Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a 360 on launch without a pre-order,need camp advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Well it looks like I'm camping out. I'm number 34 on my pre-order list at gamecrazy, they are telling me the third shipment.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If all else fails, just go to Sears and buy a 360 there. I don't think anyone realizes they sell video games anymore, so there should be plenty to go around.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol, or just chill and wait a month or two, and they will be everywhere. I mean, its the same games you are already playing, with better graphics basically. Don't get me wrong, I will buy one ( I buy every system), but I find that if I wait about 5 months or so, they generally drop in price, and fix all the problems with them (and we ARE talking Microsoft here ).

I can understand the desire to have one asap, but personally, the day I camp out for a video game is the day I need to start looking for a life

But, good luck to you all! Maybe Truimph the Insult dog will go to one of the lines like he did Star Wars..lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EnemyZero
    hmm im going with my friend, now seeing as how like the first 3 shipments at every store is gone , there will most likely be a big turn out, so we are going to do a drive by around midnight to see if a line is gathering, and hang out in the vicinity or so untill we catch a line forming
    Come on man! You don't have to shoot anybody over an XBOX360!
    Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My suggestion (from experience) is to just wait in ur car until a couple minutes before the store opens, and when it opens.. Just enter through the exit door and run.. Always works ;)

of course you can always wait outside.. Around here, the weather aint that bad.. The weather feels like spring still so id wait outside for like half an hour before just in case

PS Best buy is ur best bet for avalibility... Either that or costco (who will probably bundle their systems if u dont mind that)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Back when PS2 launched, I cut class and went to Best Buy an hour away. I arrived there at 5 am, and there was quite a line. As Anthony1 mentioned, they handed out tickets, one per system. There were quite a few people in front of me, but luckily I got one of the tickets. I would say they had between 75-100 PS2 systems. I did see someone sell a ticket to someone else who didn't get one for $100. Since it was a Best Buy in a somewhat backwoods part of the state, I guess there wasnt too much hype over its release. Good luck with getting your 360

PSN: SouthRox

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    If all else fails, just go to Sears and buy a 360 there. I don't think anyone realizes they sell video games anymore, so there should be plenty to go around.
    I was at my Sears last week, and more than one employee told me that in all likelyhood they wouldn't have any launch systems. They didn't carry the PSP until two months after its release, and there were plenty of those to go around at launch. I could just be my Sears doesn't move a lot of videogame related mechandise, so they don't bother ordering much, but you'd think an item as hot as the 360 would get a FEW systems in-store on launch. I plan on going there anyways if I get snowed everywhere else.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector