Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Default Jacky Boy get's the boot

Jack Thompson has formally been booted off of the Strickland Sony case for misconduct. Although Jack had made a request to widthdrawl from the case, Judge Moore rejected it and then approved the Defenses motion to remove him from the case.

His spotlight has offically burnt out. Logic 1 Jack Thompson 0.

----------------------------

From Gamepolitics.com:
    BREAKING NEWS: Jack Thompson Thrown off Alabama Case by Judge

For video gamers, it is the trial of the century... and a shocking development has just happened this afternoon.

In Strickland vs. Sony, the survivors of two police officers and a police dispatcher killed by GTA player Devin Moore were suing Sony, Take-Two, Rockstar, Wal-Mart, GameStop and killer Moore for damages. The plaintiffs were led by controversial anti-game crusader Jack Thompson.

GP readers may recall that on November 3rd a hearing was held on pre-trial motions in the case before Circuit Court Judge James Moore in Fayette County, Alabama, where the murders occurred.

During that hearing, attorneys for the video game industry argued that Thompson's Pro Hac Vice (visiting) admission to the Alabama Bar should be revoked for a variety of alleged misconduct's on Thompson's part. Although the defense claims about Thompson seemed to resonate with the Judge, he did not rule at that time.

Three days later, Thompson, now back in Florida, shocked the gaming world by announcing that he was withdrawing from the case.

"The other side wants to make me the issue," he told GamePolitics at the time. The important thing is that the clients be served."

It appeared that Thompson's longtime friend and colleague Ray Reiser would take over for him in the Strickland case.

Today, however, in a blistering 18-page decision, Judge Moore excoriated Thompson's professional conduct, and rejected his attempt to withdraw from the case. Instead, the Judge revoked Thompson's Pro Hac Vice admission, essentiually removing him from the case.

Thompson has respnded with a letter to Alabama's Judicial Inquiry Commission, questioning Judge Moore's ethics.

More to follow.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Moving this to Modern Gaming.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Although Jack had made a request to widthdrawl from the case, Judge Moore rejected it and then approved the Defenses motion to remove him from the case.
    That is just plain comedy gold right there.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Huh...I didn't think you could do that. Not that I'm complaining or anything...it probably amuses me most that his response was yet another personal attack on a colleague - the guy just doesn't seem to want to learn.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    Huh...I didn't think you could do that. Not that I'm complaining or anything...it probably amuses me most that his response was yet another personal attack on a colleague - the guy just doesn't seem to want to learn.
    Jack Thompson is lisenced to practise law in Florida so inorder to practise it in Alabama he has to obtain Pro Hac status. What the Judge did today was revoke that status on ethical ground and therefore Jack can't practise law in Alabama and is removed from the case.

I love it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

I am hoping that Jack Thompson's eventual implosion will be televised for all to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stressboy
    I am hoping that Jack Thompson's eventual implosion will be televised for all to see.
    LOL