Thread: shattered union 2K games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default shattered union 2K games

has anyone played this game

the idea behind it sounds interesting. looking at pics dosent give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Its a turn based strategy game which seems like it has something diferent than the usual pick and place and watch video. I have had some great fun with these kinds of games and also great bordeom - where i end up trying to force myself to continue playing.

im curious about other peoples experience with this game. The background story sounds interesting and kind of fresh.
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I bought this for Xbox a few weeks ago. I've only played it for about an hour so I can't give you a real detailed review on it but it's definitely a fun game. The opening movie is pretty good and the story is top too. I thought the gameplay would be slow since it's a hex-strategy game but it's actually fast paced and keeps you on your toes. And Live multiplayer too which was the main thing which sold me on it.

The one thing I didn't like about it though was the lack of a tutorial mode. All they give you is a movie that tells you how to play. And it plays FAST too, so dumb asses like me have to watch it more than once to understand what the hell is going on.