Thread: Any midnight sales xbox 360??

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any midnight sales xbox 360??

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any store doing a midnight sale for the XBOX 360?
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ummm...

EB Games is, but all their systems have been preordered...
    Walmart is open 24 hours...

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Walmart is for sure in the 24hr stores. Target opens at 8am, bestbuy opens at 9am.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well the video games etc. are going to have a midnight sale, but they're a local store to eastern iowa. thats where ill be getting mine.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's too bad, I don't have a 24 hour walmart near me. I'll have to hit up bestbay after work I guess. The good thing is, the best buys near me will all be getting in 100 or more systems. There are about 4 very close by, one further down the city will have 234. That will be my last resort though.
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I know Circuit City is opening at 9 for the release, but for the late night opening, if you've got a preorder your local GS/EB Possibly will be doing the midnight thing. Otherwise your gonna need to hit up a WalMart or Meijers or some other super chain that has a 24hour store. I know some Targets are 24 hours, those would be doing that too.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A little birdy tells me that every Meijer (for us Michigan, Ohio, Indiana or Tennessee residents) store has received between 6 and 12 units. That's not a lot, but find the store in the poorest, crappiest district in your town, and Voila! A lot more reliable than rolling the dice at Best Buy or EBGames

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If you want one from a Target, you have about a 100% chance of picking up a console if you go wait outside of the store NOW. (I really don't care for the XBox360, I've spent some time with the demo units and I'm unimpressed with any titles coming down the pipe for the first 8 months)

From my experence with the PS2 overnight line (8 1/2 hours) and the GameCube line (10 hours) in front of Targets I can tell you this...

The PS2 lines were the phenomenon of the last generation, and proof that the original PlayStation was as impactful to the industry as the NES. Don't expect lines like that, maybe with the PS3 (no fanboyism intended). The gaming gods made that October 26th a special night, hell it rained nearly everywhere in the US coast to coast that night. I was 12th in that line (of 93 consoles) and I got into it at 11:30pm the night before, just after coming off work there.

The GameCube lines were VERY different. People started to line up at like 6pm but I had a friend and coworker who was closing that night (I set myself up for the morning shift the day before and then had the next day off, ahh the perks of Electronics 3) make up this crap story about them being at the doors during business hours being a fire evacuation hazard. So the executives couldn't argue with him and assets protection dispersed the crowd. The "crowd" came back at 10pm but that was really just me and a bunch of my friends. We basically had a launch party in front of the store all night, a real line didn't form until about 6am, there were 96 consoles, I was 1st.

I'd say with the manufacturing errors with the XBox360 recently cutting quantities down, the sweet spot for getting a console in one of the Target lines is going to be in the middle of the two scenarios described above.

Oh, as for the original XBox launch, there were a grand total of six people that hung out overnight and we had our original launch allocation until two days later. No, I no longer work for Target Corporation.

Oh, and for the hell of it, here are some pictures from the video shot on GameCube launch night...

"Cube Count" tare-off sign, constructed from the XBox display box.

Ahh, me in my younger days.

For it being so cold and all of us hopped up on Korean RedBull, we still amazingly were able to make hourly video updates.

We patched into a powerbox for the parking lot lights at the bottom of a lightpost across from the front of the store, so with a nice long extension cord we had power to run computers, TV, DVD, Dreamcast (with plenty of fighting imports), etc.

The line may have been really just the 12 or so of us throughout the night but once the sun came up the rush came on.

If you're going to be in an overnight XBox360 line take some pictures and make a thread for it!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My Gamestop down the road plans on having a line outside tonight. There are only 10 systems total. The first 10 people who reserved it are getting it, regardless if they show up at midnight or not. They have 24-48 hours to pick it up. Everyone else will be turned away.

I will see if I can make it out. Crazy people waiting in the cold for a $400 video game system. :P
    #vbender

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THere's a 24hour Walmart close to me that I'm sure will do a midnight sale, but that's about it. Everywhere else it's 8am - 9am openings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Yea, a bunch of Eb games and Gamestops near me are having midnight sales. Every other store is opened regular hours.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hitting the Wal*Mart near me. I heard they are letting people line up around 4 this afternoon :/

I plan on showing up around 9 or 10 and seeing how the line is. I know my Wal Mart has 25 units. 13 premium and 12 core.

If I cant get one on luanch night then at least I still have my pre order from Game Stop.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i know my store (virgin) is doing a midnight sale, which makes me think that all virgins are but i know we only got 6 in 4 deluxe 2 core, and i know that we are making customers buy 3 games with it in order to get the system (i know worst policy ever, we had 2 games with psp at launch) but yah ill deff. be picking mine up right after my shift ends tonight bringing it home and partying it up with a bunch of friends! w0000
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring