Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walmart is going to cause riots w/their 360 rules!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

The only system launch I ever attended was the Gamecube's, back in 2001. Since the Wal-Mart I was at was in a small town, there weren't too many people in line, and at about 10 o clock, they actually assigned us all numbers and just told us to come back around midnight.

But I can't see myself doing it again. I mean, I honestly don't mind waiting a few months to get a system anymore. And I certainly can't see myself getting into a fight over being one of the first.

Any word on how it went at your store, Ulticron?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers the Wonder Cat
    It's like da Jingle All Da Way!

GET DA TURBO MAN DOOLL!
    That made me smile.

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geez, I can't wait to see what will happen at stores for the launch day of the PS3

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerX
    Boycott Walmart, or screw over the industry...
    I have a better idea. Take advantage of every possible loophole in their return policy and screw walmart. Back when I was in college, I could make rent just by buying stuff and returning it.
    Don't Walmarts ban frequent returners?

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    This whole thing is just sad.

The worst store of all has to be mine:

BEST BUY

We got around 50 pro and 12 core and they BUNDLED EVERY SINGLE ONE. They increased the core price to almost 700 dollars adding in the harmony remote and hard drive among other things. The pro package they have anywhere from 800 - 1000. It's just rediculous seeing the amount of greed and bullshit they're just trying to shove down people's throats.

In the end, they'll pay for it anyhow. I garuntee people who only want the pro system will come RIGHT BACK and return all of the shit they threw in there and massacre the numbers for the store that day. Hey, it's there funeral. I've pretty much given up on buying one. Mostly, it's just too expensive, but if I had the oppurtunity, I'd probably still get one regardless, mostly because my old xbox died. With the amount of calls I've gotten today, it looks like there's going to be way more pandemonium over this than I really thought there ever was going to be. Unless I somehow get REALLY lucky, I highly doubt I'll find one ANYWHERE after getting off work tomorrow at 2pm. Should be interesting seeing a lot of pissed off people at 9am being forced to buy those dumb bundles.
    Can they do that? the sunday add said nothing about a bundle pricing. Are they telling the people before they wait for hours?
    Nope, they bundled them all, and the employees are blantantly lying about it on the phone, saying they have 20 pro and 10 core like the ad. False advertising and it's really irked me they're pulling bullshit like that. I would have bought the 400 system, a lot of accesories and several games but no: fuck all employees. I just hope they get mass returns for trying to give the shaft to the poor people who wait outside all night and find out they're being forced into a 800 purchase around 8am when they hand out tickets.
    What i assume will happen is that the store will not let them return items from the bundle. The bundle may all be under one SKU, and you won't be able to return one thing without returning everything.

Chris
    No. That's not how they bundle stuff there. All the bastards do is shrink wrap it together then print individual barcodes for each item using a telxon and stick it on the plastic. So they bring it up front, cashier scans all skus (some of them have almost 10 damn skus) and that's that. Unless they really pull something whorish outta their hat such as a "no return" policy, I think some, but not all will return lots of stuff.
    Actually, corporate caught wind of this today and did one of their "URGENT:KNOCK THAT SHIT OFF" bulletins. By the sounds of it, just a few stores were doing that. Returns won't be a problem, considering both corporate's stance and the fact that some news outlets caught wind of that, too. Still not as bad as, I think it was Gamestop, bundling a 42" plasma with one of their packages.

Our store's launch went as painlessly as only having 32 Prems and 10 Cores could go. One guy walked in at 8:10 (we opened at 8), bitching because there weren't any consoles for him when we told people it would be first come first serve (which all went to people lining up starting at 6 PM the night before).

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just wanted everyone to know that even though I did not arrive in time to actually get a 360. My Wal Mart handled things extremely well and everybody seemed happy about the way they did it.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At 6AM this morning people were camped outside of Kmart. So they opened the doors 2 hours early for a few minutes just to sell them all to the campers.

By 8AM they were all gone. Not even the department manager could keep one aside. Even if I had been in the department at opening this morning I wouldn't have even been able to keep one for myself.

Not getting one was inevitable. But I really wish I had gotten one just to resell. eBay's got them up really high now.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since when has Wal-Mart ever expressed an interest to ensure their customers safety? Being among the top OSHA violators I'd say never... not to mention that Wal-Mart security executes suspected (need not be actual) shoplifters with relative impunity... with out a trial no less. I'm more shocked by your shock that Wal-Mart don't care.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Posted by: zerohero

Guess you guys will be holding your pee for a while....
    I had to work that day so I didn't even bother with it.

Posted by: joshnickerson

The only system launch I ever attended was the Gamecube's, back in 2001. Since the Wal-Mart I was at was in a small town, there weren't too many people in line, and at about 10 o clock, they actually assigned us all numbers and just told us to come back around midnight.

But I can't see myself doing it again. I mean, I honestly don't mind waiting a few months to get a system anymore. And I certainly can't see myself getting into a fight over being one of the first.

Any word on how it went at your store, Ulticron?[/b]
    I can't remember if I told you on Trillian or not Josh but the whole lose your spot in line deal got canned, I think Kory had alot to do with that. Two days before the midnite rush he was going around the store talking about how unfair it was and how if he didn't get a 360 he was just going to kill all the management there ! When I came in that morning he was there in line with a friend of his that he was using as a seat holder and he came and went as he pleased and ultimately got one. I was just glad he got one, not for the fact it kept him from a killing spree, just that he really wanted it, more to the point we can both laugh at the fact that Phil didn't get one at all anywhere!

On a side note I fully intend on making the 400 mile trek so we can go to the launch of Revolution together. I don't care if we're the only 2 ppl in line. It will still be fun.

EDIT:

Posted by: Acidic_Pain

Since when has Wal-Mart ever expressed an interest to ensure their customers safety? Being among the top OSHA violators I'd say never... not to mention that Wal-Mart security executes suspected (need not be actual) shoplifters with relative impunity... with out a trial no less. I'm more shocked by your shock that Wal-Mart don't care.

I'm not shocked that walmart doesn't care, I should know that better than anyone considering I've wasted almost 5yrs of my life being their slave. I'm just shocked at how insanely obsurd they continue to become.[/quote]
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/23/xbo....ap/index.html

Anthony must be one of them psychic people....

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Ulticron

On a side note I fully intend on making the 400 mile trek so we can go to the launch of Revolution together. I don't care if we're the only 2 ppl in line. It will still be fun.
    Dude, the only reason you want to be at the launch is so you can shout out "VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!" :P

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Well, what did they EXPECT? The people waiting in line wanted to use a numbering system that THEY came up with? Or am I missing something?

I thought by 'first come first serve', it ment that whoever was in line first got served first. Is'nt that normaly how it works? x_x
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion