Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! I'm getting a game(s) AUTOGRAPH. Where should it go?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually forget Virgin...

a simple google search turned up this:
    http://www.thecdframers.com/

Jason

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    Actually forget Virgin...

a simple google search turned up this:
    http://www.thecdframers.com/

Jason

Interesting. I wish the pictures were bigger to look at. I think I like the 3 piece design. Ughh. I just saw the price. $100 for a 3 piece frame. I'll be damned if I spend $400.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Although I've never gotten a game autograthed, here are some suggestions (or "Chris' tips", as I'd like to call it):

- For cased PS2/Neo Geo games, autograph the case; although slip covers may change over time, it's your best bet to keep your games in tip-top shape.

- If you want your John-Hancocked copy of whatever game you have to shine, you should do the following:
    >If the game has it's box/case (maybe complete or even factory-sealed), get it signed in one of it's corners (Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Left, Bottom-Right, etc.).
    >If the game has [only] it's instruction manual, the front/back are some pretty popular locals.
    >If you only have the game, then, *sigh*, you have no other option than to get it signed RIGHT ON THE GAME.

- If you have any other game memorabilia in at least fair condition, get them signed first/only get them signed; after all, your friend's signed copy of Vagrant Story would look like a peice of crap next to your autographed, custom-made "Megaman X" standee ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

manual + CD signed, why not all of it?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Why not all 3?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Why not all 3?
    why not have your ass signed while your at it ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Have him sign both cd and instructions. You can break up the set and have two signed copies if it looks like overkill. I wouldn't personalize it unless you know him personally.

As for the best PS1 game to get signed? Would have to be one of the following

either Castlevania
    any Final Fantasy
    any Resident Evil or
    any Metal Gear

Second place would be something people wouldn't expect. Like a Madden signed by Madden or Die Hard signed by Bruce Willis or that crappy game signed by Pam Anderson.

I'd stay away from having any rare or valuable games signed.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't see this one before...

My opinion comes from Jeff Minter's signing of a bunch of copies of Tempest 2000 and one of 3000 that we gave away at Jagfest 2K1. Oh, and my personal copy, which he also signed

For cartridge games, have them sign the box and the cartridge somewhere. Preferably, sign not the label but somewhere else cool. Minter signed the backs of the Jaguar games.

For disc-based games, have them sign the box and manual. Minter did Tempest 3000 this way.

No matter what it is, bring a special pen for it. For the GOAT Store Publishing signed copies that we sell, we have paint-pens that are silver and gold that we use for darker areas of the manuals. On lighter manuals, they get a black marker. Since with those games, the box is also the manual, we just have them sign the the game's manual itself.

I don't suggest signing the disc just because it has the potential to seep into the game and ruin it, especially if you're using a non-standard pen. If you don't care and want to frame it or something, that's another option then
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not all three because as papastu states:

"...but if you frame it, and your framing something thats signed twice its really just overkill."

I guess I see Papa's point. So I'm leaning towards just the front of the manual. Plus the display I found that's relatively affordable only shows the disc and manual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

If this is a prototype I'd sign the disk. That way you can pretty much prove you didn't burn it yourself.

If he inscribes it have him say something to verify the proto. Like "My personal copy of DDR Street Fighter edition. Joe Blow"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    If this is a prototype I'd sign the disk. That way you can pretty much prove you didn't burn it yourself.

If he inscribes it have him say something to verify the proto. Like "My personal copy of DDR Street Fighter edition. Joe Blow"
    Funny that you say that. The ones I'm having signed are not protos but retail versions. The proto that I am getting from him I do not want signed in case the game gets ruined from the signature. There's only one copy in the world and that's the one I'm getting. (He said he had no use for it and didn't want to bother copying it...so I'm getting the only original proto). I'll check, but I don't even think magazine previews were released on this game (I know GameSpot never had screenshots for it). OMFG, I can't freakin wait to receive this proto. I have been waiting OVER a year for it. (October 2004 was our first contact) I can't sleep at night thinking of it (seriously). I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it and then can't get back to sleep. I even woke up especially early this morning and made mock covers for it. The only other PS1 games that could get me this excited are Alien Virus, ClayFighter Extreme, and Maniac Moons. What I'm afraid of is that I'm being held to secrecy on this game and I don't think he wants me to even say what it is or show screenshots/talk about it. I already signed a contract to never sell/trade or copy it. So it looks like I will be taking this to my grave.

Anyhow, everyone had very good ideas. Thank you for your help.

BTW, I want DDR Street Fighter edition!!!! PM me if anyone has it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

The only other PS1 games that could get me this excited are Alien Virus, ClayFighter Extreme, and Maniac Moons.
    Hmm thats crazy. I have 2 of those and neither one was a big deal when they turned up. Then again a few of the ones I was excited over ended up having PAL releases.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It should go to VAG