system. And don't forget the replacement guarantee on the games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default EBgames sucks

I pre-ordered an xbox 360 at the end of august and they called me last week and were like well we wont have one for you at release you'll have to wait like a little bit longer. I was like ok, but when i thought about i was pissed off. I had put $70 and reserved games and stuff and now they're telling my that they won't have one for me at release. I hate ebgames. Especially there used games. Why do they have to cover them in stickers?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah. I just talked to a friend who pre-ordered his. He told me the same thing as well. But he was ready to pay for it anyways.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guarantee - GUARANTEE - that some of those folks who have paid IN FULL will not see a 360 on launch day. I saw it happen with the PS2. I saw it happen with the Gamecube. And I've seen it with damn near every "hot" game that's been released.
    1. Store takes pre-orders, demanding that said game/system be paid for in full in advance.
    2. Whether game store gets orders for 5 or 1,500, they are allotted only "x" number of games/systems due to rationing out of high demand.
    3. First "x" number of pre-orderers through the doors that day gets to take home their new system.
    4. Many, MANY others who are out $400 remain pissed about it throughout the holiday season until their system finally arrives January 12th.
    5. I point and laugh my ass off throughout this whole affair.

Look, if you absolutely NEED to get a 360 (or a Tickle Me Elmo or Cabbage Patch Doll or whatever it the hot item this season), then take a chance to get one on launch day without putting any cash down. 'Cause I promise you, a lot of folks are NOT gonna get 'em, even if they paid up-front.

And I'll be the guy pointing a nd laughing.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can attest to the fact that not everyone who paid in full will see one at launch. I pre-ordered from my local EB on May 27th and paid my entire order (360 premium, SVid cable, HD-VGA cable, 2nd wireless controller, pplay & charge kit and Madden) in early September and did not make the cut at my local EB by about 4 people. Most of the people ahead of me on that list have still not paid in full either based on the notes they had pencilled in on their print outs. (some apparently don't even have the full $50 down anymore as the 3 of the notes said "$20")

However, I do take issue with EB fulfilling all orders taken online through August 30th when people who ordered months before that won't be getting their systems.
    Mostly Harmless

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, as a manager of an EB Games, I have a few things to say on the subject. Granted I'm not defending everyone, just trying to give some explanations.

1) The "Full-Pay Pickups first" is a store decision. I'm personally doing all of my systems first come/first serve on my pre-order list. Some of the stores are probably doing it to make sure their next allocations are large. Diatribal Deity said it right...mostly. Microsoft will determine how many 360s we get next by how fast we sell our first shipments and by or attachment rate, which is the amount of items sold with the system. If that's the case though, the attachment rate continues until the second shipment arrives so I don't know what they would be shifting around systems for. They probably are looking at it like "If they have a full pay system, then that's possibly more items they can buy with the system when they pick it up." It's crappy I know, that's why I'm not doing it, but if a store doesn't think they'll have all of thier pickups then they may need to do this to get a good amount of restock.

2) About the whole "They said I was getting a launch system and now I'm not" deal. That's Microsoft's fault. Each store recieved a set number of 360s they were going to get for launch a few months ago and that's what we pre-ordered by. Then last week or so they said, "Oh..sorry...you only actually have this many." I went from 50 systems at my store (the most in my district) to 26. So I called 24 people and broke the news to them. Believe me, I would have loved to get everyone thier systems on launch, but I have no control over it. From what I've heard, almost everystore, EB/Gamestop/Walmart/Target/etc got thier original shipments cut down by some. I personally blame it on the World-Wide launch. I just don't think they planned enough ahead for it.

3) Not taking a trade-in without the original box? That's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard of. There's so much focus on pre-played trade dollars and units and what-not...I take everything I can get. The EB guy was on crack. Seriously...we make new boxes for games daily.

4) Core systems. Yeah, I was hoping to have some extras lying around for random sales...but nope. Most stores in my district are getting 15-23 or so ultimates. I have 5 Core system pre-orders, so does most everyone else...how many am I and all my other stores getting? That's right...1 each.

5) Covering games in stickers. I hate that more than just about anything I have to do at work, especially on hard to find games. Customers always have to face the up-sell though. So my options are getting yelled at by my boss and my boss's boss everytime they come in the store or slapping some stickers on stuff. Mostly though, you can get all the stickers off it you heat them up with a hair dryer slightly and take your time peeling them off.

6) Online orders going first...yeah I agree that's a bitch. But it's the same deal. Those super expensive bundles that people had to buy though is why. How pissed are some of you that you can't get your $400 launch system. Imagina how pissed someone is over thier $700 system w/ games they didn't even get to choose themselves not showing up on launch. It's the same attachment thing though. They are selling a system + 7 extra items with each one which will way boost up our attachment percentages as a company which translates into more systems later.

Holy crap this got long. Sorry, it just irriitates me when someone else isn't doing thier jobs right and then makes me look bad. Some of us EB *cough Gamestop* employees are actually gamers too!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stupid crap like this is the reason I am waiting outside at Circuit City on launch night to get mine.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver03
    Well, as a manager of an EB Games, I have a few things to say on the subject. Granted I'm not defending everyone, just trying to give some explanations.

1) The "Full-Pay Pickups first" is a store decision. I'm personally doing all of my systems first come/first serve on my pre-order list. Some of the stores are probably doing it to make sure their next allocations are large. Diatribal Deity said it right...mostly. Microsoft will determine how many 360s we get next by how fast we sell our first shipments and by or attachment rate, which is the amount of items sold with the system. If that's the case though, the attachment rate continues until the second shipment arrives so I don't know what they would be shifting around systems for. They probably are looking at it like "If they have a full pay system, then that's possibly more items they can buy with the system when they pick it up." It's crappy I know, that's why I'm not doing it, but if a store doesn't think they'll have all of thier pickups then they may need to do this to get a good amount of restock.

2) About the whole "They said I was getting a launch system and now I'm not" deal. That's Microsoft's fault. Each store recieved a set number of 360s they were going to get for launch a few months ago and that's what we pre-ordered by. Then last week or so they said, "Oh..sorry...you only actually have this many." I went from 50 systems at my store (the most in my district) to 26. So I called 24 people and broke the news to them. Believe me, I would have loved to get everyone thier systems on launch, but I have no control over it. From what I've heard, almost everystore, EB/Gamestop/Walmart/Target/etc got thier original shipments cut down by some. I personally blame it on the World-Wide launch. I just don't think they planned enough ahead for it.

3) Not taking a trade-in without the original box? That's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard of. There's so much focus on pre-played trade dollars and units and what-not...I take everything I can get. The EB guy was on crack. Seriously...we make new boxes for games daily.

4) Core systems. Yeah, I was hoping to have some extras lying around for random sales...but nope. Most stores in my district are getting 15-23 or so ultimates. I have 5 Core system pre-orders, so does most everyone else...how many am I and all my other stores getting? That's right...1 each.

5) Covering games in stickers. I hate that more than just about anything I have to do at work, especially on hard to find games. Customers always have to face the up-sell though. So my options are getting yelled at by my boss and my boss's boss everytime they come in the store or slapping some stickers on stuff. Mostly though, you can get all the stickers off it you heat them up with a hair dryer slightly and take your time peeling them off.

6) Online orders going first...yeah I agree that's a bitch. But it's the same deal. Those super expensive bundles that people had to buy though is why. How pissed are some of you that you can't get your $400 launch system. Imagina how pissed someone is over thier $700 system w/ games they didn't even get to choose themselves not showing up on launch. It's the same attachment thing though. They are selling a system + 7 extra items with each one which will way boost up our attachment percentages as a company which translates into more systems later.

Holy crap this got long. Sorry, it just irriitates me when someone else isn't doing thier jobs right and then makes me look bad. Some of us EB *cough Gamestop* employees are actually gamers too!
    Quick questions?
    1 If you are doing a first come first serve why did you call the 24 of the 50.

2 Why is eb still taking preorders like there is a chance? I watch a guy yesterday take a preorder at eb for xbox games play and charge without telling the guy there is no way in the world he is getting one on launch day.

3: Every eb and gamestop always said this (If you want to guarantee yourself a system at launch you better preorder your system with a deposit. This guarantees you a system at launch)
    The key word here is guarantee. I as a consumer don't want to here violin stories I want what was promised. that is corporate greed for you. You see people want the launch systems that is why companies can blow people off.

If they were really credible they would offer you something for getting bumped off the guarantee list.

One more thing on a deeper note if you add up all the preorder deposit money that is sitting in eb and gamestop coffers they are making a mint off the interest.

I know that it is all about the company sending the supplies
    but the gamestore definately exploit the situation.
    neo geo system