Thread: 50 Cent to Parents: Get yo kids my game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Default 50 Cent to Parents: Get yo kids my game.

I'm not really a fan of 50 or of rap in general nowadays but i think i may just love 50 over some recent comments he made about hi new game 50 cent: Bulletproof.

"Just because it is rated Mature doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it for your kids. Play the game and explain to them what they are playing."

"I think everyone knows that a game is a game. There's the part where you actually press start on the controller -- after that you are playing a game."

Now i don't think he meant little 5 years olds, but all the same those are some of the wisest words ever spoken on the issue.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...php?story=7278

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I think what he said was completely ignorant. Everyone knows it's just a game, sure, but all it takes is one dipshit to screw it up for everyone, and if Fitty's game is at the forefront of the fiasco, it leaves the door open for more anti-game violence garbage.

The parents who are buying this game for their children probably aren't going to ever have to teach their children about 'life on the street' or whatever the hell it was he said.

Some things are better left unsaid, especially when the one doing the talking is just trying to sell more copies of his game.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    I think what he said was completely ignorant. Everyone knows it's just a game, sure, but all it takes is one dipshit to screw it up for everyone, and if Fitty's game is at the forefront of the fiasco, it leaves the door open for more anti-game violence garbage.

The parents who are buying this game for their children probably aren't going to ever have to teach their children about 'life on the street' or whatever the hell it was he said.

Some things are better left unsaid, especially when the one doing the talking is just trying to sell more copies of his game.
    Oob i think you missed the point. First off kids are anyone under 17 not just the wee-ones.

I also don't think he meant teach them about life on the street, but rather teach them about violence and gang violence in general. Teach them that it's ok in a game or movie but completely wrong in real life. Explain that things like street violence go on in the world, but it's wrong.

I agree that the line "Just because it is rated Mature doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it for your kids." makes it sound like an attempt to sell it to children, but you should also note that he said, "Play the game". Now how many people would actually say that if they were just trying to get more copies in the hands of minors?

Mature is a guide line not a definitive rule. If you play an M rated game and you think it's suitable for your kids then go buy it. Besides with the stigma against rapper amongst a lot of parents do you really think he'd sell more copies by telling the parents to play it? Maybe, but only if they approve.

Wouldn't you rather someone be encouraging active parental participation rather then just saying here go buy it? He promoting due diligence and responsibility. Something the uptight anti-game crowd doesn't do.

Yes this is probably gonna rile up ol' Jacky Boy, but his creditbility is shit at this point anyways and after CSI: Miami's ridiculous episode last tuesday, i'd say backlash over these comments is slim-to-nil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Everyone knows it's just a game, sure, but all it takes is one dipshit to screw it up for everyone, and if Fitty's game is at the forefront of the fiasco, it leaves the door open for more anti-game violence garbage.
    And millions of dollars of free publicity for Fitty!
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gggg - Geeeee - uuuunnniiiTTTTTTT!!!

Okay I want to buy that gaem now!!!@@@
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Props to 50 Cent for addresing the problem

The game still looks terrible

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

$20 says his PR person comes out and says it "was all taken out of context."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(ME BITCHING ABOUT 50 CENTS {NOT MAIN TOPIC})
    Well i hate 50, i hate all types of rap that go along the same deal. Some of the worst written, worst beats, and just a giant pile of crap. I cringe every time i hear the crap. And if you want to say i don't like rap or hip-hop in general i go for ones that have some substance to their lyrics, and very well orchastraited beats. Those people are along the lines of Aesop Rock, Jurassic 5, Del The Funky Homosapien ( or Deltron 2050). The crap brung apon us by the likes of 50 cent and Eminem should be destroyed.

(THE MAIN TOPIC)
    Now on to the actual topic, even though i hate him and he has the PR skills of an ass tumor he dosn't have a point if you dig down into what he is saying. What i got was that you can get your TEENAGERS the game, but you should teach them the difference b/w real life and fiction. Hence if u buy it, you must be responsible for the repracutions of your actions.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HIS MUSIC

HIS VIDEOS

HIS GAME

Taking up space in the back room.......

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll never buy his music or his game for that matter, but he is right, a game is just a game.

Violence in video games is an ancient issue that will most likely never die. I remember when I was in college an everyone on the news was blaming the columbine shootings on Doom. OH DEAR LORD DOOM IS EVIL! Yeah whatever, now no one takes that ancient game seriously. It takes a sane person to enjoy a game, no matter whether it's Sonic CD, Doom or 50 cent Bulletproof. It takes a psychopath to grab a gun and shoot someone for no logical reason and then casually dump the blame on someone or something else. Psychopath's always have and always will have an excuse to justify their deeds. "It was the voices in my head." "My mother didn't love me." "I was acting out a video game." The truth of the matter is they're just not sane and that's why they do what they do.

If parents are involved in what they're children are doing then these kids playing violent games won't be affected at all by it. In fact they'll most likey get bored of the game quickly and toss it to the side. The reason these kids want these games is simply because they can't have them.

On a funny note why hasn't any psychopath ever flipped out on a Sonic game? That would be cool to see some nut jub running around like a mad man in red shoes trying to run up buildings and down walls.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

If he was real honest hed say to just buy a different game for your kids.

Hey Dead to Rights with a bunch of shitty rap music sign me up!

Read Jagdiesels blog for a look at the fitty cent game in depth.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I got to say is GGGGGGGGGG-U-NOT!! FUCK 50!
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

actually, the game sports some nice violent shootouts from the animated gifs i've seen on 4chan.org. its kind of funny that this game along with two others have the "18+ to rent" sticker on them, yet the majority of the other m-rated titles have no restrictions (family video).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This would probably be the LAST game I'd buy for my kids, if I ever had children...not because of its rating, but because it sucks.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont like this game at all. But 50's popularity is growing so much that people will just buy the game just cause it has 50cent in the title. Why would he care how shit his game is or how good it is? hes stacking up on the moeny either way. And i can bet you that more kids will be buying this game then aldults. I can actaully highly gaurentee that.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I denied some kid from buying this game today even though his "parent" (who was likely his older brother) and him gave me a blank look when I told them why its not for kids.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)