Thread: EB says you have to pay NOW for 360

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    Quick questions?

2 Why is eb still taking preorders like there is a chance? I watch a guy yesterday take a preorder at eb for xbox games play and charge without telling the guy there is no way in the world he is getting one on launch day.
    Usually when someone asks me if they can still preorder, I tell them the earliest we could get them a system is after January 1st 2006. Right off the bat, and just like that. Straight face and all.

Or at least I used to. Our EB stopped taking preorders like almost immediately after the cut. I suppose we could still take them, but I don't really see the point. After the holidays, everyone will be broke and hopefully sated somewhat. The xbox 360s will still be coming out, to the stores with preorders and whatnot, so finding them won't be "as impossible" as it will be between launch and December 24th.

Oh yeah, gepeto, unless you heard the entire conversation from greeting to the preorder to the farewell expression, don't assume they didn't mention that the preorder wouldn't be for launch. Or maybe it would. Maybe all of their preorders canceled. Maybe indeed!!
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The two Gamecrazy's I went to today told me that they will each be getting under 20 units for launch. Depending on how many add-ons the customers buy with them will determine how quickly Microsoft will send them more supplies (360's). So there are gonna be many pissed off people. At one store the guy told me 80 people preordered a system and they are only getting 19 of them.
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quick questions?
    1 If you are doing a first come first serve why did you call the 24 of the 50.
    I didn't expain that very well. What I was getting at was that it's first come first serve as far as the date people pre-ordered, not how much money you have on it. So the oldest date gets his system first, the second oldest gets his system next...etc...

So I called the first 26 people to confirm they were still getting thier systems. I called the next 24 to say that we were shorted and that the would be in-llne for restock.

2 Why is eb still taking preorders like there is a chance? I watch a guy yesterday take a preorder at eb for xbox games play and charge without telling the guy there is no way in the world he is getting one on launch day.
    I took pre-orders based on the 50 systems I was supposed to get at launch. Number 51 and beyond was told "you will not get a launch system, but will you will be in line for any restock before it goes on the shelves." People were still pre-ordering hoping they would get a system before x-mas, but they were told (at least by me) that thier system would not be a launch system and we could not guarantee them before x-mas.

I can't speak for everyone else's stores, that's just how I run mine.

3: Every eb and gamestop always said this (If you want to guarantee yourself a system at launch you better preorder your system with a deposit. This guarantees you a system at launch)
    The key word here is guarantee. I as a consumer don't want to here violin stories I want what was promised. that is corporate greed for you. You see people want the launch systems that is why companies can blow people off.
    That's why I personally called all of my pre-orders until I talked to each one of them. To let them know the situation and rectify that to the best of my ability. Be that refunds, transfers to other items, keeping their pre-orders for restock...whatever. I'm not just going to let them show up on launch day and tell them, "Sorry, didn't get enough...go home."

You say "as a consumer you don't want to hear violin stories". No ones does, but crap happens. If you really want to complain, then take it to Microsoft. Alot of stores pre-ordered what they did based on what they told us. We were just as upset by it as you are.

If they were really credible they would offer you something for getting bumped off the guarantee list.
    Like what? A free pony and a lollipop? Would it be better if you had no idea or any guess at all of the situation and we just took orders and said, "This systems will be released on 11-22-05, but you'll get one when you get one."? Some of us did our best to keep customers informed. All I'm saying is don't blame all the actions of the few or the one.

One more thing on a deeper note if you add up all the preorder deposit money that is sitting in eb and gamestop coffers they are making a mint off the interest.

I know that it is all about the company sending the supplies
    but the gamestore definitely exploit the situation.
    It's better than the alternative of watching people literally step on each other for the next 4 months trying to get that last 360 on the shelf.