Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Seller charging me $125 for shipping!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by video_game_addict
    Quote Originally Posted by captain nintendo
    Wait until the last hour of the last day to leave the negative feedback so he doesnt have time to retaliate

And damn !!!!! I think you cant flat rate ship all of those psx games in a big priority mail box for under 10 bucks ? (in th U.S.)
    There is no 90 day time limit as some people tend to think and spread false rumors about on these boards. There is no safe time to file negative feedback.
    Who's spreading false rumors? It's a FACT you can leave feedback for up to 90 days and then you can't after that. I've done it. Time it right and you can stick someone with a negative and they can't get you back.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by captain nintendo
    Wait until the last hour of the last day to leave the negative feedback so he doesnt have time to retaliate

And damn !!!!! I think you cant flat rate ship all of those psx games in a big priority mail box for under 10 bucks ? (in th U.S.)
    There is no 90 day time limit as some people tend to think and spread false rumors about on these boards. There is no safe time to file negative feedback.
    Who's spreading false rumors? It's a FACT you can leave feedback for up to 90 days and then you can't after that. I've done it. Time it right and you can stick someone with a negative and they can't get you back.
    I'm sorry but you are wrong. Ebay states that feedback can be left for at least 90 days. It doesn't mean that it ends on some midnight hour after exactly 90 days has past. People have thought this, but it's been proven wrong. I know some users here have mentioned & linked to feedback that was posted 120 days after the end of the auction. I believe it will work for as long as the auction stays in the database. Which as clickable links in your history is only around 90 days, but as long as you can recall the item number & bidder/seller ids, it can be posted well after. Most auctions stay in the database for close to 6 months. I know mine are just falling off from May, but most of June is still searchable. So I can still go back and leave feedback for auctions well over the 90 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, I think it is extremely cowardly to back out of sale. You won the auction, therefore you must agree to the terms of the auction, or be held in fault. If it states that he doesn't combine shipping, then it is 100% your fault. You should have asked the seller explicitly before bidding if he would wave this policy.

That being said, if he does indeed ship everything in the same package, then you have a valid complaint, and he has violated the terms of his auction, and you can legitamitely claim foul.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know some users here have mentioned & linked to feedback that was posted 120 days after the end of the auction. I believe it will work for as long as the auction stays in the database.
    Thank you! I was about to do 90 day "trick", but missed it with 1 day. Now its been like 95 days and I manualy wrote in the sellers ID and auction number. Guess what, I did leave feedback

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just for the Records:

Last time I bought from japangamestock, I got like 3 Saturns, 2 PS, 1 NeoGeo CD, 1 NeoGeo AES and like 35 Saturn games for $180, EMS from Japan to my doorstep in Mexico... and it was indeed the box of a mini bar
    ...No more, it's over, I'm on to you and your evil games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats fucked up!!! There is no way...it would cost that to ship 20 PSX games.

I would never pay that...NEVER. The seller is a retard.

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like someone earlier said pay for each auction indivdually and if the seller combines all of the auction items in one package then make a claim with ebay/paypal that you never received the other 19 packages. Since he won't compromise I don't see why you have to either. You are paying to have all of the items sent to you in seperate packages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two wrongs don't make a right. So when he lies to PayPal to get his money back would you then have him send the games back to the seller since he got his money back or are you suggesting that he robs him?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

How is it lying?

The seller said that he does'nt combine shipping. Hence, everything is going to get mailed in SEPERATE packages, according to his OWN WORDS. I assume that means one game each box....someone out there care to disagree with me on that?

So if he got 25 games, he should get 25 packages.

Now, if he only gets ONE packaage, he's perfectly in his right to claim to both EBay and PayPal that he never GOT 25 packages -- that he only got one! And he would be right!

Nowhere does it say how many games would be in each package.....even EBay could look at the 'don't combine shipping' line and say 'one game for each package', then.

So, the seller then gets a huge refund for the 'missing' packages, and he keeps the one that had the games, for a fair price.

I have NO problem doing that if it happened to me, since the seller wants to be a ass, I'll be one right back.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Two wrongs don't make a right. So when he lies to PayPal to get his money back would you then have him send the games back to the seller since he got his money back or are you suggesting that he robs him?
    Like Soulbalzer said. It really is a case of semantics and the seller is the one who initiated this madness in the first place. An eye for an eye says I!

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

unfortunately buyer didn't read all informations regarding his shipping tactics (they are totally unfair, but he's not the only one who's trying to get some extra money for nothing out of shipping costs), so I guess you're stuck and you should pay for this ridiculous shipping, because thats what you agreed by bidding on his auctions.

you've gained experience
    and thats priceless ^_~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

So what are you going to do? Pay him or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    How is it lying?
    If the buyer receives one box with 20 games in it and he claims he only received one game then that's a lie. I don't know how you can call it anything else.

Receiving all 20 games and then claiming that you only received one of them in order to get your money back for the other 19 is considered mail fraud which could land a person in jail. Great advice.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Receiving all 20 games and then claiming that you only received one of them in order to get your money back for the other 19 is considered mail fraud which could land a person in jail. Great advice.
    Someone pulled this lame ass stunt on me awhile ago. What the idiot didn't realized is that I used UPS, and had the tracking number, which I didn't give him. It said it was received by the person, and signed for at their site.

I emailed him back with the tracking number and told him, jail is not the place you want to go to my friend.

That was the last time I heard from him again. I owned that dumbass bitch.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's also a lie that it cost $125 to ship one package. Seller is required to ship all the items in seperate packages not just one if the seller does not combine shipping. As long as the seller does what he is supposed to, ship all the items seperate, then their is no problem on either end. Maybe the seller needs to learn an important lesson as well. The seller can't admit he shipped them all in one package to ebay because they will be able to verify that the seller charged shipping seperately for each item.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers the Wonder Cat
    Someone pulled this lame ass stunt on me awhile ago. What the idiot didn't realized is that I used UPS, and had the tracking number, which I didn't give him. It said it was received by the person, and signed for at their site.

I emailed him back with the tracking number and told him, jail is not the place you want to go to my friend.

That was the last time I heard from him again. I owned that dumbass bitch.
    I am guessing you offered a combined shipping option and did not make the buyer pay shipping for each item in the package? This seller is trying to do the fee avoidance thing and I think Ebay will not be very happy when they find out.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think Ebay will give a damn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the seller kind of got screwed in all this. He never intended for one person to win 20 of his items and then try to combine shipping. The only way he was going to make money on the auctions was for 20 different people to win and each pay some rather high shipping to make up for the low cost of the games.
    Wanted and willing to fairly pay for:
    Final Fantasy III Hat/Cap (Official Squaresoft)
    Philips CDI 740
    NTSC Proto of Daze Before Christmas (SNES)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by number6
    It's also a lie that it cost $125 to ship one package. Seller is required to ship all the items in seperate packages not just one if the seller does not combine shipping.

As long as the seller does what he is supposed to, ship all the items seperate, then their is no problem on either end. Maybe the seller needs to learn an important lesson as well. The seller can't admit he shipped them all in one package to ebay because they will be able to verify that the seller charged shipping seperately for each item.
    Again, any reasonable person would ship them all together with a reasonable shipping fee but again, as far as I know eBay doesn't have a rule stating that he can't charge you a shipping fee for each auction individually and then ship them all together. If I'm wrong then please post a link to it for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Quote Originally Posted by Nes
    I think the seller kind of got screwed in all this. He never intended for one person to win 20 of his items and then try to combine shipping. The only way he was going to make money on the auctions was for 20 different people to win and each pay some rather high shipping to make up for the low cost of the games.
    I agree with you. That's the reason he sells them so cheap. It's not his fault you bought them all from him. Sorry but that's the way people make money on ebay, with higher shipping costs.