Thread: Gamecrazy refund issue resolved

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gamecrazy refund issue resolved

Please read the story below. I need clarity on Gamecrazy's refund policy. I explained what happened to my wife tonight and she is ready to go to the store personally. I don't want to cause a scene or like to be involved in heavy drama I like going to stores looking for a deal so I don't want to create a I wont be back type of vibe. If I am wrong somehow ( I don't think so) I will make do. I just need clear insight on the policy so I know what I'm talking about. I posted this in the launch day thread but after talking with my wife I need to here straight from someone who knows mouth.

Here is what happened?

I preorder a 360 at gamecrazy I paid it off.

234.00 debit. 50.00 credit cards rest in store credit trade ins/cash.

The Gamecrazy mgr tells me I won't get one at launch and tells me there is no sure date of when I am going to get one but I am on the next shipment number 6.

I get caught up in the hype I stand in line for 8.0hrs to get a 360 at circuit city I get one.

I decided to go to gamecrazy to buy some games and accessories. and get my 234.00 that was on my debit card credited to my account. The clerks calls the manager the manager says the can't refund a deposit. Some crap about waiting for my preorder to come in and waiting for them to sell it.

I think this is total bullcrap. I understand trade in credit but why can't you recredit a debit card? Now I have a preorder system a system and no games. I didn't want to use my store credit until I talked with the mgr face to face.
    i know my wife is gonna kill me. She thinks some money is going to credited back to the account.

I can justify a system and some games not $800.00-900.00 just out there. I have never meet a store that cannot somehow refund a deposit How can you hijack someones money like that? Is it legal?

I was planning to cancel my preorder refund the debit portion and buy games and accessories with the store credit balance 200.00

My circuit city xbox 360 is still unopened in the box my wife will be watching the bank account with the eye of suaron to
    see if the money gets credited. If not she is going to the store.

There is no refund clarity on the reciept the debit appeared as cash on the reciept but the visa white reciept is stapled to it. Also it says new and unopened product may be returned for cash within 7days. The debit date was Nov 7th. Technically I haven't purchased the item because I haven't recieved it yet right?

Any insight would be appreciated.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, that's total bullshit and you should get your money back. If you pre-ordered a system months ago and they can't provide one for you at launch or tell you when they'll get more in, then it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't. My guess is that the employees/manager there work on commission and he doesn't want to loose your sale.

When Gamerush called to tell me that my pre-order is delayed 'till next week, they apologized profusely and offered a full refund (deposit and all).

I'd send your wife back there if I were you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I work for a different chain, but I'm also calling BS on this. They cannot hold your money and not provide you the goods. It's outright theft.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They can't hold it. I managed a GC for a whie, all he needs to do is a simple refund.
    eBay Feedback / eBay Auctions

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know it is funny I have never asked for a refund at this store on a purchase and I purchased tons of games from them. I hope they don't expect me to have 450.00 in store credit to buy games I like to choose what credit I have. With the 360 being so hot it should definately not be a problem. Just bump the next guy up.
    neo geo system

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

It's bullshit, pure and simple. My fiancee Eternal Tune dropped a $150 deposit for two X360's, and was told that they wouldn't arrive at launch. So we waited outside Best Buy all night and snagged two.

Game Crazy did tell us that we could get the money back, but they gave us the 'I don't have enough money in the store' runaround, which I find hard to believe on a system launch day. After two unsuccessful attempts, the guy there finally told us we could come and get the money. He said he called the manager and he OK'd the refund.

They're trying to keep your business in the store, but since they failed to deliver the product to you, they aren't entitled to keep the money for any reason. You didn't enter a binding contract. I'd get the store's DM involved if they insist on not giving you a refund. You'll most likely have to retain the amount you traded in as GC store credit, but the cash you gave them should be given back to you.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPDATE::

I had to call the corperate office game relations division. They made the clerk refund my visa card. They had the clerk to call the mgr to inform her. The funny thing is if it was the mgr money being tied up it would be a different
    story. Thanks for feedback
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the clerk must be full of crap

sometimes i think they are pressured into doing things like that

i got screwed over trying to return some games and was only given store credit

anyways
    i was at a game crazy and saw with my own eyes and heared with my own ears a customer get thier money back from a 360 preorder
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First, I'm glad you got the refund. Second, you have to be more willing to stand up for yourself. As I mentioned in another thread, I am not above creating a scene when I'm being dicked over in a situation like that.

You'd be amazed how fast the policies change when you raise your voice and other customers hear you.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    First, I'm glad you got the refund. Second, you have to be more willing to stand up for yourself. As I mentioned in another thread, I am not above creating a scene when I'm being dicked over in a situation like that.

You'd be amazed how fast the policies change when you raise your voice and other customers hear you.
    It all depends on where you are. I have worked for one place where creating a scene would give you the option of leaving where you were complaining and trying to enjoy the rest of your day, or going home. If you didn't create a scene, you'd get free stuff.

Usually, nice guys finish last, but luckily it isn't all the time.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Gamecrazy refund issue resolved

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    234.00 debit. 50.00 credit cards rest in store credit trade ins/cash.
    I decided to go to gamecrazy and get my 234.00 that was on my debit card credited to my account. The clerks calls the manager the manager says the can't refund a deposit.
    234.00 on your debit card - returned
    50.00 credit card - not returned - store is holding it
    $125 in store credits - ??? returned or not?

Is that correct? Call your credit card company. Say you paid $50 and received nothing from the store. Charge it back.

And they should give a cash or gift card for the $125 in store credits. Sounds to me you were not forceful enough. Remember - The Customer is the boss - not store lackeys.

Call your credit card company. Charge it back.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1
    anyways
    i was at a game crazy and saw with my own eyes and heared with my own ears a customer get thier money back from a 360 preorder
    While I was reading it, I was thinking

"Sell the one you have on ebay for $1000, wait for your preorder"

Then I read that he cancelled his preorder. So there.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior

I stand up for myself in all situations but i'm 38 now. I have learned that raising hell draws attention to the issue but not necessarily resolves it. i try to pick and choose my battles. I frequent the store quite a bit. I want to continue doing that.
    I get good deals here and there I didn't want to create a scene where I would feel uneasy going back in there.

I also know over time I out live the workers in the company.
    Managers come and go but I do make friends with the staff.
    It might have been the mgr or it could have been corperates way of making you go the extra mile.
    I will let you all know what happens when I see the manager again.
    neo geo system