Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What modern games are you playing? Daily check :)

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still playing Age of Empires III for PC. Good stuff, even if ESO sucks absolute ass.

Finished Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal yesterday night. I enjoyed it, even if it got a little bit repetetive. Good buy for $20.

Also played a bit of Super Smash Brothers Melee multiplayer. Not really a fan, but my friends seem to enjoy it...too damn cheap for my tastes.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I received and actually played Friends: The One With All The Trivia. Yes, you may mock me now.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop
    Whats with all these people 4-6 games each day? I only play one at a time. Right now I 'm playing Doom3 Xbox.
    For me at least it is that when I get stuck at a game, I don't feel like I should be sitting there trying to get through it if I don't have any ideas. I'll stop, play something else for a while and then come back.

The DS is the ultimate system for me because it is portable and has two games in it by default. I'll take it with me to places I know I'll be sitting and waiting at, and I don't have to worry about carrying games in my pocket for it and getting them all dusty

For my update, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga has definitely taken over the most of my time. According to it, I have now played for about 10 hours, which is an amazing amount of time for me to game on anything in a couple weeks.

I finally figured my way back out of Mario DS too, and now I'm on a new level altogether. I only tried to beat it twice yesterday, so I'll be back at that in just a little while too.

I'm hoping to complete both of those games by the end of the weekend. Paper Mario will probably be up as my next console title to complete, and probably Rayman on the DS and Mario Vs. DK on the GBA. In fact, I am planning on looking up in an FAQ how to beat the level I've been stuck on in that, and that might be beat sooner than that. For so long, it was so simple to me. I had amassed about 50 lives and hadn't died more than once on a level. Suddenly, I hit one level that I just can't figure out, and I've spent 20 lives so far doing it. That's gotta change.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Painkiller (PC)
    Call of Duty 2 (PC)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PDZ, Smash TV (xbl).
    Currently Playing: Limbo, CoD: MW2
    XBL: Kazaam McFresh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I pulled out World Series Baseball 2K3, one of the last baseball games I bought for my PS2, just to mess with it for awhile. I was pretty rusty and still almost won. I may play another game tomorrow.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been on a Dreamcast tear for the last 3 weeks, playing yet another new character (HUcast) in the original PSO. I pick up my new LCD hi-def TV tonight and eagerly want to see a Dreamcast running on LCD. Just for curiousity's sake. I've seen an Xbox on one already, so no biggy there.

I played the demo disc from the new OPM last night. LOVED the Kong vs the T-Rex battle. My 4 yr old son was so enthralled that we played it twice. It's like playing a cutscene. Cleverly done indeed.

My Mario Kart DS bundle should finally arrive today, so I'm going to be all about that thing for the next few weeks. My consoles won't see much use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last week over the Thanksgiving break...

- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. I finally finished everything possible in the game, getting every item, monster, and leveling up each character to level 99.

- Perfect Dark Zero. Haven't played the story mode as much as I'd like too, too much Xbox Live madness going on at my house... I think I'm only at the 5th mission.

- Kameo: Elements of Power. I've been playing this game on and off as well. Just got to the underwater dungeon tonight.

- Call of Duty 2. I've just been playing this on Xbox Live.

- Ridge Racer 6. Big RR fan but I don't have the time. Only played online once. I'm a huge fan of the PSP version and I'm happy with what Namco did for the 360 version.

- Tekken 5. I ALWAYS play this game when friends are around... we play this game at the national level of competition. Fun stuff.

- Soul Calibur III. Messing around with it here and there. Playing VS mode only though.

- Guitar Hero. Always a crowd pleaser. This game is just good fun.

That's about it for now.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    Last week over the Thanksgiving break...

- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. I finally finished everything possible in the game, getting every item, monster, and leveling up each character to level 99.

- Perfect Dark Zero. Haven't played the story mode as much as I'd like too, too much Xbox Live madness going on at my house... I think I'm only at the 5th mission.

- Kameo: Elements of Power. I've been playing this game on and off as well. Just got to the underwater dungeon tonight.

- Call of Duty 2. I've just been playing this on Xbox Live.

- Ridge Racer 6. Big RR fan but I don't have the time. Only played online once. I'm a huge fan of the PSP version and I'm happy with what Namco did for the 360 version.

- Tekken 5. I ALWAYS play this game when friends are around... we play this game at the national level of competition. Fun stuff.

- Soul Calibur III. Messing around with it here and there. Playing VS mode only though.

- Guitar Hero. Always a crowd pleaser. This game is just good fun.

That's about it for now.
    I like Guitar Hero also, got to play it at my friend's house it really is very fun and very innovative

Hope to buy it soon.

Playing...

Call of Duty 2 (PC)
    The Movies (PC)
    Morrowind (PC)
    Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (DS)
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (XBOX)
    Far Cry: Instincts DEMO (XBOX)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since my PS2 is hooked up now, I'm going to be playing it for awhile. Today I played another game of World Series Baseball 2K3 and High Heat Basebell 2004. Boy, after playing MVP Baseball, those games seem a bit primitive. Next I might play some Rumble Roses and Dog's Life...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PDZ- Taking my sweet ass time through single player. Been playing mostly online multi, slowly getting the aimming down. Damn fun online game.

Smash TV- Beat it solo (shit, after 30 continues I'd suspect). Played some online (got the co-op acheivement). Got all of the other acheivements aside from the seemingly impossible 'Master' acheivements. Can anyone really beat the entire game without using a continue? Seems literally impossible.

Feeling like starting one of the many RPGs I have on the backlog. Thinking Tales Of Symphonia or FFX-2, or FFVI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last night I played some wrestling on my PS2...Rumble Roses (as I mentiioned I might) and WWE SmackDown: Here Comes The Pain.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS2: Just started Gungrave: Overdose, slowly working on Shadow Hearts

Xbx: Still Life, again just started it really. I'm really liking it so far though. Playing Raze's Hell on the side for visceral thrills.

Gcn: Halfway through Killer 7, alternating with Metroid Prime 2. Damn underwater fish boss has me sooo mad...

DS: Coming up on endgame in Lost In Blue. This one's priority, as my GF wants to play it. I"ve got Astro Boy: Omega Factor in the GBA slot, finally made it to Chapter 8. Damn but that's a fine game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Call of Duty 2 (PC)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On Thursday, I only played an hour or 90 minutes and it was all Rumble Roses...I even won a match! I guess it pays to read that instruction manual I think on Friday (okay, later today) I'll play some Hot Shots Golf Fore!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Must... still... beat... Mario & Luigi. I'm in the final stage. It's AWESOME all the cameos that are in this game. Without spoiling anything, the best thing is the one enemy that shoots at you with a SNES Super Scope!

When I beat this tomorrow, I'm planning on moving back into Mario DS until I beat that, and probably starting Lunar: GBA. I'd also like to beat Paper Mario (GCN) as I just ordered Paper Mario (N64) and want to play it too before hitting up Partners in Time.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Assloads of DS games!!!

My Mario Kart DS bundle FINALLY came in!!

I started my Nintendog to the part where she "sits" by voice command. I'm going to sit down with Sprung later. Then all of the other games.

I'm also looking at my Xbox library over again on my new LCD Hi-def TV. What a difference. It's like I have entirely new games. I highly recommend one of these TVs.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still playing lots of PDZ on XBL. Some Smash TV here and there. Downloaded the Zuma trial version, fun addictive little game. Received Condemned in the mail from Gamefly. So far I'm loving it, great atmosphere, and superb combat. I love the obscene crap the junkies yell out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Call of Duty 2 (PC)
    Far-Cry (PC)
    Counter Strike (PC)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I got my very first GBA game...not surprising since I don't own a Game Boy Advance. I did buy a Nintendo DS about a month ago, though, and it can play GBA games. I was asking about a good baseball game for the GBA since they've yet to introduce one for the DS and Baseball Advance was recommended to me. It was hard to find but I was able to track one down and it arrived today. I just started playing it and I stink...I'll have to practice some and even study the instructions a bit. This isn't a real new game since my Pirates roster includes Pat Meares, Francisco Cordova and (ack!) Derek Bell??? I wonder if there's trading in this game...