View Poll Results: Did you get cought up in the hype of Xbox 360?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.11%
  • No

33 52.38%
  • More interested in Xbox 360

6 9.52%
  • yea right .....

17 26.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you get cought up in the hype of Xbox 360?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Default Did you get cought up in the hype of Xbox 360?

Did you get cought up in the hype of Xbox 360?

I must say Microsoft is trying very hard to own much of the marketshare. Most of you have already voiced your opinions, but there are others that fall into another catagory, and that catagory is hype. Did you give in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty thin hype if you ask me. And I'm one who almost ALWAYS gets hyped about new consoles. But this launch.. too pricey, and stale initial titles.

Calling their launch day "Zero Hour" was a pretty blatant marketing attempt to make it more hip, but it's about the games and not the marketing to me. That's what gets me hyped.

I'll look at the xbox 360 next year. It will obviously still be around :P

At the moment.. it's just too pricey for the low-bar launch titles. But I guess at the moment it's nice little system if you want to waste money on something that has jack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When is the 360 launching anyways?
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty excited about the 360, unfortunately my GameCrazy stores aren't doing any midnight launches, so I have to wait till tomorrow.

Anyways, in regards to the hype.... I definitely didn't get caught up in any of that hype. I totally understand the marketing machines that rev up and do what they need to do to promote their platform, but I never got caught up in it.

I know the launch lineup is pretty damn mediocre, but I'm still excited to get a "early look" at Next-Gen love. That's what it's all about for me. I know for damn sure that Sony isn't coming out with the PS2 in the U.S. before next August. Well, August 2006 is a long time away from now. I'm not the type that likes to wait. I love high tech crap, and I'm the early adopter type.

Do I really want to spend as much money as I'm likely to spend tomorrow? Hell no. But shiznit happens. Ya gotta pay the piper. One strategy that I have right now is to go the rental route when it comes to games. I might buy one or two games at discount, but otherwise I'm rolling with GameFly. Kameo and Madden are at my house right now, waiting patiently, and NBA 2K6 and Condemned are coming in a day or so. I'll probably get Gotham with my Costco bundle, and I might use the "keep it option" with Kameo and GameFly. I can keep Kameo for $37.99. This way, they send me another game that I'm waiting on, like Perfect Dark Zero, and they also send me the retail box and instruction booklet for Kameo. All I pay is tax. Shipping is free if you are a member. So it's a pretty cool deal.

Anyways, tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I can get a little bit of sleep tonite.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

the magic 8 ball tells a grim future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I almost bought into the hype and picked one up. In the end, I elected not to because the lack of interest in launch titles. I still have some ps2 and xbox games that I have not completely dove into yet, so I am holding off.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I NEVER buy a system at launch, for various reasons. I always wait at least six months, if not a year, before I buy one. I WILL get a Xbox 360 eventuly but probaly a used system from a more reliable and dependable model and once at least three 'must have' games unqiue to the system come out.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    I NEVER buy a system at launch, for various reasons. I always wait at least six months, if not a year, before I buy one. I WILL get a Xbox 360 eventuly but probaly a used system from a more reliable and dependable model and once at least three 'must have' games unqiue to the system come out.
    And miss out on this rendition of Quake 4? Shame on you!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    And miss out on this rendition of Quake 4? Shame on you!
    That's what happens when you don't take the time to do it right.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

I am really not too excited about it. I will probably pick one up after I get a PS3 and Revolution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let’s see, do I really want to drive around for hours looking for a store to that doesn’t have a 45 person line outside? Nope. Well, how about taking time off of work to get one? No, not really. Even if I did get one, would I want to play the crappy launch titles anyway? Nope.

I guess that about covers it. I think I’ll go play my Turbo Duo.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Nope i didn't buy into the.. hype that is the Xbwak 360 :P

At this point my mind is made up, i'm waiting for the PS3 and the Revolution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

The only game, rehash it maybe, that got me a little more intrested is Call of Duty 2. Sure , I've done it before, but from what I saw, they did a good job. Besides that, everything else was meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Not caught up whatsoever. I'm about this ::holds up index finger and thumb that are an inch apart:: interested in the 360 at the moment. There are still good games to be played on the Xbox so I'll hang tight until maybe the middle of next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nope - not getting one untill a get though at least a 3rd of my huge backlog of games Or a year and a half from now
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by NE146
    PAt the moment.. it's just too pricey for the low-bar launch titles. But I guess at the moment it's nice little system if you want to waste money on something that has jack.
    Exactly.

I still think MS is doing a lot of things right, but I don't think the desire to be first out the box is one of those things.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did I want one at launch? YES.....

Did I want to wait in a line for 8 - 16 hours? NO

Will my reserve at Gamestop be filled in 2 weeks? Yes

Did I give into the hype? I guess I did a little, because I went to Wal Mart at 10 last night only to find 45 people standing in line and they only had 45 consoles.

Poor suckers.... I cant believe people are buying the core :/

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a Microsoft fan.

The Xbox is easily my favorite of the consoles out of the last three from the biggies.

I want a 360. I also want Elderscrolls. I played a 360 in private the other day. It's a very ugly system. After seeing it in real life I don't like the "spaceage" look of it at all. It seems that it doesn't know whether it wants to be a console or a PC tower. I don't like the controller when used with the game that I played, Call Of Duty 2, which in my opinion is a bad franchise anyway. I was forever accidentally throwing smoke grenades due to the high click down sensitivity of the sticks. The graphic details were great, but as I said.....it's shitty ol' Call Of Duty and I'm sure that other launch games look and play ten times better.

I don't get sucked in by launch hype but I do want a 360, regardless of whether I like the aesthetics or not. I just don't feel like parting with the unecessarily large sum of cash right now. Elderscrolls isn't here yet and it's not like the 360 is going to melt and go away forever if I don't buy it the month it comes out.

Besides......every single console launch has people who buy one without considering whether they can afford to support it or not and you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll be able to find perfectly good used Xbox 360s and software in the months after launch has come and gone. Even more so with the confusion and mess over having a core console that does nothing, but will sell to the wrong people due to the price. That's how I got my first Xbox.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm waiting on the revolution. The more I think about it the more impressed I am with the thoughs of it, not to mention I probably won't have to wait in line on launch day, nor will I have to pay much to get it.

I got hyped up over the original XBox and I got let down. So fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Edit: Looking back and thinking about it all, the only two consoles I got on Launch day were the Dreamcast and the XBox, and I was let down by both. However I have recently come to the revelation that it was my fault I was let down by the DC, so the DC is going to get some well desirved attention paid to it.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I never liked the Xbox nor do I even care for the Xbox 360 right now. I have had enough of FPS's and don't care at all about playing online, so there's not too much point to owning the Xbox in my eyes (save for a few titles). Same thing goes for the Xbox 360 right now. Absolutely nothing from the launch titles there that I want. So, for now, the Xbox 360 is looking the same as the Xbox to me....purely meh.