It's been awhile since we've changed things up here, allow me to explain.

As of five minutes ago, the old general "Video Gaming" forum was re-named "Classic Gaming" and this new forum "Modern Gaming" was born. While we're not fans of splitting forums up into tiny pieces, this simple division will allow people interested in ONLY the new stuff to chat away about the latest games and industry developments in the modern section. Meanwhile, the historians and long-time gamers can continue to reminisce about the games of yesteryear in the classic section.

I fought this off for as long as I could, but with the burst in new systems and an influx of members really keen to talk about them, it seems the time is now to satisfy both sides. And if you happen to be an "all era, all system" gamer like myself and most of the moderators, it's just one extra forum to check out. We spend most of our days clicking links here anyway so what's one more link to click, right?

I tried to make it as simple as possible, with PS2 being the cutoff point. This cutoff point will obviously change over time, and as systems are phased out they'll jump over the fence from the modern area to the classic area and away we go.

Hope you enjoy the change!