Just wondering what you guys think to the re-releases or slimline versions of many consoles, and whether you prefer them over the oiginal from a design point of view.

PS2/PStwo - I much prefer the PStwo. OK, so there's no (official) HDD support and your PSU may explode but the slimline looks sooo much better. It looks great in black or ceramic white, but the silver one looks tacky.

PS1/PSone - Again, I much prefer the styling of the slimline PSone.

SFami/SFami Jr. - Hmmm. Undecided on this one. Never actually seen a Jr. in real life so it's hard to comment. Although from what I've seen, the Jr. is very cute.

Fami/NES/NES2[AV Fami] - The original model of the Famicom looks so funky and Japanese, it's hard to dislike it. Especially with a Disk System sat underneath. The original NES was a brick tbh, not the greatest design ever. The new AV Fami is a nice design, especially the new pads.

MD/MD2/Genny3 - As a standalone machine, I prefer the MD2 over the original. Although when a MD1 is hooked into a M-CD1, it looks amazing and much better than a CD2 set-up. From the pictures I've seen of the Genny3, it's pretty nifty. Although the Sega RG-M1 Wondermega is surely the finest looking piece of MD hardware ever.

MasterSystem/MS2 - IS there anyone who actually liked the original design of the MS? Absolutely horrible. The redesign looked so much better, even if it did lack card support.

And a special mention has to go to the Panasonic Q version of the GC, and the Divers 2000 DC. The Q is an amazing looking bit of kit, and a Divers is the best console design ever.