Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Xbox360 owners-sound off- happy?sad?good/bad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Xbox360 owners-sound off- happy?sad?good/bad?

Just wondering with all these reports of 360s overheating etc since this is the ONLY board on the net were I trust on average 90% of the fellow gamers that post on here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Are you happy with the console ? was it worth the money or are you going back to playing PS2/Xbox/Gamecube?

Did you get a good system? a faulty one etc?

Is it a true jump in gaming in your opinion?

or is it just current gen PS2/Xbox/GC with shiney graphics?

--------------------------------------------------------

The last and ONLY system I got on launch was the Dreamcast (wich was well worth it) but other than that I have the rule: NEVER BUY A NEW CONSOLE ON LAUNCH DAY and I usually wait at LEAST 6 months or so before getting one so I was curious as to how many here are content with the expensive jump into the next-gen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm not many new 360 owners out there?

maybe they are playing their new shiny system and games?

or maybe they are having a nice conversation with Microsoft tech support about their new investment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be fair, you've only given them 20 minutes to reply and posted this in the 'classic gaming' section...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Happy with the system, sad that my firts game was a damaged disk. and currently trying to Kick J Allards Ass at PDZ. If i can find him that is.

Oh and this is modern gaming. The 360 isn't an instant classic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Good - Love the wireless controllers, design of controllers, system itself, Xbox live

Bad - the noise it puts out, cost of games

Other than that, I LOVE this thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Good - Goes for $1000 on ebay.

Bad - If you've got one, you've probably got pneumonia too.

Ugly - Doesn't spread well on crackers and all the games are mediocre at best.

But what do I care? I've got mine, but it's a Christmas present so it will stay sealed until Xmas.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Insert Coin (Level 0) phantomfriar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: New Xbox360 owners-sound off- happy?sad?good/bad?

Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    Just wondering with all these reports of 360s overheating etc since this is the ONLY board on the net were I trust on average 90% of the fellow gamers that post on here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Are you happy with the console ? was it worth the money or are you going back to playing PS2/Xbox/Gamecube?

Did you get a good system? a faulty one etc?

Is it a true jump in gaming in your opinion?

or is it just current gen PS2/Xbox/GC with shiney graphics?

--------------------------------------------------------

The last and ONLY system I got on launch was the Dreamcast (wich was well worth it) but other than that I have the rule: NEVER BUY A NEW CONSOLE ON LAUNCH DAY and I usually wait at LEAST 6 months or so before getting one so I was curious as to how many here are content with the expensive jump into the next-gen?
    As an everytenminutes winner, I have ZERO reason to complain. However, to answer your Q's:

1. Had I paid $400 for it...I'm not sure it's worth it NOW at least. The graphics in CALL OF DUTY are exceptional and I do feel like I'm playing "next gen" on that title.

2. System works great

3. I believe it is a "next gen" system and a leap forward. Considering the difference between the *launch* titles of GC/PS2/Xbox and what I've seen on the 360 (Kameo, Call of Duty), there's a noticeable difference in detail, colors, shadows...and that will only improve come 2006 and beyond as we truly see software that can take advantage of its power.

Bottom line -- had I *not* won -- I probably would have waited until 2006 and a price drop for the 360. $400 (with no games) is a good chunk of change for this system, and right now I'm not totally sure it's worth all that. On the other hand, is it a lemon? The next Dreamcast? No way IMO. A MARIO 64, HALO, etc. (i.e. primo launch title) comes along only once in a while.

I *do* like what I see in the launch titles generally -- and come next year, with a year under its belt already, I think the system will be a better value than the PS3. In that regard I think Microsoft was smart to get it out, and get it out now, in advance of what's to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Out of interest, which system are people going for; the fully-loaded HDD & remote pad package or the cheap-ass basic package?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, these guys got one, and they were happy with theirs:

Putting the Xbox 360 to good use

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey
    Out of interest, which system are people going for; the fully-loaded HDD & remote pad package or the cheap-ass basic package?
    People are going for whatever they can get their hands on, which means microsoft is going to rip off a TON of people with the $100 20 gig hard drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Moved to Modern Gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the chance to get a core system, but I wanted the premium since I knew I would be paying $100 for the HDD in the long run, and I didnt want to buy a $40 memory card to save my games. Im just gonna wait it out until I can snag a premium on the next shipment.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got mine this morning (hard drive bundle).

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm feeling kind of so-so about the launch lineup, it's about average. Not as nice as the DC launch, and not as pathetic as the PS2 launch.

The system itself is impressive, has lots of cool high-tech features, including the ultimate in sloth technology: Turning the system on & off using the wireless controller. It's about damn time!

Seriously though, I'm very anxious to see what the second wave of 360 games will be like, once developers are a little more comfortable with the hardware and aren't working under such short time constraints.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally dig it. Definitely worth the price, but I'm not sure it was worth freezing all night for. I didn't even play games for the first hour or two... I spent the whole time playing with the other features. I REALLY love the fact I can stream music, movies, etc. off of my computer. I wasn't aware you could do that with a regular XP system, I thought it was only a "Media Center" PC. Turns out there's an update to download that makes your PC a "Media Center." Who knew?

The games look fantastic, especially with the VGA output. Perfect Dark was sort of meh in the multiplayer category, but the single player has been great thus far. Spent a while playing Quake 2 (not 4), and it is very faithful to the original PC version. Haven't loaded up Quake 4 yet.

My only gripe is the headset has a crappy ear speaker compared to the original Xbox headset, and I kept getting a ton of feedback from somewhere, so it was like talkng in a cave.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel
    Well, these guys got one, and they were happy with theirs:

Putting the Xbox 360 to good use

Vroomfunkel
    Funny part = Best Buy replacement plan sitting right next to it. Those assholes just did it to screw with the people right there, and are probably returning it ASAP.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've only played the demo at wally-world and the Call of Duty 2 demo was like butter. Loved how smoothly that one tower came crumbling down with the in-game engine. The smoke grenade effects were very nice and useful as well "finally".

If Anybody can give some more impressions on games would be great. I really wanna know how the multiplayer is in CoD 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by devilman
    To be fair, you've only given them 20 minutes to reply and posted this in the 'classic gaming' section...

Best reply I've read all day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    I've only played the demo at wally-world and the Call of Duty 2 demo was like butter. Loved how smoothly that one tower came crumbling down with the in-game engine. The smoke grenade effects were very nice and useful as well "finally".

If Anybody can give some more impressions on games would be great. I really wanna know how the multiplayer is in CoD 2.
    I love the game to death on PC it is a very next gen looking game. As far as muliplayer it don't get much better, but I am playing it on PC. I imagine the MP on 360 is very much like the PC version with less people playing at once and lesss mods and clans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default I love it.

I too won mine for free. I work at a game store so I get to rent any game that is in overstock for free. If I did pay 400 bones for it, I would be OK with the system. There is alot of decent games, just not that must have title. Overall I think that system launch was good and not great. The prices on everything are pretty high. $40 dollars for component, $50 for wireless, $100 for hardrive . My system works, as it should. I am happy with my unit, I just dont know if people who shelled out the money for it should be.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't put it vertical.

I thought maybe they fixed the problems vertical systems had after the PS2, but no.

My PDZ is fooked, and I gotta go get an exchange. My system is now in SUPER-HORIZONTAL-POSITION of POWER.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/